Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Razor Beamer

GZDoom incompatible with Win7

Before when I had WinXP GZDoom would run perfectly, since I switched to Win7 GZDoom has a resolution problem.

It says: : "Not Optimum Mode, Reccomended Mode 1440x900 60Hz" (And I dont have this resolution on my computer).

Any help would be appreciated

Razor Beamer said:

Before when I had WinXP GZDoom would run perfectly, since I switched to Win7 GZDoom has a resolution problem.

It says: : "Not Optimum Mode, Reccomended Mode 1440x900 60Hz" (And I dont have this resolution on my computer).

Any help would be appreciated

That message usually means you're running in a resolution other than your LCD monitor's native resolution. Figure out what your native resolution is, and set GZDoom to use it. That will give best results.

I'm pretty sure Graf uses Windows 7. I know I do. GZDoom works fine for me.

Well, I've run GZDoom on Vista, 7, and 8, so I know it's compatible with the OS. The only things I can think of are that there's something wrong with your GZDoom config file or there's a problem with your setup (incompatible video card/driver or something). I'm no expert on troubleshooting or anything, so I could be completely wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not the OS itself.

Ive already downloaded fresh GZDoom files without changing anything and still i can't play it. Do I need a new VGA cable or something?

Try running it in a window. This sounds like trying to fullscreen a strange resolution that your graphics card doesn't like. If that works, it narrows down the root issue.

When you say you have Win 7, do you mean you got a new computer or upgraded from one? Either way, do you have proper graphics drivers installed?