Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Compet-N: incoming and discussion, part 2 [post Compet-N entries here]

4shockblast said:

TNT Map 17 UV-Speed in 0:25. First C-N demo, hope I didn't screw anything up.

HUE HUE! Back when I sent the 30s demo, I thought the speedrunning scene was more active, and my record would be crushed in a day or two. It was not the case. I think it was my 2nd demo ever sent :D

Plutonia episode 1 speed in 8:50
Finally managed to get under 9 minutes. Kinda happy with this since my original goal was anything under 10.

0850pl01.zip

Memento Mori map02 max in 2:23.

I uploaded it to incoming, though messed up the time. The little pop-up window said MM:SS was an acceptable format for time, but it didn't assume that's what I wanted. The download link from incoming doesn't seem to work either. I really botched this. :p

mm02-223.zip

NP Drew. Thank you for demo!
Time could be entered in different formats: ex. 2 minutes 16 seconds
2:16
02:16

Anyway, it's not a problem to fix it. Really.

Also, demo is not immediately available for download after you upload it. Script checks for new demos and copies them to right location every 30 mins. Unfortunately I can't make this any faster or better. It's a "protection" for TOP100: http://doom.com.hr/index.php?page=compet-n_download

Gotcha. It's no problem, just making sure I didn't bust it.

All these coop runs are very cool! They allow me to look at the levels I know so well in new, interesting ways. The heretic chicken tricks are especially amusing. :)

Creaphis said:

This one made me laugh.

Indeed. I guess there might well be maps where a void glide, while useless in single-player (since there's no way to reach the exit from that point), could be very useful in some coop categories as a way to reach secrets.

Ultimate Doom E2M2 max in 3:15

Another one second improvement. I used to avoid that if possible but I don't want to get burned out on recording since I am still having fun with it, on occasion.

I need to record some more... I only have one more spare demo before I run out. :p

e2m2-315.zip

You could just jump onto some more relaxed pwads instead of torture with doom, it doesn't really seem too fun to record on anyways. But to each his own. ;)

Some demo I found buried on HD, TNT map 15 tyson in 7:41

et15-741.zip

Vile said:

Ultimate Doom E2M2 max in 3:15

Another one second improvement. I used to avoid that if possible but I don't want to get burned out on recording since I am still having fun with it, on occasion.

I need to record some more... I only have one more spare demo before I run out. :p

cool. a weird map and an introduction to the berserk pack, nice to see that people are still able to improve the iwad times after so many years.
(radek's 3:16 is from june 19, 2003, 10 years ago)

j4rio said:

You could just jump onto some more relaxed pwads instead of torture with doom, it doesn't really seem too fun to record on anyways. But to each his own. ;)

Yeah, I never used to critique what wasn't fun about a particular recording session as much as I do now, there's just some things about different runs that make it less fun than other stuff. That's the only iwad record I've recorded so far but I'll see what else can be done since, even after playing Doom for so long, I don't know all of the max "routes" and how fun they are to play, so there's still experiences to be had.

On a somewhat related note, I tried mm01 max a few times but after reading Adam Hegyi's comments about the teleporter and how unreliable it is, I opted to bail on that one. :p

Sometimes you just gotta know when to quit...

Vile said:

Well this did not feel like a new record while I was recording it but that happens sometimes.

well, the part around 0:43+ where you jumped through a bunch of pigs was brilliant/lucky, so screw imperfections, eh?

dew said:

well, the part around 0:43+ where you jumped through a bunch of pigs was brilliant/lucky, so screw imperfections, eh?

Pretty much. Can't sweat the imperfections anymore. Sometimes good fortune plays into it.

Hell Revealed map02 max in 2:05

Largely unrefined. I haven't played many of the early HR maps in a long time, but actually maxing this one wasn't as fun after a while.

hr02-205.zip