Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

The text file for 4shockblast's Fiffy.wad UV-Max in 2:58 said:

Weird how most of the Fiffy wads have speedruns on the DSDA except for this one

Actually, you can find demos for this WAD here. You might have missed it because Fiffy named all of his zip files starting with a number based on the game it was made for (e.g. "1" for Doom and "2" for Doom II), so the zip files and WAD files don't have the same names. Thus, "1fiffy" on the DSDA is FIFFY.WAD.

This reminds me that I need to finish my Fiffy Doom level campaign at some point. And I think I know where to start...

P.S. I strongly recommend you start linking to the WADs you're recording on. Not every WAD is on idgames/ and not everyone knows how to get to the shovelware discs you can find them on.

The Green Herring said:

Actually, you can find demos for this WAD here. You might have missed it because Fiffy named all of his zip files starting with a number based on the game it was made for (e.g. "1" for Doom and "2" for Doom II), so the zip files and WAD files don't have the same names. Thus, "1fiffy" on the DSDA is FIFFY.WAD.

Thanks, added link to 1fiffy on the DSDA and renamed the demos to fit the convention your demos had on the DSDA for my Fiffy demos.

Here is a funny "trick" we discovered in ZDaemon a few days ago. In Metamorphism there is a room with some S1 exit linedefs which allow you to exit the map without any keys. Probably just a mapping error although I'm not sure how you could do such a thing by accident. (Vorpal?) Anyway, this is just a -nomo demonstration (please don't upload to DSDA) that maybe will inspire someone to do an uv-speed demo. There are no good weapons on the way though so it might be difficult/annoying to do (you have to go through some very cramped rooms with many monsters).

metaexit.zip

Much better hehe :)
But your uv-speed is interesting too I think because it shows a different way to play the map.

Cool caco swarm map Eris, here is my attempt.
btw is it normal if I can't switch to rocket launcher immediately after I run out of cells on this map? No matter how hard I press "5", shotgun always gets selected first.

ra13-114.zip

Yeah I couldn't do it either, though I'm not sure why. Before I added the shotgun, it always used to go to pistol, so I guess it's the numbering order (excluding 1)
Also, before I watch the demo, I'm going to guess by your time (very nice by the way), that you finished exactly on the end of the MIDI :P

EDIT: aha, not quite :P

Impressive demo, and I never thought to soften them up beforehand with the RL. Nicely done :)

Arxangels Map03 UV Speed in 0:31. So much room for improvement, I took far too much damage and mucked up the yellow key switch part, along with, taking too much of a wide turn in order to avoid the pinky.

ax03-031.zip