gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

i don't know if anyone knows this,but:
-you start off in a moutain in a circle of fire
-it has a modified STBAR
-it appeared in the planet doom's featured pic
-its a 32 map megawad
-some of the maps were very long

Their are 3 wads which I had a fondness for in my early years, mainly due to the music they used and the layouts.

Their was this duel map, I'm sure it was called H.A.T.E and I'm sure it was made by the same authors who made Brit10 and 11 because the credits screen had the same font, I can't seem to find it through searching.

The second was a duel set for Doom1, I remember the first map was called 'Core' something and it had music from Terminator II, the title screens would have some funny postcard in relation to the map just played. Something beginning with 'L' not Lazarus but close.

The third was a popular duel map I'm sure, all I recall is it had the same texture theme as Judas23 but it had this awesome piano music. It was cramped with the RL and SSG kept in doors.

I remember this old wad that was fairly fun, but it seemed to disappear. I can't remember what it was called, but:
- You could either pick Doom marine or Tails, and Tails could jump higher and had different weapons and items, even if you typed in give all/IDKFA, one of which allowed him to fly
- There was the drunk missile launcher from ROTT which had 3D rocket models which looked a lot like the Duke 3D Devastator missiles
- It was a mostly weapon mod, but it had something called -name- HQ, but I couldn't go on it since it crashed (this was before I had a decent computer)
- There was the noisy cricket, and Tails' version looked bigger, but Doomguy's was a small pistol, however they both fired an extremely powerful blast that knocks you back very far
- Doomguy had a freeze thrower similar to Duke 3D's with a kick alt-fire
- The sniper crashed the game when you used it with sv_fastweapons 2, as with every single-shot weapon back in 2010
- I'm pretty sure there were no monster modifications
- It had a Hexen style inventory system

SavageCorona said:

I remember this old wad that was fairly fun, but it seemed to disappear. I can't remember what it was called, but:
- You could either pick Doom marine or Tails, and Tails could jump higher and had different weapons and items, even if you typed in give all/IDKFA, one of which allowed him to fly
- There was the drunk missile launcher from ROTT which had 3D rocket models which looked a lot like the Duke 3D Devastator missiles
- It was a mostly weapon mod, but it had something called -name- HQ, but I couldn't go on it since it crashed (this was before I had a decent computer)
- There was the noisy cricket, and Tails' version looked bigger, but Doomguy's was a small pistol, however they both fired an extremely powerful blast that knocks you back very far
- Doomguy had a freeze thrower similar to Duke 3D's with a kick alt-fire
- The sniper crashed the game when you used it with sv_fastweapons 2, as with every single-shot weapon back in 2010
- I'm pretty sure there were no monster modifications
- It had a Hexen style inventory system

Shadow Mavericks Multipuprpose wad, a.k.a SMMP. The mod was made by the SM clan. I have a beta, but it is very unstable (crashes happen way too often) and it only seems to work with skulltag.

This is probably a long shot but does anyone have the original version of All Out War which Voltcode made back in 2007?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAa0rPYqqZU

Me and my friends used to love this to bits, but somewhere along the line the development got hijacked and it changed entirely. What I don't understand is why it's near impossible to find the original version, despite the Skulltag forums disintegrating into the ether.

Cutmanmike's "Abandoned Rig". You know, the one with the super massive squid boss. I emailed Mike himself and he no longer has the file, nor is it hosted at any of the links in the Zdoom forum thread.
Has anyone still got it on their hard drive and could maybe toss it on a file sharing platform?

I´m searching for a star wars-wad, but it is not "the darkest hour". This wad includes a village and some kind of "sub/hub-"levels, as far as i can remember...

Hey guys, haven't posted here in a long time.

I'm trying to find a Map 29 replacement WAD that as far as I remember was simply a bigger, harder, more beautiful and hellish version of The Living End. I can't remember the name of it, but it may have been by Paul Corfiatis, although it very well could have been another author. I remember it also got rave reviews.

Thanks for your help.

These memories are probably a dozen years old, so I don't hold out much hope, but here goes:

Pretty sure I'm looking for a megawad. First level (at least) is set aboard a spaceship. You start with a portal behind you (like in Hexen.) There are doors to the left and right. At the opposite end of the ship, the exit is a matching portal. I think you can look windows in the sides of the ship and see the stars moving past. If memory serves, the door to the right of the start leads to a large computer room with an elevated walkway.

