Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Maps with lots of Revenants?

I am changing some stuff with Revenants on Brutal Doom, and I need to find maps that have large numbers of Revenants to see how these changes will affect gameplay.

Please, no maps like Chillax that pushes 30 Revenants against you and only gives you a shotgun and 50 shells to fight back. I need maps that uses them in fair battles with enough ammo for a Vanilla Doom fight, and/or Revenants used with strategical placement (e.g.: Revenants placed in areas that forces the player to retreat to somewhere else to take cover from its homing rockets, while fighting against bigger foes such as Barons or Mancubi).

Can anyone suggest me some maps like these described above?

Scythe II has some "fuck you, here are some revenants" type of scenarios.

edit: Epic 2 map 27 has one bit with some revs, though idk if it's exactly what you're looking for.

What about Plutonia Experiment and later TNT levels? I believe they toss revenanta at you more.

BloodyAcid said:

Scythe II has some "fuck you, here are some revenants" type of scenarios.

edit: Epic 2 map 27 has one bit with some revs, though idk if it's exactly what you're looking for.

That area is very much inspired by Alien Vendetta Map29, which is also used in Deus Vult Map03 and DVii Map13 I think

Coffee Break's Map 11 (Stalker) comes to mind here. I hated that map due to its excess of Revenant ambushes, so have fun tweaking with them on there!

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Please, no maps like Chillax that pushes 30 Revenants against you and only gives you a shotgun and 50 shells to fight back. I need maps that uses them in fair battles with enough ammo for a Vanilla Doom fight

The thing is that these sorts of encounters usually are fair in their particular setups. They take a higher-than-usual level of skill and probably require infighting (not to mention a decent level of map design), but to say that they are unfair might not be the best way of getting your point across. 30 Revenants in these situations is usually akin to fuck all. Aim higher.

In other words, I'm going to say this right now; don't go excessively fucking with things like this just for your mod, and then complain when MAP09 of Doom II is suddenly a bullshit clusterfuck.

Easy option? Lob two missiles (independent tracking chance) at half damage each. Increase speed and homing ability by about 20%. Don't bother with radius damage. Add all the visual shit you please.

You. . . you actually WANT to be swarmed by those damned things? The stuff of nightmares screaming and shooting endless salvos of homing missiles at you?

Sarge, I figured you were kind of a crazy guy with how Brutal Doom's been turning out, but this is pure insanity, good reason or no. I do remember that a good bunch of the original Plutonia had loads of the bastards, so Plutonia 2/Plutonia Revisited might be good for a look.

I use Oblige, it lets you customize what monsters you want in the wad it generates. I've made all revenant megawads before.

The Revenant & Archvile, err, I mean, Plutonia Experiment from Final Doom.

Shameless self-promotion aside, much of the criticism that Jenesis got was directed at its often-ridiculous revenant count on UV.