Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

[Megawad] Back to Saturn X - April Fools! Real E2 pictures on page 9 :)

Telling me posting opinions the cool kids consider trolling will get people I don't want to interact with to ignore me sounds like odd encouragement for me to do so. Which seems weird for someone part of the aforementioned gang, and doubly weird for a mod. It's almost as if you want to get me to reply so someone has enough justification to PH the whole convo as offtopic and trolling, conveniently including the very first post. Paging gggmork to Wads&Mods.

Phml said:

Telling me posting opinions the cool kids consider trolling will get people I don't want to interact with to ignore me sounds like odd encouragement for me to do so. Which seems weird for someone part of the aforementioned gang, and doubly weird for a mod. It's almost as if you want to get me to reply so someone has enough justification to PH the whole convo as offtopic and trolling, conveniently including the very first post. Paging gggmork to Wads&Mods.

If there was a vast esseltyrant conspiracy to banish all BTSX criticism to post hell, it probably would have made more sense to have done it a month ago when the discussion you're talking about actually happened.

Phml said:

It's almost as if you want to get me to reply so someone has enough justification to PH the whole convo as offtopic and trolling, conveniently including the very first post.

on the contrary, mon amour, it's your nonsequitur that was intended to provoke a reaction that would make the "cool kids" look either douchey by "arrogant dismissal" or even oppressive by PHing you. you're telling us your plan to throw us off the trail!

or you just jumped the shark with that "it's all the saaaaame" critique and became irrelevant.

Phml said:

Paging gggmork to Wads&Mods.

The more you post, the more you prove to everyone else that you didn't play the mod.

It's funny how bad you want this to be a message to you personally, in an open thread, on a public forum.

Thought process behind yesterday's post: let's have a good laugh with anyone who might share the opinion to an extent. Being the butt of a joke doesn't make you its targeted audience, even if you happen to be within hearing range when it's told.

I won't say it's not a plus watching you three replying more or less as I called it. Dew has to convince himself I'm not being genuine, calls troll and posts twice about it (seems to make you the guy taking the bait and feeding the bridge dweller). Essel takes a message closing up with a reference to gggmork's conspiracy rants at its face value so much he confuses this convo with an earlier one (talk about going way and beyond expectations).

Csonicgo has to convince himself I've never played BtSX, and on that last one, I don't know, I just don't know... Do you somehow think I spend hours typing posts on wads I don't even play? What would even be the point? It's probably tied together with the whole "we are so important this guy *has* to care about us and wants to attack us" idea or somesuch, which is so ludicrously megalomaniac I don't even know where to start to debunk it.

There's a lot of people in this community alone; a lot of smart people who do great stuff and have no shortage of insight. Let's not even focus on whether you guys happen to fall in that group or not for a second; given the choice between interacting with those I can have fruitful discussions with, or you and, in relation to me and from my perspective, your antagonistic high school bravado, why the fuck would I choose you?

All this talk of relevance and trolling, as if I cared any about the kind of attention any of this might result in. It's precisely because you mean zilch to me I can feel free to get this kind of rant out of my chest in its entirety, not giving a damn how it's received (perhaps there would be a little bit of guilt for the overwhelming majority of readers who aren't dickholes and come here for information on the project, save for this being fixed by pressing pagedown once or twice). Once the tab is closed you stop existing. I wouldn't mind being irrelevant to you. Can't say I care either way, anyway.

Here's a thought experiment: if my posts are supposedly engineered to get a reaction out of you, perhaps not replying to them would be a good idea. Seeing as replying at all makes you the fool in this fancy of yours. "Don't feed the troll" and all that.

Phml said:

Thought process behind yesterday's post: let's have a good laugh with anyone who might share the opinion to an extent.

thank you for proving me right, could've spared yourself the tl;dr crap. now please stop clogging this forum, you're becoming really petty.

Phml said:

Do you somehow think I spend hours typing posts on wads I don't even play? What would even be the point?

That's what we've been asking for a while.

Phml said:

Once the tab is closed you stop existing. I wouldn't mind being irrelevant to you. Can't say I care either way, anyway.

If you didn't care, why the hell did you post? Because your prior walls of text scream otherwise, in my opinion.

Gentlemen. The more time spent on altercation, the less is spent on making E2 happen.

Yours sincerely,
Concerned player

DoomUK said:

Gentlemen. The more time spent on altercation, the less is spent on making E2 happen.

