Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Gamespot Doom 3 Impressions

Gamespot has posted a meaty two-page article describing the behind-closed-doors Doom III demo which is currently setting tongues to wagging at E3. The piece goes into pretty excruciating detail about what transpires in the eleven-minute movie, and gives away some spoilers as well.

There's tremendous detail in the environments, even though all the environments we saw consisted of industrial-looking corridors and offices and high-tech equipment and research stations. Clearly the facility had been stricken by a cataclysm. Emergency lighting is all that prevented utter darkness, and swinging light fixtures cast incredibly realistic-looking real-time shadows all about. The environments looked very creepy and very real, despite the science-fiction theme.

After a wretched three-hour wait I got to feast my eyes upon Doom 3 today as well, and I'll be writing up something about it as soon as I can collect my thoughts.

Demo? Hmmmm...I just got done downloading Doom 3 Legacy movie, what's this demo video like?

LINK IT THEN!!!! And I'm not talking about the last link you put up, which was the in fact the 7 minute one (already got that one).

Weedster said:

LINK IT THEN!!!! And I'm not talking about the last link you put up, which was the in fact the 7 minute one (already got that one).

Don't you think I would if it was available?

The second o in my sig is the link to the 11 minute video, according to people in #zdoom

bigbadgangsta said:

The second o in my sig is the link to the 11 minute video, according to people in #zdoom

No, that's the 7 min one

Linguica said:

Don't you think I would if it was available?

I was talking to BBG...but now I know the sad truth....WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

*sniff*...Life goes on....

You can see the video, you just need to drag your ass to E3, that's all....

It's not a video, it's a demo. As in, something that is rendered in real time. id software has a high tech PC at their booth that shows some gameplay elements of Doom III, using the camera system and all. At least, that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Arno said:

It's not a video, it's a demo. As in, something that is rendered in real time. id software has a high tech PC at their booth that shows some gameplay elements of Doom III, using the camera system and all. At least, that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We're speaking of the video of the demo :P

Fredrik said:

We're speaking of the video of the demo :P

I doubt it exists. It will probably give too much info about the game away.

Arno said:

I doubt it exists. It will probably give too much info about the game away.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I still want to see it.