Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

DOOM 3 BFG telling me I have console when I don't

I'm 5+ hours into Doom 3 playing and it suddenly tells me that Steam achievements aren't allowed because the console is enabled. Yet the console is not enabled. Is there any way to re-enable achievements? Or is there something I'm doing that enables achievements? There were plenty of achievements before this warning.

Most people are not aware of that they got the console available because it's by defult pulled down by a three button keypress in Doom3 (CTRL+ALT+Tilde) unlike in other Id Tech games where it's simply pulled down by hitting the "tilde" key.

BFG Edition has a console? I was mislead to thinking they'd disabled it!

You're getting confused with DNF. That has the console disabled which can be restored with the use of a patch. BFG still has a console.

Springy said:

You're getting confused with DNF. That has the console disabled which can be restored with the use of a patch. BFG still has a console.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't. I was just somehow automatically assuming that with some of the other changes they made, you know...

Same happened to me after i took a screenshot.. i had to go back and open a savegame from before the screenshot to get achivements again.

This is a glitch in the Steam client, according to some people who ought to know. Apparently it thinks taking a screenshot is some kind of attempt to manipulate the game.

Ha yeah I just found that out and I was coming here to tell yall. Its the screen shot.