I seem to recall the exit not working properly in Doomsday at the time. For years I assumed this was part of Icarus: Alien Vanguard but that ended up not being the case.

Thanks for any help.

Maybe Starship?

It's a hub, and it's for Hexen, but otherwise the description fits pretty well. Some ports did also have problems with it (some of which may have been fixed since).

I reviewed it here (including a note on port issues).

Grazza said:

Maybe Starship?

It's a hub, and it's for Hexen, but otherwise the description fits pretty well. Some ports did also have problems with it (some of which may have been fixed since).

I reviewed it here (including a note on port issues).

Thanks, but nope. This was either for Doom or Doom 2. (Though Starship looks kinda interesting.)

Grazza said:

Yep, that's it. Strange, it's a lot smaller than I remember it being. I'm probably just spoiled by all the massive maps that have come out in the last five years.

Super vague description:

-I believe it had a starry nightsky
-I remember some computer maze parts
-huge map
-two symmetrical big curved hallways with climbing stairs which both reached a huge open room with a center piece of some sorts
-tech base map, but might have contained some bricks and marbfaces and stuff too

edit: for some reason the name hobomaster22 entered my mind, but after checking Exodus and Decadence, those were not the one

MEGAEDIT: I searched for iori as author on /idgames, wanting some of his maps, but I only found "Drip Feed", which I already have. Where can I get some of the others?

Hello there, I'm really sorry for the bump.

I'm looking for a megawad:

-For Doom II.
-I'm almost sure it wasn't the full 32 maps, it was like 15-20.
-It was the same level, repeated like 15-20 times, but with different monsters (MAP01 had imps, for example, while MAP09 had maybe mancubi or something. Think in some kind of mix between doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17244]Double Imp Act and doomworld.com/idgames/?id=15141]1 Monster).
-It had a green marble theme, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks in advance, and good day.

PS: Again, sorry for the bump, but wasn't this thread at the top of the first page? What was it doing on page 4?

Sounds like phtga.

Zed said:

but wasn't this thread at the top of the first page? What was it doing on page 4?

Good point; it should have been a sticky, and it now is.

I apologize if I sound vague

I remember not playing it at all, but I DO remember opening it in SLADE, and looking at the content and textures used in it

-It definitively had aztec-themed textures on it. That was the main reason I downloaded the WAD, because I had a thing for playing aztec-themed WADS at the time.
-It was short; like, 5, MAYBE 6 maps
-It also had some other kind of textures, egyptian ones I think. Defitively NOT the ones used in works like Epic 2.
-No custom monsters at all.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If someone can help me with this one, I'll appreciate it a lot

Edit: typos

Sorry for the vague description, but there's a WAD I've been trying to find. If I recall correctly it was from one of those shovelware cd's, let's see;

- It's for Doom II
- There was lot's of Mancubus
- There was lot's of wood textures
- Large buildings with elevators

That's all I can remember!

Piper Maru said:

Sorry for the vague description, but there's a WAD I've been trying to find. If I recall correctly it was from one of those shovelware cd's, let's see;

- It's for Doom II
- There was lot's of Mancubus
- There was lot's of wood textures
- Large buildings with elevators

That's all I can remember!

Maybe if you could specify from which shovelware CD you got it.

xAn said:

I´m searching for a star wars-wad, but it is not "the darkest hour". This wad includes a village and some kind of "sub/hub-"levels, as far as i can remember...

Star Wars - Chibi Rebellion? It's hub based and I'm just about to give it a spin.

Zed said:

wasn't this thread at the top of the first page? What was it doing on page 4?

I think it came unstuck when a few posts were split off as a separate thread.

Piper Maru said:

I think it might have from either Demon Gate or Deathday Collection.

After searching through Demon Gate 666 and Deathday the last couple days, still haven't find it. Do you have them (the CDs)? If not, you can get them here. Click on "All items" after the text. Maybe after a quick glance through the contents you can recognize/remember the wad. I hope this helps.

I'm looking for a wad that basically transformed the game into a platformer-cum-portal sort of puzzle thing. It was set in grey textured rooms, and you had to jump the obstacles to the other side of the room within a certain amount of time. Pretty sure it was released around April sometime.