Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Super heros?

That would've been Batman when the movie came out (black clothes, cool equipment and he kicks a lot of ass), but I've since lost my interest in super heroes - the whole concept of "super heroes" seems too cheesy imho. So I don't really have any favorite super heroes anymore.

hmmm, thats ME imwo...

*me wears of the red cloak with the huge W on the back... yeah and those leather thing too...

dsm said:

That would've been Batman when the movie came out (black clothes, cool equipment and he kicks a lot of ass), but I've since lost my interest in super heroes - the whole concept of "super heroes" seems too cheesy imho. So I don't really have any favorite super heroes anymore.

Weedster = Clone of dsm

Lobo, The Main Man. The baddest Bastich in the whole friggin Cosmos.

Or Wolverine, either way.

Weedster said:

Weedster = Clone of dsm

Except that I don't smoke weed and I HATE that avatar of yours (among a few other avatars).

dsm said:

same reason why I don't want to see the spiderman movie. It's just cheesy, and from what I heard that movie was just "good" and nothing spectacular.

dsm said:

Except that I don't smoke weed...

Well, neither do I ;) It's just a catchy name.

Archvile64 said:

Now how could anyone possible hate orangcard? :P

I had to live through a fucking period where just about every fucking member had that ugly woman as an avatar - made me damn paranoid.

I just kinda am naturaly paranoid.

Anyway, my favorite comic book hero? Not really sure. Spider-Man was always cool, because he had some kick ass powers and his alter-ego is real easy for me to relate to (especialy in the movie).

Also, I liked Chamber from Generation X. He was just that scarred creepy dude with the FUCKING ENERGY EMINATING FROM HIS CHEST. Anyway, he was just damn cool looking, and had a british accent to boot.

My favorite all-time villain would have to be Doom, just because he's so fucking badass.

Actualy, all the coolest characters I can remember came from the theoretical 'Amalgam' universe. Hehe...good times.

spiderman, venom, wolferine, cyclops, the new batman, iceman, superman......etc

why? love their powers, abilities, costumes, characteristics,...almost everything about them

wolverine, lobo, preacher from vertigo comics, and ghost rider are my faves. got a ton of other I like, but time and memory don't allow.

Insomniac said:

Green Lantern...need I say more?

Yes...explain why you are such a sorry sod...;)

Spawn - yes, the movie sucked, and Todd McFarlane may be a naff penciller... but when Greg Capullo came along that comic became a classic.

Probably Batman. More than anything else, he's smart. He's a detective with alot of money, pretty much. So he's always getting his ass handed to him by ninjas why all the other super heros unrealistically are able to beat up all powerful universe destroying villans. Plus, the animation and artwork for the batman cartoons kicked ass.

JavaGuy said:

Probably Batman. More than anything else, he's smart. He's a detective with alot of money, pretty much. So he's always getting his ass handed to him by ninjas why all the other super heros unrealistically are able to beat up all powerful universe destroying villans. Plus, the animation and artwork for the batman cartoons kicked ass.

Uhh, what are YOU talking about?
In the movies (at least the first two - haven't seen the last two) HE'S the one who handles the villains' asses to themselves - that's why the movie Batman rox and the comic batman sux.
Why do people want the heroes to have their asses kicked? Don't they experience enough injustice in real life for crying out loud!?

Batman is realistic. He could actualy exist. Thats what makes him so cool.

the_Danarchist said:

Batman is realistic. He could actualy exist. Thats what makes him so cool.

"Could" exist? Are you hinting that you doubt the existence of Batman?!

Insomniac said:

Bah...Batman had no super powers

And that's exactly what makes him so great - no cheesy super powers. He's kinda like the Doomguy - a great human warrior, only he's dressed like a humanoid bat and has lots of high tech equipment to back him up.
And better still: He's a man of few words like a real hero SHOULD be.

You're saying the Doomguy doesn't have super powers?

Consider that he:

- Can run at 100+ km/h

- Can fall from infinite heights without taking damage

- Can take 10 bullet impacts (this is probably not entirely due to his armor - try a multiplayer game and shoot only at the arms)

- Can hold 100 rockets in his backpack

etc etc