Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Capellan

100 lines (final link now active)

Capellan said:

Also, I have tweaked Non-Trad map31 in the compiled mod. Fiddled with sector 9 so as to put a secret exit in there.

Oh no you di'n't:

TimeOfDeath said:

Capellan, feel free to add difficulty settings to my maps. As long as UV is left untouched (along with sectors/lines/vertices), I don't care what happens on the other difficulties.

TimeOfDeath also said:

If my 2nd map is going to be map31 (100todD2M1), maybe you could give linedef 95 and 96 the secret exit action (and leave the romero head for normal exit)?

Here's 100lineN map31 with secret exit added with your difficulty settings: 100todD2M1FINAL.zip

Also, in the txt file for map17 and 31 my name should be TimeOfDeath with the "o" capitalized. Also, map17 map name is "Stares". Yes, I know how to spell stairs.

Heh, I just realised (since I skipped them) that; when playing the secret levels in 100lineN.wad; there are two of my levels back-to-back. Arguably the most chaotic then least chaotic.

That's neat. :)

Capellan said:

Updated text file. Complaints or comments?

You missed my, admittedly awful, map name! (see my previous post, on the last page)

Added durian's map name to the text file (reflected above, as well).

Anyone with a scrap of artistic ability want to take a shot at making a titlepic?

Capellan said:

Anyone with a scrap of artistic ability want to take a shot at making a titlepic?

Two questions: what are you after and for when?

Can't guarantee it won't be a cutesy cartoon like 900 Deep though. :P

(Nah, I'm kidding about that. Been hankering for an excuse to draw something Doomy)

Jayextee said:

Two questions: what are you after and for when?

1. Something that is not the Doom 2 titlepic ;) (though I think something pretty minimalist would work well, what with the theme of the wad)

2. Before August 14th

Take the hell skulls backdrop. Draw in outlines only "DOOM2" and then under it "MAPS WITH 100 LINEDEFS OR LE" with that "E" in less only half drawn to imply we ran out :0)

One of the biggest challenges with the titlepic is that it has to be sized at 320x200, but still look decent at full screen. That's not easy.

I had thought of just having a plain white screen with a bar code at the bottom and "100 LINES" at the top, but even that is tough to make look OK.

Capellan said:

One of the biggest challenges with the titlepic is that it has to be sized at 320x200, but still look decent at full screen. That's not easy.

I think it's not that hard, if you1re good at designing. You make a 640x400 (or bigger with the same ratio) picture in BMP format and "press" it to 320x200. If you don't use such small detail in the pic, it works.

Katamori said:

I think it's not that hard, if you1re good at designing.

That's a pretty big "if", though :)

Capellan said:

That's a pretty big "if", though :)

Of course, but resizing and format swapping is quite easy, so you can make even a randomly chosen album cover for TITLEPIC.

Well, if we're all pitching in with things that took about five minutes to produce...

Or, do I draw up something of a reasonable quality?

I don't even

Could've at least had the decency to strip the yellow 'boxes' from the text. Did you use DoomWord, or just rip if from my image? ;)

Jayextee said:

Well, if we're all pitching in with things that took about five minutes to produce...

Well, Chacho the Happy Caco is the best option so far :)

Capellan said:

Well, Chacho the Happy Caco is the best option so far :)

Doomguys rabbit is also lovely.

Em.

I fixed up all my maps and popped them in a zip for your viewing pleasure. Also, quick idea for the TITLEPIC: maybe a Doom monster drawn in linedefs? I dunno.

Cacatou's was kinda like what I was thinking but needs a backdrop I think. I'll have a go as well this w/e.

Here is the best my amatuer hour can come up with (actually I think I'm punching above my weight TBH *L*)

hah, those are great travers. I think the 2nd would look best, otherwise there'd be M_DOOM over M_DOOM weirdness

Bump because we're a day before the target release date. Is everything in readiness?

Also if Traversd's excellent imagery is used for the title, I can take the happy Caco and make a CREDIT screen for both wads with the author names down the side?