Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MotorWülf

Your Midi / Community Music

Hello DoomWorld. I'm a long-time doomer, but newcomer to the online communities.

I'm making this thread because I've heard a lot of music from other games in various Doom wads.

Do you guys often try to add custom/non-doom midi music to your maps/mods?
Do you make your own with tuxguitar/guitar pro?

Would you be interested in a community free-to-use midi resource for modders/mappers? Does one already exist?

I have a handful of midi tracks and definitely wouldn't care if you used em for maps. If anyone else who makes midis doesn't care who uses their tracks, we can set up a resource for the folks that don't make their own and don't wanna rip off ROTT or just use the standard songs again.

Note:
I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of high quality music packs or real metal songs in standard Doom. It can work for mods/total conversions, but for vanilla style levels, I think it's pretty off-putting.

THE SONGS:
---------------------------------
My tracks:
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/95wphy43diz0r/Midi

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS FORUM HAS COLLAPSIBLE SPOILER TAGS!

Metal

//Most of this is going to be heavy metal that's somewhere around Motorhead, Venom, etc.
MW_DANGERSLUT.mid
MW_DEADWULF.mid
MW_IRONMAYHEM.mid
MW_MOTORHELL2.mid
MW_MOTORVENOM.mid
MW_HITMAN.mid
MW_SODOM.mid
//this is sort of the only unoriginal, as it's an adaptation of a neofolk song, but without the lyrics it bears no real resemblance to the original
MW_DETHOFWEST.mid

//these two are a little more straightforward heavy metal
MW_STROGGOS.mid
MW_TERMINAL.mid

//much heavier. More firstwave blackmetal kind of stuff here
MW_LIVINGHELL.mid
MW_BEHERCURSE.mid
MW_AHDMSHORT.mid //Slow, heavy and short
MW_ANTIH4.mid
MW_AHFUK.mid
MW_AH5MP.mid
MW_PLAGUEFLEA.mid

Other
Stuff that's less metal essentially.
May be rock or otherwise.
More comments inside

//good bassline
MW_WATER.mid

//heavy, but upbeat, so placed here
MW_PSYCHOMANIA.mid

//upbeat rock songs
MW_VBLIVIN2.mid
sw_gallup.mid
sw_LivDed.mid

//d-beats and solos. Very short song
MW_PREGLEZ.mid

//midpaced rock
MW_GHOULS.mid
MW_MORKOTH.mid //I'd use for an underground level with water maybe
sw_tanelorn.mid //cool solo
sw_TrueStory //also cool solo
MW_COFFIN

//More video gamey sounding
MW_SPACED.mid
MW_NAILS.mid
MW_TITLE.mid //cheesy, sounds more Chex Quest than Doom!
MW_FANTASY.mid
MW_TRIUMPH.mid
sw_haunted.mid
sw_spaceace.mid
sw_underground.mid

ALL OF THE ABOVE:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dkm9tca44iujbf2/MotorMidi.zip

*I originally posted this on the Zandronum forum, because that's mostly what I play nowadays, but there's a pretty big community here as well, so hello.

---------------------------------
Doomkid over at Zandronum kindly threw his midi tracks into this collection, check em out here (his description attached)
doom_kid92's tracks:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3mztil43zw1fcby/DoomkidMIDI_full.zip

doom_kid92:
I have a music pack here of 34 MIDI's - Mostly original compisitions, with a few other fix-ups and stuff mixed in there. Every original was composed by me and/or 2 of my friends, AKA TheDevilzwork :)

Hope someone gets some use out of these things, many of them were unused tracks from Revenge of the 90's! (Grown.mid, 23.mid, Intro_A1.mid are a few)

Hi :) There are many around here who share your feelings on doom midi, and there are plenty of skilled composers as well. I'm unsure if a centralized resource for community-made midi has ever been created, but there are definitely many such tunes out there if you look around hard enough.

anyways that's some pretty neat midi ya got there, sounds like the sort of stuff that would fit well in a HR-style mapset. That second link has some pretty amusing songs as well (the metal cheetahmen remix was damn hilarious, I'll have to use that for something), I recall some of these were posted in another thread.

oh yeah, welcome, and stuff.

I'd like to focus on originals here, but he's got like four or five covers in there along with 30 (I think) originals.

Maybe if enough people chip in this could turn into a centralized(ish) resource, eh?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

My stuff is mostly at http://box.com/fisk-midi . You are welcome to use any and all midis you find there as you see fit. If you like my midis and would like the other stuff I don't have hosted there, just ask.

Also, everything I've written is in Guitar Pro 5. Ask for tabs. :V

heya
I've been a MIDI composer for fifteen years or something crazy like that, and although DOOM got me started in this endeavor I've slowly found myself slipping away from hard rock and metal-based music and towards funk, to my ears sounding much livelier within in the confines of the GM sound set. short example

I don't have a big database of stuff uploaded anywhere, mostly 'cause I deleted it all in a fit of rage :B

edit: forgot to add that I write my music in decrepit tools like Cubasis for Windows Workgroups, if you can believe that. another, more rocky example - I think I submitted this to some compilation WAD or other, haha

MotorWülf said:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS FORUM HAS COLLAPSIBLE SPOILER TAGS!

It doesn't. As you can see from the copyright notice at the very bottom of the page, this forum uses rather old software. Internet was still powered by carrier pigeons and punchcards, and JavaScript did not exist yet.

On that note*, I have youtube links to "HQ versions" off all my stuff in this blog post.
Two are in Plutonia MIDI pack hence no download link, one isn't compatible with the default synth, one needs changes before I can put a download link in, and one I have a link for but forgot to add it in I believe. I've only been making MIDIs for about 5 months now though, hence the lack of content :P

EDIT: *3 days later, I realise I subconsciously slipped a pun into this post.

Some great stuff in here.
I'm glad to see so many people willing to share their stuff too!
I'll eventually compile all this into a list in this topic or maybe on a blog post or something like that.
And RIP yakfak's midi (though those two you linked there sounded a lot like goofy '80s movie soundtrack stuff, hah :p )