Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmxexii

Cacowards 2013 nomination thread

DeathevokatioN said:

I'd like to nominate Valkiriforce for mapper of the year for his continued contributions to the Doom community... he's released way over 80 maps (not counting completed maps for projects that have yet to be released) to date and counting, and the majority of them are of very high quality. Hell, it can possibly even be over 100 maps he's designed so far. :P

Uh, so mapper of the year doesn't have to be a mapper of the... year?

My definition of mapper of the year is someone who has contributed a lot to the community and continues to do so. Your unprovoked condescending posts as of recently are causing me to lose a lot of respect for you.

I see. I just think that mapper of the year should do something particularly impressive in that year, otherwise "of the year" seems kind of inappropriate. Not that it's for me to decide.

I guess either way it's debatable. Many of the past cacowards have also referred to an author's previous works. I'm just throwing Valkiriforce's name out because I personally believe he deserves consideration.

Sorry I probably overreacted in the second half of my last post. :P

I think that it is still too early to vote for the mappeur of the year. Many of ambitious wad are in progress, and are probably going to go out to this end of year. I imagine rather Darkreaver, or Xaser mappeur of the year, but it is only suppositions, no votes heh :P

franckFRAG said:

I think that it is still too early to vote for the mappeur of the year. Many of ambitious wad are in progress, and are probably going to go out to this end of year. I imagine rather Darkreaver, or Xaser mappeur of the year, but it is only suppositions, no votes heh :P

Exactly, it's only May fellas settle down :P

franckFRAG said:

oops haha x) it's a french fail :P

More like frenglish.

I'm not sure how to translate mapper. I mean, technically it'd be cartographe... :p

Gez said:

More like frenglish.

I'm not sure how to translate mapper. I mean, technically it'd be cartographe... :p

"Cartographe" gets on very out-of-date in French, we prefer used the franglish "mappeur" word (= mapper in english). The problem it is because if we say "mapper" in French, it is as to say " to make a map", because it is considered as a verb. x)

heh, sorry for the hs x)

Nominating Certain Death by Saliva for best. It's over too soon, but really fun. Also for Mordeth of everything released so far it's no doubt Hadephobia.

Don't forget to add links to your shit, everyone. I'm guessing Certain Death is this and Saliva is Serge Jaeken, but feel free to correct me with an actual link.

That's the correct link. I'll remember to add them though.

Saliva is the forum username of the author.

@ Hurricyclone: +1, like.

@ scalliano: +1, but confuses Risen3D with HRP...

Tried to do a quick browser search (ctrl + F) of the page for it and didn't see it, so if it hasn't been nominated yet, I think Temple of the Lizard Man 3 should be a shoe-in. I have completed the whole thing and it is not only ambitious, it's intuitive and the quality is top-notch, imo.

Doom 2 In Name Only - must be finished before December, and for the idea, it deserves the nomination.

Also, Hellbound - needless to explain, just take a look at that!

Mapper of the Year: gggmork? He contributed in DMP2012, Monochrome Mapping Project and Slaughterfest 2012 maybe?

Katamori said:

Mapper of the Year: gggmork? He contributed in DMP2012, Monochrome Mapping Project and Slaughterfest 2012 maybe?

I agree with this but it will be hard to decide seeing as it's quite early in the year. He always pushes out great maps with creative architecture. Hellbound gets another vote from me along with Stardate 20x6 for the use of purple and excellent gameplay and so does Concerned.