Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom 3 In 2003

I just hope that when the time comes, I'll have a computer good enough to run it =)

Actually, Quake 4 is a wholly separate game, based on the storyline from Quake 2, being produced by Raven software.

Zaldron might know more and/or correct me on this.

Katarhyne said:

Actually, Quake 4 is a wholly separate game, based on the storyline from Quake 2, being produced by Raven software.

Good, Quake 2 was the best out of the series IMO.

Archvile64 said:

I just hope that when the time comes, I'll have a computer good enough to run it =)

Ditto.

Archvile64 said:

Good, Quake 2 was the best out of the series IMO.

And...ditto :)

It's amazing how Quake IV is already under production considering the series was invented and created a few years after Doom... but yet, Doom is only going on it's 3rd addition. Even though the Doom series is the better of ID games; I still patiently await Quake IV as well. Doom III will devastate every computer desktop machine once again and you will see.

Why is everybody so feaked out about the Doom3 logo? It only got a III and a different color scheme, THAT'S ALL.

boris said:

Why is everybody so feaked out about the Doom3 logo? It only got a III and a different color scheme, THAT'S ALL.

Such a harsh judge of taste, you are :P

I can't wait. DOOM3... It's actually happening all over again. ID was serious after all. The demons, the invasion, the horror, the destruction... DAMNIT, I wish they'd release it sooner. I want to wield the boomstick and the ol' buckshot once more. I want to enter the new Hell once more, to terrorize it again.

dsm said:

First: We've known that the game's official name is "Doom 3" since May 3.
Second: We don't all agree that it sucks that it's called "Doom 3" - I certainly don't, I think it rocks - id finally decided to do a real sequel to Doom and Doom 2, something I think that the old games definitely deserve.
And I don't give a damn what all those kids who haven't tried the old Doom games think. If id does it right, I'll be too busy enjoying the Hell out of Doom 3 to give a shit about all those kids, if id doesn't do it right, at least they'll have made a great game for me to enjoy (the only post Doom 2 game I haven't enjoyed is Q3A - I know id's style and id's style happens to appeal to me a lot!) and I STILL wont care what the kiddies think.

I agree. But I guess you'd say I am one of the kiddies. The fact of a long deserved sequel was what drew me to venture into the comments. Plus the pic.

Archvile64 said:

Meeee too.

I LOVE YOU ALL ITS THINGS LIKE TYHIS THAT MAKE ME PROUD TO BE A DOOMER.....YES I KNEW IT WAS GONNA COME OUT IN 2003 I BELEIVE ITS GONNA BE AROUND THE WINTER TIME WHEN IT HITS IN STORES.....I LOVE THE NEW LOGO BUT ITS LIKE I ALWAYS KNEW IT WAS GONNA LOOK LIKE IT DOES...JUST LIKE I KNEW IT WAS GONNA BE CALLED DOOM3 YEARS AND YEWARS AGO WAY BEFORE THERE WAS ANOTHER RUMOR OF A DOOM3....YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK ALL YOU DOOMERS FUCKING ROCK...YOU GUYS ARE LIKE BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO ME I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH.....YOUR ALL PIMPS AND BEAST....THIS COMMUNITY IS SOLID....I LOVE DOOM I LOVE YOU ALL

to all of those bitching about it being released in 2003....... we've come this far..... why not just a little longer? you'll live.... patience is the key to a good game. Besides, we'll probably have a demo or "test" (muwhaha) as they would say way before that. Who knows, they could finish early and decide to drop it late 2002.

I mean common, in just a day or so, we are going to be knee deep in the dead with E3 DOOM 3 coverage..... what more could you ask for?

If they really wanted to make you suffer, they'd change the the sign to say "Coming 3002"....

but it is going to be the shit, nonetheless....... DOOM 3 will once more rock the world as DOOm and DOOM 2 did.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE TO BELONG TO US!

