Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

All SLIGE'd Up: The Sequel! Join us!

Okay so: are we modifying the maps of one SLIGE megaWAD? Or everyone is allowed to choose maps from a daily megaWAD whatever he wants??

Because in the first case, I think I'm gonna download today's daily megaWAD, upload it to my Dropbox and share the link here to make it available even after 1st of August.

Also, for all the volunteers: please subscribe to this thread to know immediately when something new is happening here!

Memfis is added to volunteers, but I'm not sure that whether we wants it or not. Hey pal, if you want to do something, just send me and I'll show that to Impboy! If he's gonna dislike it, just upload like your other 1-2 map masterpieces! ;)

If everyone did the same daily megawad, there wouldn't be as much variety. Having diffrent daily megawads helps add that variety. For example, someone might have one megawad generated a few days ago, another might have one generated yesterday, and another would have one generated today.

I agree with Dragonsbrethren, but I had to ask. Thanks for answering anyway.

Also, because it seems that I can't communicate with Impboy directly (he doesn't use Facebook, I don't use Skype), in the future he may do a new thread for the projects. It's up to him.

I've run into a couple of problems already.

The map I've chosen has a ceiling called SLITE1. This particular texture doesn't exist in any of the wads I have loaded as resources (doom.wad, doom1.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad, and tnt.wad). Also, when I want to test the map, I get the following error:

W_AddFile: couldn't open C:\PrBoom Plus\prboom-plus-2.5.13/.wad

I'm stumped as to what to do to fix these.

Dagger147 said:

I've run into a couple of problems already.

The map I've chosen has a ceiling called SLITE1. This particular texture doesn't exist in any of the wads I have loaded as resources (doom.wad, doom1.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad, and tnt.wad). Also, when I want to test the map, I get the following error:

I'm stumped as to what to do to fix these.

I believe SLITE1 is one of the new textures SLIGE uses. Replace it with one of the TLITE textures and you'll be fine.

Impboy4 said:

I believe SLITE1 is one of the new textures SLIGE uses. Replace it with one of the TLITE textures and you'll be fine.

Thanks. That takes care of one of the problems. Now I just can't get the damn map to run.

Dagger147 said:

Thanks. That takes care of one of the problems. Now I just can't get the damn map to run.

It says .wad at the end; do you have a filename before the extention?

Impboy4 said:

It says .wad at the end; do you have a filename before the extention?

I figured I'd save it before trying again. I'm able to get into PrBoom, but instead of running my map it runs the first map from Doom.

GreyGhost sent me a copy of Ultimate Doom on Steam, so I'm back in the game. :)

Also, why do all the SLIGE maps have at least one Dead Lost Soul at the start? Heheh.

It serves as a "watermark", along with the S-ceiling in the start room. It's to discourage people from uploading these maps and claiming them as their own work.

BTW, there's a lot more to SLIGE than whatever defaults it spews out. It has command-line parameters to affect number of rooms, minimum light (I usually set that to 112, otherwise some maps get too dark), which IWAD to generate maps for, how tough monsters should be, etc. You can also create texture themes.

Dagger147 said:

Also, when I want to test the map, I get the following error:

For maps started from scratch, I've found it pays to save before testing with PrBoom+.

I'm able to get into PrBoom, but instead of running my map it runs the first map from Doom.

If you're not trying to run it with the wrong IWAD or map slot, I'd suggest posting the wad for examination.

chesse20 said:

do the enemys have to be vannila
id like to throw a few bee traps here and there

Custom enemies aren't all that practical in a Boom-based project, since they're done in DeHacked and the other contributors would need to agree on what's being replaced, otherwise they'll find themselves with bee traps where they don't want them.

p.s also i think the rock just raised his eyebrow at me

I think he likes you.

GreyGhost said:

For maps started from scratch, I've found it pays to save before testing with PrBoom+.

