Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Eternally Yours Demopack [-complevel 2]

So it was decided that the next choice of wad to receive a demopack will be Eternally Yours - a short 11-level wad by valkiriforce.

Preferable category choice is UV-max, but with increased activity in other categories they can be added as mandatory as well, which would be plausible considering lower density of maps. Due to same reason improving runs is highly encouraged, and after reaching a goal of recording desired demos, there will be at least a month free for any kind of competition. Preferable port of choice for recording should be compatible with behavior of vanilla doom, therefore prboom-plus with complevel 2 is recommended.

Post your demos here, in this thread. Textfile is not needed, unless you really want to, since you'll get to fill out demopack textfile later.
@Andy - Don't add demos from this thread to DSDA.

That should be all, hopefully I haven't forgotten anything. Go forth and record.

Progress:

Uv-Max
Map01 - 4shockblast - 1:57 - download
Map02 - 4shockblast - 5:53 - download
Map03 - 4shockblast - 4:09 - download
Map04 - 4shockblast - 4:40 - download
Map05 - 4shockblast - 8:29 - download
Map08 - vdgg - 11:33 - download
Map09 - blob1024 - 7:35 - download
Map10 - blob1024 - 8:10 - download
Map11 - blob1024 - 7:56 - download

UV-Speed
Map01 - 4shockblast - 0:20 - download
Map02 - kunkun - 1:35 - download
Map04 - 4shockblast - 0:40 - download
Map06 - Memfis - 0:34 - download

UV-Pacifist
Map01 - dew - 0:20 - download

NM-Speed
Map01 - 4shockblast - 0:26 - download

NM100s
Map01 - 4shockblast - 0:37 - download

Alright, all the demos I made so far.
Map 01 UV-Speed in 0:20.
Map 01 UV-Max in 2:02.
Map 02 UV-Max in 5:53.
Map 03 UV-Max in 4:09
Map 04 UV-Speed in 0:46.

I also have a Map 02 UV-Speed in 2:14, but it's a first exit and not very good, so I'm not uploading it yet.

eydemos.zip

i checked briefly last level, but I couldnt understand how to kill the icon. can anybody explain it? oO I pressed all switched and tried to fire from the door lowering, but didnt work

4shockblast said:
Map 04 UV-Speed in 0:46.

It's possible to grab the blue key through the wall in the chaingunner room but I'm not sure if there's any reliable setup for it. It probably wouldn't save that much time anyway though.

blob1024 said:

i checked briefly last level, but I couldnt understand how to kill the icon. can anybody explain it? oO I pressed all switched and tried to fire from the door lowering, but didnt work

You have to press all the switches outside in order to lower columns to a switch inside the central building, and then, the wall in front of the icon will lower, but there are three barons stuck inside there in front of the icon. Once you kill the barons, you can fire at the icon of sin.

kunkun said:

It's possible to grab the blue key through the wall in the chaingunner room but I'm not sure if there's any reliable setup for it. It probably wouldn't save that much time anyway though.

Hmm... didn't think of that for some reason. I'll try it a bit and see if it's worth recording a new run for.

map01 UV-Pacifist in 0:20

this was profoundly, almost mystically frustrating and unfun to do, heh. rng: the game. snaggy corners and fat hyperactive hitscanners everywhere.

ey01p020.zip

Now with a demo, the grab feel surprisingly easy... the rj on the other hand doesn't. Apparently you can't edit in file attachments.

ey04-grab.zip

dew said:

this was profoundly, almost mystically frustrating and unfun to do, heh. rng: the game. snaggy corners and fat hyperactive hitscanners everywhere.

Based on my experience with the first four levels, that level of frustration applies pretty much everywhere.

4shockblast said:

You have to press all the switches outside in order to lower columns to a switch inside the central building, and then, the wall in front of the icon will lower, but there are three barons stuck inside there in front of the icon. Once you kill the barons, you can fire at the icon of sin.

perfect! didnt notice the last secret switch ;)
first ever demo attempt for the map, which was played before only once. considering this the demo should be quite interesting ;) not even sure if its valid but i think I killed everything once, will post a decent demo when i've time and with smart counts OFF. for icon sins I find it better...

map11 in 09:51*

edit: ROFL playing without -fast is so strange now.. lol like in easy mode ;)

ey11-951.zip

blob1024 said:

will post a decent demo when i've time and with smart counts OFF. for icon sins I find it better...

The opposite? I think you meant this is more useful than this in IOS levels...

yea, i dont care if mr john summoned new shits, we need to wipe the "key monsters" once, thats all I need to know here :p

sigh... in map02 it's possible to jump out of the "you saved the solar system" room, but the final area is encircled with an impassible rim, so you'll only fall down into the decor city where you become stuck. a shame, that would've been a lovely exploit and it's just half-treated. :P

dew said:

sigh... in map02 it's possible to jump out of the "you saved the solar system" room, but the final area is encircled with an impassible rim, so you'll only fall down into the decor city where you become stuck. a shame, that would've been a lovely exploit and it's just half-treated. :P

Yeah, I noticed that too... Doesn't seem possible to perform a "fence glide" type trick through the rim either because all the corners are at right angles.

ey
map11 uv-max in 07:56*

after a second exit in 08:52, considering a sub9 a "good" aim, i tried once more and got this. jesus I suck at estimating. I think this is pretty good, give it a look and tell me if i should keep trying.
Ill move from map11 downside till I meet a map already taken probably ;)

ey11-756.zip

oh geez. cant reach the automap in map10, what triggers the access to the teleporter for it? did i miss a switch? cus I check whole map twice entirely
btw whats the sense in megasphere near the end o_o

blob1024 said:

oh geez. cant reach the automap in map10, what triggers the access to the teleporter for it? did i miss a switch? cus I check whole map twice entirely
btw whats the sense in megasphere near the end o_o

Working on this map as well; that's a weird secret. Inside that area, in none of the alcoves at the top, there are two torches inside the wall. The left wall of the left torch has a different texture than the other walls inside the torches; triggering it will lower the teleporter on the other side to the automap. Oh, and there's no point at all to the megasphere.

umh okay! ill look to other maps first then or to your vid before posting ;)

meanwhile
map09 in 09:36**
will improve for sure today

edit: ive check that secret but playing with the torches and running the other side didnt work
edit2: ok worked now

ey09-936.zip

If you feel like doing more TAS runs, maybe try jumping from the first lift on map06 to the main area without taking the key. I think I accidentally almost did it once (already was staying on the ledge but didn't realize that and quit) but I'm not sure.

Map02 speed in 1:35
This level really is something. After getting the yellow key, the narrow corridor with a bunch of teleporting monsters is hilariously random. I managed to do a run where I skipped the plasma rifle.. and it was slower than with it. Yeehaw.

ey02-0135.zip

Memfis said:

If you feel like doing more TAS runs, maybe try jumping from the first lift on map06 to the main area without taking the key. I think I accidentally almost did it once (already was staying on the ledge but didn't realize that and quit) but I'm not sure.

I couldn't do it after a bit of trying, but it still might be possible, perhaps with a perfect corner cut. I don't think it's worth trying to get it to work without TAS, since it wouldn't save that much time and there's still the somewhat difficult rocket jump to perform. I made a TAS of the level where I boost myself with the demon over the edge (though that wouldn't be easy non-TAS either).

ey06x020.zip

Yeah, I think my accidental jump also involved some kind of a boost. Performing it along with a rocket jump at the end is definitely too much for a non-TAS run unless you are dew or something. (he made a sod19 speedrun with like 5 non-trivial tricks in a row)