*in my personal opinion, i beleive id used that phrase to pretty much lay the smack down on every other game companies to say..... 'dont even try, we've allready won.... for time being', due to all the attetnion DOOm 3 is getting, and it deserves every last bit.*

BuckShot

MORBIDTWATT said:

I LOVE YOU ALL ITS THINGS LIKE TYHIS THAT MAKE ME PROUD TO BE A DOOMER.....YES I KNEW IT WAS GONNA COME OUT IN 2003 I BELEIVE ITS GONNA BE AROUND THE WINTER TIME WHEN IT HITS IN STORES.....I LOVE THE NEW LOGO BUT ITS LIKE I ALWAYS KNEW IT WAS GONNA LOOK LIKE IT DOES...JUST LIKE I KNEW IT WAS GONNA BE CALLED DOOM3 YEARS AND YEWARS AGO WAY BEFORE THERE WAS ANOTHER RUMOR OF A DOOM3....YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK ALL YOU DOOMERS FUCKING ROCK...YOU GUYS ARE LIKE BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO ME I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH.....YOUR ALL PIMPS AND BEAST....THIS COMMUNITY IS SOLID....I LOVE DOOM I LOVE YOU ALL

Just say no to drugs

Man, after D3 comes out there will be a global emergency as geeks around the planet skip work for weeks unable to stop playing. This game is gonna seriously fuck people up. I wouldn't be surprised if there were people dieing of heart attacks and shit from this. Heh, and I'm dead serious when I see that. There should be a MAXIMUM age of 35 on the box. Don't want all the old gamers keeling over the first time the ******* comes around the corner....

I gotta get down there and see if they'll let me take another peek. :-) What's worse, the anticipation of a game that you've seen a few grainy pics of, or getting a wonderful taste then having two years of nothing. That and I can't even talk about what I did see. Hurry up and release the goddamn game so I can get some relief!

I'M DIEING HERE.......

boris said:

exactly my thoughts.

imo, i would rather want it to be released on Dec 3rd 2003 :D to live up as a legendary game that would return in a decade.

Buckshot said:

to all of those bitching about it being released in 2003....... we've come this far..... why not just a little longer?

I'll be developing games full time next year, if it was released sometime this year I know I'll have the time to play it fully :)

boris said:

I'm freaked out about it because:
1. It's a relief to see that id didn't make a new logo which sucked (they could've made a new logo, which was cool too, but the risk of the opposite is there), and the old logo rocks anyway.
2. It brings back memories to the day I first saw that logo (but with cyan and yellow).
3. The new colours really make the old logo look awesome - red is always a cool colour, especially when it gives associations to Hell, and the metal gradient is also very fitting in a way.

It's amazing how Quake IV is already under production considering the series was invented and created a few years after Doom... but yet, Doom is only going on it's 3rd addition. Even though the Doom series is the better of ID games; I still patiently await Quake IV as well. Doom III will devastate every computer desktop machine once again and you will see.

Not really, considering that the three Quakes (four now) weren't what I'd call "real" sequels as each new game didn't represent a continuation of the story in the previous Quake game. Quake IV is merely a sequel to Quake 2, a continuation of the Quake 2 story.

So they've really only done one sequel to one of the three Quake games' stories. That's how I look at it anyway :-)

Crusader said:

Gamespy has an E3 article on DOOM III up now, with an interview with Marty Stratton and shots of the booth being setup.

Also, they got a high-res version of the logo:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/image.asp?/e32002/pc/doom3/1.jpg

[sarcasm]Gee, we didn't know that![/sarcasm]
It just happens to be mentioned in the Doom 3 forum (and now in the news, but I suppose you posted this BEFORE it came in the DW news).

Doom 3 and Quake 4, both using the best looking engine ever seen.

Now if only they were making another Wolf game using this engine too... :)

Actually, scrap the Wolf idea. What we need is a new, Doom 3 engined Keen game! ;)

NiGHTMARE said:

Now if only they were making another Wolf game using this engine too... :)

It's a possibility that Gray Matter will do a sequel to RtCW - I saw on Planetwolfenstein months ago that one of the Gray Matter guys said in an interview that they were discussing the possibilities of doing a sequel.
I think they'd make a Normandy beach landing level and allow the player to kill Hitler in the end if they made a Wolfenstein sequel - especially the stuff about not killing Hitler in RtCW is something a lot of people have been bitching about.

Anyway, Doom 3 is obviously not going to be a sequel after all, but a remake of Doom 1 - it's just really stupid that they called it "Doom 3" imo.

killing Hitler in RtCW is something a lot of people have been bitching about

Are you kidding? How would that cope with history?

Fredrik said:

Are you kidding? How would that cope with history?

Don't ask me, I'm not the one bitching about this.
Heh, maybe your mission in that sequel to RtCW would be to capture Hitler alive, but then he commits suicide (once you smash his mecha suit) :-P