Yours sincerely,
Concerned player

Not to mention E3! :)

BlackFish said:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35983&p=682465#p679282

For those interested, I have updated the BTSX HUD for Samsara and Brutal Doom as well as adding a few new features regarding the bulbs.

http://i.imgur.com/YmIsNCi.jpg - Vanilla
http://imgur.com/CXX2l91 - Samsara
http://imgur.com/tEeNryP - Brutal Doom

It fits perfectly, the only issue I have with it is that it overrides the original BTSX HUD in ZDoom, which I also like to use. The only way for this HUD to possibly improve is to only be the fullscreen HUD and let me toggle between this and the original if I want.

I also can't get it to work at all in Odamex, so I'm let to believe that I'm doing something wrong as a whole.

I apologize. I meant that the HUD is for Zdoom only, as in Vanilla unmodded zdoom. The HUD uses the SBARINFO lump that zdoom uses.

There's an easy way to modify the HUD so that the statusbar plays nice with it, but I figured if you wanted the status bar you'd be not loading th HUD wad.

Well, I feel a bit silly now, downloading it from the ZDoom forum and all. But that's good to know, I normally switch back and forth almost every time I play, so I'll make them hold hands like friends.

Started playing this a week ago or so, I'm onto map 19 (playing without Brutal Doom for first playthrough). Really enjoying it so far, the music is really sweet and the maps look really nice, reminds me of Quake 2.

Thanks to the team for making this, I already got 5 or 6 hours out of it so far :)

Started playing it? OMG Where is this awesomeness? It looks so good! I mean vader, Xaser, and so many other good authors came together to make this! (I cannot move, for I have too much cream in my jeans).

All the links I visit are broke :(

Where can I get this?

Tarnsman said:

I couldn't move because I had too much cream in my jeans. Now I am sinking under, in fear of a watery (or creamy, if you will) grave, because there is just that much cream in, out, and now surrounding my jeans...

LOL okay, all jokes aside, thanks for the link! You would think it would be in the OP, no?

Anyway, when are any further releases? Anyone know?

A 1.0 release of episode 1 with some updates and bugfixes, and the first public beta of episode 2, should be coming in the next month or two or something.

esselfortium said:

first public beta of episode 2, should be coming in the next month or two or something.

D: just hook it up to my veins

esselfortium said:

A 1.0 release of episode 1 with some updates and bugfixes, and the first public beta of episode 2, should be coming in the next month or two or something.

"Or something"? Maybe you can also find time to take the April Fools joke out of the thread's subject line, since it's nearly June now and the joke went over like a lead balloon and all.

I haven't updated the header because there haven't been any updates in the thread.

Stuff is still underway. It's moving, though not as quickly as it could be. I've given more specific timelines in the past and we failed to deliver on them, so I'm not giving one here :P

xAn said:

I am trying to finish map17 for my playthroug of btsx (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF1E2QkyK-FEq-Yh5QoxmRJEP-6gxynal) and i don´t know how to access the secret there (invul). Do i have to use the archvile-attack to get up there?

Help me please...

Spoiler

There's a teleport in the nukage river connected to the overlooking ledge you enter the cyberdemon area from.

Since the first episode was 24 maps and I assume ep2 and 3 won't be tiny, how is the final wad going to be compiled (I probably missed it somewhere in the thread)? Also, is the OP too old to edit (no link to ep1 there)?

Each episode is its own megawad. E2 is MAP01-MAP26 + MAP31, and E3 is a full 32 maps.

And good point, I'll update the OP to add a link to the actual E1 release thread.

Doom_user said:

I found a game breaking bug in 0.99f map 19.

Early in the level you have the choice to go up these stairs to the right

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2208/55817386.png

or through this door to the left

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9375/11893049.png

If you go up the stairs to the right, and use the teleporter that leads to the second part of the map, everything will work correctly.

However, if you go through the door to the left instead, then use the teleporter in the secret area to access the second part of the map, problems will occur much later.

Near the end of the map, if you try to use this teleporter to return to the very beginning of the level

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3445/74640860.png

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/821/12655548.png

You'll be stuck in the ground, unable to escape, because the teleporter at the beginning of the level never lowered.

RottKing said:

Yeah that bug has been found and fixed a few months ago, thanks for reporting it though

esselfortium said:

Thanks for the report. I apologize for how long it's been since the last update -- we're currently trying to get as many issues ironed out as possible, in hopes that the next release (soon, I promise!) will be good and stable.

This bug is still present in the 0.99i9 version of U.S. Mustard Company, only now it happens the other way around.

Whereas the 0.99f version would work if you went right and break if you went left, the 0.99i9 version works if you go left and breaks if you go right.

I don't think they working on it anymore, there haven't been any activity in this thread for a good couple of months.