Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duh

Pure vanilla 32 map pack?

Since when does Doomsday not work with new textures? Or are you referring to high resolution textures?

Interception is a vanilla megawad with stock textures. It's mixed bag of mĀ£aps but there are some good ones.

Would Hellbound work on Doomsday? iirc that states it uses only stock textures, but its not vanilla

For Doom 1, 2002 ADO is a full 36 level replacement, and IIRC the first two episodes only use stock textures. New textures start to appear in episode 3; most of these are from Doom 2, so with a bit of work you could replace them with their high res counterparts.

Doom 1 also has absolutely tonnes of 8/9 level episodes using only stock textures. A few that spring to mind are CHRetro, Classic Episode, Classic Episode 2, Dawn of the Dead, Fava Beans, Chris Lutz's Inferno, and Phobos Revisited.

For Doom 2, other than those already mentioned there's BF_Thud! and the first Community Chest. The latter has a new RSKY3, but you can just delete it.

As far as I can tell, Sunder was made using Vanilla mapping features (?), so it should work fine on Doomsday (or any limit removing port). Obviously performance is another issue entirely.

Doomsday doesn't yet have support for most Boom features.

njdoom2 is great if you dig 1994 style: low detail, kinda weird texturing (it's not hideous or anything, just very oldschool). The new skys are cool/funny, but you can play without them. Only downside is most maps are easy by today's standards, so you might have to run with -fast monsters or something.

mm.. i'll said Doom the way ID Did and it's sequel (whoops, i read now you searching megawad that uses only stock material from original wads...) it could be good as vanilla megawads... other cool wad are Heroes 2....