Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nicolas monti

WR teleport only monsters not working on vanilla

When I use doombuilder I set doom configuration, but when I test my maps on doom.exe some linedef actions seem not to work (eg: 126 WR teleport monsters only or some W1 door open fast). Is there a way to make them work or there is an available list of linedef actions which do not work on vanilla?

It's simple. You are running it with shareware Doom. Shareware Doom was released in 1993. Some additional linedef actions appeared in Doom 2 and later Ultimate Doom. What you are looking for is full version of Ultimate Doom (version 1.9), or a sourceport that allows you to use shareware Doom as an IWAD, but acts like the 1.9 version. You don't have to care about players who don't own full version when designing your maps. Also note that Chocolate Doom is actually exactly like vanilla Doom, so for testing and bug-finding purposes, you can use it without worrying that you may miss some bugs.

If he were running it with Shareware Doom, he would not be able to load his file at all.

scifista42 said:

It's simple. You are running it with shareware Doom. Shareware Doom was released in 1993. Some additional linedef actions appeared in Doom 2 and later Ultimate Doom. What you are looking for is full version of Ultimate Doom (version 1.9), or a sourceport that allows you to use shareware Doom as an IWAD, but acts like the 1.9 version. You don't have to care about players who don't own full version when designing your maps. Also note that Chocolate Doom is actually exactly like vanilla Doom, so for testing and bug-finding purposes, you can use it without worrying that you may miss some bugs.

I see, the issue is that I don't know how to load wads with chocolate doom, (don't know how to imput the commands because the program forbids me to be open from dosbox) so I'm testing my map with doom.exe on dosbox which allows me to input the command -file ***.wad. I've loaded the map using the ultimate doom Iwad and the linedef still doesn't work, disturbing the gameplay drammatically as a result.
Maybe this is a minor issue since almost every maptester I run into uses prboom+.

Not Ultimate Doom IWAD, you need Ultimate Doom version of the .exe.

Also running PWADs with Chocolate Doom is simple and I described it in your thread, just put that text I gave you in a text file, then change its file extension to .bat and double click it, and Choco should run your PWAD.

scifista42 said:

Not Ultimate Doom IWAD, you need Ultimate Doom version of the .exe.

Also running PWADs with Chocolate Doom is simple and I described it in your thread, just put that text I gave you in a text file, then change its file extension to .bat and double click it, and Choco should run your PWAD.

Yes, the old .exe version, I thought about it too. Thanks, I'll do it with chocolate doom!

Edit:
Done! it works perfectly with chocolate doom, no bugs, thanks again!