Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Slaughterfest 2012 - NEW Final Final Version is up

j4rio said:

hopefully Ribbiks will forgive me someday.

maybe :)

I'm taking the plunge, uploading wad tonight (after integrating map15,18 changes, and scanning txt one last time for typos). Hopefully any remaining grievances are minor enough that they aren't a big deal, it certainly beats exhausting every letter of the alphabet in incremental updates :p

rofl @ first comment, one of y'all put that there already?

also my apologies to GRB, who PM'd me his author info for the text-file literally 5 minutes after I had uploaded it to the archive. If it's a simple process, could upload a revised .txt

Been like a year already. :p Fortunately Ty is an unreasonable toot so it's staying like that for an eternity, or at least until Ty goes to heaven and somebody more competent gets a hold of archive.

Don't forgot about building reject tables ;)

Who said Ty is going to heaven with the atrocities committed on the archives :o

fffff yeah I neglected to build a reject table for 30 after making a few quick fixes.

I wonder if the presence of a reject lump affects demo compatibility, on the offchance it doesn't I'd be happy to send you a 'smoother' version of the wad, ggg. I'll test it and see.

If it does catastrophically break things then maybe I could suck it up and re-upload to /idgames, along with adding GRBs info to the .txt

and could someone point out this slaughterstein typo? I recall it was listed as "slaughtenstein" in the maplist, which j4 pointed out and I corrected, but did I miss something else?

Ribbiks said:

k, but wheretf is this typo o.O, I'm feeling stupid here

Slaughtenstein, not slaughterstein as TOD wrote, Slaughtenstein was the name quoted in the OP so I assume that's the correct one.

Well, it certainly deserves the five I gave it. The levels are absolutely gorgeous. :P I cannot wait for SF2013 and I'm glad this one is finally released.

Bloodite Krypto said:

Who said Ty is going to heaven with the atrocities committed on the archives :o

It was just a question of time to exploit quirks of idgames and turn them to cesspool.
Oh well, it turns out Gemini's textfiles proved to be holding hidden truth for all those years.

ahh ok, thx cb.

I stopped noticing the absence of reject after upgrading compy, my apologies for the inconvenience -.-

will update tonight.

ffs, so apparently /idgames doesn't like utf-8? It displays garbage for the weird apostrophes that processingcontrol used (’ instead of the normal '), and also for the characters with umlauts in danne's map08 comments. That's kind of annoying

Apparently it messed signs that are shown on idgames, but textfile itself is perfectly fine. Bump thread when idgames version gets updated.

Now just to kick Belial into doing /newstuff... :p

yah I re-uploaded it:

- .txt typos + GRB info
- 28 and 30 now have reject tables

Not sure if the idgames link will stay the same, or if it'll get reassigned or something. I'll keep an eye out for it

I like how silent midis in final version somehow became... non silent. :P

Good Sirs, it has recently been brought to my attention that this esteemed mastery of Wad Editing composition has recently been ushered out to drooling worldwide fans of prestigious fanaticism, in hopes of besting this considerable monstrosity. Unfortunately it would appear that not every particular offering has been acutely favoured for the likes of merry mad cooperative Vikings bumbling and tumbling their way through hordes of Pink Marshmallows and Flying Raspberries.

If we could direct your attention to Exhibit A

MAP13 - Unleash the Fire

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/StarScream_01/Screenshot_Doom_20130814_183626_zpsd9b863e0.png

Their doesn't appear to be any conceivable way to escaping this damned room holding the Plasma and BFG. If one player exits after the Mastermind/Caco Invasion the other is hopelessly lost to forever curse the wad author's apparent reputable ability for coop compatibility.

Exhibit B

MAP15 - Doomherolandia

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/StarScream_01/Screenshot_Doom_20130814_193322_zpsd4b7467e.png

Map's broken from this point onwards, nuff said xD

Now it could very well be I have overlooked something from these two examples but upon considerable inspection they both appear to fall short of the requirements.

Apparently that generalized boom action in 15 doesn't like mp port you used for some reason. It does work in prb+. I'm quite sure I've seen it work in zd as well.

PRBoom+ is not multiplayer friendly silly. That MP Port? Skulltag/Zandroum is far more advanced then ZDaemon where technicality and the engine is concerned so it's unacceptable if it wasn't play tested in that port.

Yeah, it was tested just in zd. I couldn't bother running through it in zandrozum, shame on me. :(

Also, inescapable part from 13 could be another voodoo thingie going haywire in zandro. There's no way something like that would go unnoticed.

Well, you could complain to zandro masters to fix their port. :p

E: Gave it another look. In 13 there are quite a few linedefs placed straight on ground which could have been otherwise placed in voodoo dummy room. Try playing this again whether it happens. I suspect you have just skipped linedef. If it happens always then I'm out of ideas. 15 probably won't work no matter what without completely redoing that voodoo sequence, that generalized floor raise with crushing property is apparently causing trouble. No idea.

Congratorilations! This is miles better then SF2011 both in design, quality and gameplay. Except for maybe 19 and 31 lul, Castle Lava could use colour labelled doors to prevent confusion for future TOD incarnations.

What the hell was Ribbiks thinking with the 2x2 square box AV/Rev rape on 03, so cruel.

Cannonball has come a long way with his epic Techno maps :D

j4rio said:

Well, you could complain to zandro masters to fix their port. :p

Good idea.

I have a bad habit of not considering multiplayer in my maps...

Plus, I don't really like that map the way it was made. I was very new to mapping, and the organization and logic of the map was rather crude.

Oh well, that was over a year ago anyways.