Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang

The new youtube layout sucks!

Everything new sucks, because that's what being over 20 is all about :D
Welcome to adulthood where "in" things make no logical sense.

cannonball said:

Everything new sucks, because that's what being over 20 is all about :D
Welcome to adulthood where "in" things make no logical sense.

Crap. I've got just over 4 years :S

cannonball said:

Everything new sucks, because that's what being over 20 is all about :D Welcome to adulthood where "in" things make no logical sense.

Indeed. And they will start making even less sense to me a year from now when I hit 30.

I'm surprised that people still go apeshit about YouTube frequently changing their designs/layouts and haven't learned to live with it.

Fuzzelbob said:

Why not let us choose which layout from whatever year to use? It might make some sense.

This.

By the way, Cracked.com changed their layout just some time ago too. I'm gonna miss that nice red banner goddamnit.

MFG38 said:

I'm surprised that people still go apeshit about YouTube frequently changing their designs/layouts and haven't learned to live with it.

I pretty much stopped using it instead, with the only exception of digging up some buried music. Most of major changes since 2010 were just bringing hospitability of youtube downhill.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Actually I still like the old 2011 layout. You can change colours of your channel, your picture can be shown in the whole page too!

Damn straight!

Hurricyclone said:

By the way, Cracked.com changed their layout just some time ago too. I'm gonna miss that nice red banner goddamnit.

People visit that soapbox?

The best channel layouts are those of 2007-2008, then, from 2010 to now is shit, but the worst channel layout i've seen is the most recent, [IMO] it doesn't look like a personal chanell now [/IMO]

The worst thing is the shit on the side on channel pages. Why the fuck is my page lumbered with links to spastic tossers and unfunny cunts like 'Sm*sh' and 'Am*z*ngPh*l' (even I have my limits with bad language)? It's unrelated to anything I upload or watch. I don't want any part of my channel to promote these 'popular' shitbags. I'm not interested in watching or subscribing to this bottom-of-the-barrel, lowest common denominator fuckery.

YouTube's bugs are what really take the cake, though. I find myself getting pissed everytime a video randomly switches from 360p to 144p without me even doing anything.

MFG38 said:

YouTube's bugs are what really take the cake, though. I find myself getting pissed everytime a video randomly switches from 360p to 144p without me even doing anything.

What's most annoying is the seemingly unnecessary need for the whole video to reload when you fast-forward/rewind even by a second. Especially when you've loaded the whole video already.

Maybe the new layout was a front for Youtube to spam more popular channels that make Google more money into completely unrelated channels to earn Google some more $/€/£ without even trying, I have never seen related videos contain this much shit since my friend put on 2 girls 1 cup.

Rayzik said:

What's most annoying is the seemingly unnecessary need for the whole video to reload when you fast-forward/rewind even by a second. Especially when you've loaded the whole video already.

Oh I REALLY hate that man.

MFG38 said:

That happens to me, too. I thought it was due to my flash being so out of date.

MFG38 said:

Nope, wrong answer. Give a web "designer" an inch and he'll take a mile. Thank goodness for cclive.

Technician said:

People visit that soapbox?

It was so much better back when they didn't think they could tell you how to be a better person.

So they are asking primitive masses (who are the most of youtube users, which is reflected by many stupid comments) how to turn half-decent website into total garbage?

humans will ruin anything to just earn a bit more of money

Good news! You know that popular channels garbage? You can disable it by hovering near the section and a magical button will appear, how fucking cryptic! Then you get this warning:

'Not showing this prevents your channel from being recommended across YouTube on other channel pages,'

lolwat :>