Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm looking for the old ZDoom MoonRaker TC by Sam, specifically the MoonRaker elite dudes.

In addition, I'm also looking for the GoleneyeX wad by Stephen Browning(links no longer work on his site) so I can fix some of the textures.

I was sure that this was from one of the community chests or congestion 1024 but not so: There were a lot of silver textures and you were in a kind of high-rise, with a spiderdemon at the end. A very "vertical" map. I'm certain it was some kind of megawad where the sectors or linedefs or something were limited.

I've seen videos and heard tell of a Perfect Dark wad for Doom 2, but I can't find it for the life of me. Any ideas?

i am looking for the 10x.wad/mutator that was specifically modified so that it works correctly with brutaldoom

I was already looking around - but all I got was a dead link. If anyone knows where to get the modified version please let me know.

thank you

Okay guys, I think I'm losing my mind. A few months ago I played a great retro mod that I THINK was for Doom, though there's a smidgen of a chance it may have been Duke 3d.

The single player mapset wasn't gigantic, but I remember that the first level was very scripted, with full voice acting and a military base/ tech facility being overrun. Lots of creeping around, watching things go wrong, and very little shooting in that first level. I think there may have been a wintery theme, but nothing like Winters Fury, Assault on Tei tenga, or cold as hell.

Any idea what in the world I played? Am I entirely off my rocker here?

Okay, I have one that I'm looking for.

It was this level but all it was, was the player in this massive car with this song in the playing in the background. If you fell off the car it would say *your name* tried to leave.

Does anyone know what the heck this map is? I have no damn idea what it is.

narcissus said:

Okay guys, I think I'm losing my mind. A few months ago I played a great retro mod that I THINK was for Doom, though there's a smidgen of a chance it may have been Duke 3d.

The single player mapset wasn't gigantic, but I remember that the first level was very scripted, with full voice acting and a military base/ tech facility being overrun. Lots of creeping around, watching things go wrong, and very little shooting in that first level. I think there may have been a wintery theme, but nothing like Winters Fury, Assault on Tei tenga, or cold as hell.

Any idea what in the world I played? Am I entirely off my rocker here?

Only thing that fits some of those requirements I can think of (specifically voice acting, which is really rare) is the second or third episode of The Ultimate Torment and Torture, and I don't think that would really be considered retro.

I think there was an alpha (or possibly beta) release of an unfinished TC that meant to follow the Doom Bible. It mainly interested me due to its HUD designs, particularly the one that recreates the 0.2 alpha's "looking-out-of-the-helmet" design.

As far as I know, the project was originally headed by Sodaholic and later picked up by someone else.

I'm looking for a wad much like Serious Sam, powerful weapons, plenty ammo and health as well as clear progression, progressively tougher enemies in swarms and large areas with clear objectives.

This will be very vague, because I remember very little, and it`s not a WAD either, but I think this thread will do fine

I remember someone here on DW posted a video of a wad he had made. It was ZDoom or GZDoom or something like that. It played out in some hellish environments with some ruins and stuff IIRC. Lots of fire and lava, and it was very atmospheric.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

I'm looking to re-find the very first Ultimate Doom wad I ever played.

The name was pretty silly, involving "Project" and "5", I think it was pretending to be Episode 5. I also think the wad itself was doom5.wad

It had an addon texture pack that also changed several monsters, like Barons into dark bishops from Hexen. These monsters also had custom JDoom models in the files somewhere.

Level setup had a strong continuity, likely responsible for my love of levels that play this way. Level 1 started in your house, and there was a wall of souls/flesh (depending on whether you had the texture pack loaded; It was seemingly designed with two graphic sets in mind, stock graphics and texture pack graphics) encroaching on your doorstep, entering it was the start of levle 2, which was inside this mass. Level 3 was a remake of Hangar, and the secret level was a pac-man level. Another level ended in a chasm you had to leap into, if you werent fast enough getting to the door in the chasm which was the level exit, you'd receive a death exit. Second to last level was mostly a maze of doors, a puzzle level of sorts, and the last was a really fun "bowels of hell" level

It was so good it's left a permanent impression on me, but I have never seen anyone mention it, nor is it in the archives as far as I know.

OK, this one should be easy. I'm looking for axis.wad, it was posted here in the forums by Memfis IIRC, but the link is broken. Anyone?