If you're not trying to run it with the wrong IWAD or map slot, I'd suggest posting the wad for examination.

Thanks.

I think I'm just going to use ZDoom to test and hope that it'll run in Boom also.

Please don't do that, this is a Boom compatible wad. Set your Boom resources in Doom Builder to doom.wad. For testing, add prboom-plus as your port and check customize parameters so you can add -complevel 9 to the end. As long as you save your map first, it will work.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Please don't do that, this is a Boom compatible wad. Set your Boom resources in Doom Builder to doom.wad. For testing, add prboom-plus as your port and check customize parameters so you can add -complevel 9 to the end. As long as you save your map first, it will work.

Did everything that you said. Still not working right.

I guess I'm just going to drop out of this endeavor. Sorry guys.

Dragonsbrethren said:

What do you mean by "not working right"? What does the full command line under testing look like?

-iwad "%WP" -skill "%S" -file "%AP" "%F" -warp %L1 %L2 %NM -complevel 9

No, not that. The result box under that, it should show something like this:

-iwad "C:\DOOM\WADs\IWADs\DOOM.WAD" -skill "4" -file "C:\Users\Dragonsbrethren\Documents\DOOM\slige\730-map08.wad" "C:\Users\Dragonsbrethren\AppData\Local\Temp\2m3unx0w\tctmqe2y.wad" -warp 1 1  -complevel 9
Particularly, I'm wondering if there's something in the paths that might be throwing prboom-plus off. You can always try the MSDOS paths checkbox and see if that helps.

Dragonsbrethren said:

No, not that. The result box under that, it should show something like this:

-iwad "C:\DOOM\WADs\IWADs\DOOM.WAD" -skill "4" -file "C:\Users\Dragonsbrethren\Documents\DOOM\slige\730-map08.wad" "C:\Users\Dragonsbrethren\AppData\Local\Temp\2m3unx0w\tctmqe2y.wad" -warp 1 1  -complevel 9
Particularly, I'm wondering if there's something in the paths that might be throwing prboom-plus off. You can always try the MSDOS paths checkbox and see if that helps.

This is what it has:

-iwad "C:\PrBoom Plus\prboom-plus-2.5.1.3\doom.wad" -skill "1" -file "C:\PrBoom Plus\prboom-plus-2.5.1.3\test1.wad" "C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\bhx7uyug\33hh9apn.wad" -warp 1 -nomonsters -complevel 9

What slot is your map in? The -warp parameter should have two digits for Doom. -warp 1 will take you to E1M1. You didn't accidentally put it in a MAPxx slot, did you? Change that to EyMx through Edit > Map Options if you did.

AlektorophobiA said:

Can i still join to the project?, or there are enough maps already?

You are allowed to join on any days between today and February. But you also have to finish your map within this time.

I added you.

Dragonsbrethren said:

What slot is your map in? The -warp parameter should have two digits for Doom. -warp 1 will take you to E1M1. You didn't accidentally put it in a MAPxx slot, did you? Change that to EyMx through Edit > Map Options if you did.

OK. Got it to work. I have no idea what the problem was. Thanks for the assistance.

The first 1/2-2/3 of my map is done-ish, kind of put it off to the side since the deadline is so far away still, but I should probably get back to it so I can start another.

Count me in as I think this could be a laugh! I'm going to use today's (18/09/13) megawad and i'll be bashing out MAP11 & MAP24 from that megawad. Not sure where I'll want to fit them in yet, perhaps E1Mx & E4mx.

I'm still working on my map for Slaughterfest 2013, so I'll fit this one in around that.

Dave

Hi folks!

I see there's been a massive amount going on since I signed up!!!

Anyway.... I thought I'd give a quick update on where I am with this one.

asu-map11 by Phendrena, on Flickr

This, as you can see, is a side by side comparison of the SLIGE map and my version of the map. I haven't populated mine yet or added secrets/traps (I hope i'm doing this right btw!!!!)

Dave