Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Craigs

Spess

So basically I'm making a map based off one of the maps from a game called Space Station 13, specifically /tg/'s map. So far I've got the basic layout done and started actually working on arrivals i.e, adding doors, windows, creating a basic path for the player to follow, etc.

Progress so far

The map it's based on

Also it's gonna be for PRBoom

Do you think it will be any fun to play? Looks like this map will be all about opening hundreds doors leading to small flat rooms with some monsters and/or items inside. In other words, pretty boring. Well, I guess Wolf3d fans might like it...

Memfis said:

Do you think it will be any fun to play? Looks like this map will be all about opening hundreds doors leading to small flat rooms with some monsters and/or items inside. In other words, pretty boring. Well, I guess Wolf3d fans might like it...

Nah, I'm not going to keep it that flat and boxy. There's going to be plenty of curves, different floor levels, and shit. The reason it looks that way right now is because I drew the basic level layout first since the station's design is kind of intricate. I figured it'd be easiest to just do that first and then start going to work on detailing and smoothing it out one department at a time.

Plus the level's going to be slightly restricted and have an end goal (i.e. the emergency shuttle wing on the far right side of the station). There'll be plenty of room for exploration but I'm hoping to ensure that it's pretty clear what the player's end goal is as well as the general paths he needs to follow to get there.