• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pablogener

DooM 2145 - by Pablo Gener

Introducing...
DooM 2145 - a zDooM mod by Pablo Gener

(cc) 2013

I tried to recreate the spooky and unsettling feeling of the DooM 3 game, in the original DooM 1. This is not a regular 'action/run blind and shoot your momma down' kind of pwad. you need to cool it and walk slowly, soak in it, let it lure you in and grow in you.
I know there may be a bug or two here and there, and somethings may seem utterly awkward, misplaced or flatout wrong, but I'm not a professional game developer and I'm putting my best effort in this. I know some may think that if this is my best effort, I may as well just quit it, but IMHO, I really like the final product.
Criticism is welcome, but bare in mind that the main purpose of this post is so that you guys download the file and DO PLAY the wad and enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it.

a presentation video I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4R9ILOg4yM
a mod could come and insert the video in my post...

The story is this:
Upon arriving at Mars City Research Base, you're instructed by radio to get a yellow security clearance card and head 'downstairs' to an old comm site where a rogue scientist is trying to send out a special transmission, believed to be sensible data to the UAC. When you do find this guy, he tries to explain something to you, but wouldn't finish the line before all hell breaks loose. You try to make your way back to Marine HQ to meet your CO, but along the way you find you're left alone to rot. You set out to find your CO, even if it means going to Hell to meet face-to-face with him again.

a few screenshots:

and last, but not least... the .zip to try the map:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzc6MWmAB9KbSWxNSUFrVUcyVnM/edit?usp=sharing

Hope you guys can download and try, I'm looking forward to comments.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Pablo Gener.

Can't download now, but i'm going to save the link and play it tommorrow, i'll be commenting my opinion! looking forward to it!

If I forget that this is the 96310380439th techbase style project of Doom's history, it's very nice!

Katamori said:

If I forget that this is the 96310380439th techbase style project of Doom's history, it's very nice!

look man, I splattered blood on walls! that has never been done before!! and from the 'techbase' levels you are taken to a hellish-based level! another groundbreaking idea!! :D

pablogener said:

look man, I splattered blood on walls! that has never been done before!! and from the 'techbase' levels you are taken to a hellish-based level! another groundbreaking idea!! :D

Um...what? Assuming you are being sarcastic because both of those things have been done before countless amounts of times. Still, nice looking screenshots!

Well, he did put a smile at the end of that sentence and excessive exclamation marks everywhere so...

Memfis said:

Well, he did put a smile at the end of that sentence and excessive exclamation marks everywhere so...

thanks for getting it... :D :D :D