Find results in...
Liam

HD or RAM

HD space, RAM, neither  

9 members have voted

1. 1. HD space, RAM, neither

• GO FOR TEH BIGGAR HARD DRIVE LAIM!!1~
    • The RAM. Now.
    • Save up and buy what you need when you\'re sure you need it.

Alrighty, here's the deal. In a few weeks I'll be getting Windows XP Pro for a graduation present. With the money I already have I figure I'll install either a second 20-25 GB HD or a 128 MB RAM upgrade while I'm at it.

I currently have 18.6 total gigs of HD space and 128 megs of RAM. On one hand, I plan on storing much more in the way of software and especially music after I upgrade. On the other hand, I'm learning to use MAX and am already an avid (well kinda) Photoshop user, and I like to multitask at that.

I'll get to both eventually but the question is which first, or if I should just save what money I have and go for bigger hardware later on.

BTW it doesn't matter how much money I have, I'm not 100 percent sure myself oddly, I just know it's enough =)

Tell us your HD's rpm. But I'm pretty sure is faster than mine so yeah, go for teh ram.

I can't see what you'd be getting that would take up 18 gig, so just go for the ram, then maybe buy a hard drive upgrade later.

Either way, I hate you. I want a good computer :P

Although, I am slowly convincing my parents to get me my own laptop (a really good one) for my birthday/christmas.

8th grade, Graduating middle

Don't ask why I get this kind of shit for graduating middle, I don't know but I'm not complaining

Zal: Not 100% sure, and I'm not 100% sure how to find out either since looking at the drive's properties doesn't tell me.