Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenMaw

Comic.wad Updated and Reuploaded.

NOTE: Originally posted July 2, 2013. Updated with new links.

Original post follows:

This is a project I started some time ago. It has sat in a mostly finished state. It's entirely playable, but I figure i'd release it as it for people to play, and enjoy, and then based on what anyone has to say go back and make changes.

Originally the intention behind this wad was to emulate the progression of events in the Doom comic. Though it still does that, and if you look hard enough you can see each scene in the comic is in the level, but it was greatly expanded upon and things changed around a bit.

I built this with Doom Builder and use the zdoom port, but I don't think anything in particular would require zdoom to use it. I didn't use any scripting or anything of that sort. It's just plain ol' vanilla Doom in that regard.

Newish video playthrough:

Working ModDB download link:

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom/downloads/comic/#7164858

Edited by OpenMaw : Links were dead/broken.

Thanks for the hilarious response!

If anybody has any feedback, criticism or finds any bugs, let me know. This is essentially my first map, so I know there is plenty of room for improvement.

Personally I think this should use the Doom 2 IWAD since Doomguy actually used an SSG in the "might makes light" part and if you look at the panels towards the end where he's about to get the BFG you can see a few Doom 2 monsters. Just my opinion tho.

Like "You are HUGE! That means you have HUGE GUTS!"

Patch93 said:

Personally I think this should use the Doom 2 IWAD since Doomguy actually used an SSG in the "might makes light" part and if you look at the panels towards the end where he's about to get the BFG you can see a few Doom 2 monsters. Just my opinion tho.

Hmm... Well, if enough people feel that way I may do a conversion. It would make the final battle 'arena' a little more accurate.