Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Coffee Break demos [-complevel 9]

map02 uv speed 1:54
using memfis' filename convention this time...!

This mapset is fucking right on, from what I've messed around with so far.

cb02-154.zip

First, welcome to Doomworld! o) Second, who cares if there is a better run? =) I know Daiyu doesn't. I remember he said that he isn't really interested in competition, he just records demos until they are good enough in his opinion. And there is nothing wrong with that, all demos are welcome here...

Memfis said:

First, welcome to Doomworld! o) Second, who cares if there is a better run? =) I know Daiyu doesn't. I remember he said that he isn't really interested in competition, he just records demos until they are good enough in his opinion. And there is nothing wrong with that, all demos are welcome here...

yep, I said this before in the "HIT COMPETITION" of 2002ADO. I know that your demo is better than me, and I have mentioned it in my text file. All I want is a good demo which have a satisfactory time.

Anyway Plut, welcome to Doomworld.

Pack of -nomonsters demos as this seems to have none which is a real shame. Bit of a mix really, as I can't perform glides and map 09 was taunting me with one especially. A lot of them can be improved (bump in map 09 which cost me at least a second right near the end, map 10 could have been done better, bump in map 11 near the end and lack of key grab etc), but I'm proud that I managed to get this started and done today.

EDIT: I may (or may not) improve a few times but they will be beatable as I think I can only knock off a couple of seconds on a few but it's the best I'd be able to do. NOTE TO ANDY: I recorded in the wrong complevel unfortunately (complevel 2 to be precise) but they played back fine for me.

cafebrk1nomo.zip

Map 10: Fort
UV-Max in 6:20 (TAS)

Please note that this is not an optimised TAS run. (I think a top runner would be able to reach this time in a single segment.) I simply found the map too hard to do a competitive run in a reasonable amount of time so I made a simple multi-segmented run without slomo, software or any other tricks, with the idea of posting a cool, natural looking run to my YouTube channel. However, since no demos for this map exist yet, I thought it may be useful to watch. This is a new venture for me however so I don't view this run as competitive.

cafebrk10tas620.zip