Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dutch Doomer

Doom Poster Framed

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, seems to fit this part of the forum. Anyway I finally took the time to have my original Doom poster framed. But since my original poster is a folded one I decided to have the photo store make a copy from the the original for a couple of reasons. I didn't wanted the original to get damaged or discolor through time because of the sun. And wasn't so keen on the folds. So they photoshopped the the folds away, they spend like 6 hours on removing the folds. They end result is really impressive. The colors do not really match the colors on the original, the barons look a bit more red-ish. It did cost me around €80 for the frame, glass and poster, and it was worth every euro. Hope you like, now I need to find a good spot for it.

I got final doom, ultimate doom and doom snes posters I need to get framed. Already got UK ultimate doom, masterlevels for doom and two doom for n64 posters framed

That looks amazing Devil! I would hang that over my head board on my bed if I had one. It looks like something that would be in the id office building. Also, looks like they did a great job on getting the poster into the frame crease and fold free as you stated.

I got final doom, ultimate doom and doom snes posters I need to get framed. Already got UK ultimate doom, masterlevels for doom and two doom for n64 posters framed

Do you have any pictures of these to share? The Doom 64 ones sound very interesting.

Springy said:

Do you have any pictures of these to share? The Doom 64 ones sound very interesting.

I can upload some picture to photobucket account at the end of this week when I got time

That looks awesome dude. I wish I still had my original poster to frame. Good idea by getting the poster copied, folds aren't fun.

Here is the picture I promised to upload:

Those are cyberdemon miniatures holding final doom poster flat and act same time as scaling element so you can see how huge that ultimate doom poster is. I also got that US ultimate doom poster that is in the first message of this thread but I got it in sealed big box so I can't take picture of it. I also got other collectiong photos on my photobucket account if you are interested to see more.

They are FANTASTIC! That Hexen II poster doesn't look too shabby either but my favourite has to be the Doom 64 one underneath the TFC poster. The art work is very good on the TFC poster I have seen it before but not in poster form. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more (perhaps in a different thread as this is DD's thread).

Springy said:

They are FANTASTIC! That Hexen II poster doesn't look too shabby either but my favourite has to be the Doom 64 one underneath the TFC poster. The art work is very good on the TFC poster I have seen it before but not in poster form. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more (perhaps in a different thread as this is DD's thread).

Well thank you for your kind words. If somebody does new collection thread on general section I could post more pics of my collection. I'm planning to make youtube video when I find decent vitrine for my Doom games but it is damn hard to find big glass vitrine, they only sell small glass vitrines on ikea and bigger ones have wooden rims. I'm looking for double door full glass/metal vitrine maybe with spotlights.

Waffenak said:

I'm looking for double door full glass/metal vitrine maybe with spotlights.

Got two white vitrines full glass whith double doors and lighting for sale if your interested :p

Nice collection, I like the artwork from that Hexen poster.

Dutch Doomer said:

Got two white vitrines full glass whith double doors and lighting for sale if your interested :p

Nice collection, I like the artwork from that Hexen poster.

Thanks. Importing vitrines from Netherlands to Finland might be expensive, but thanks anyway :)

Dutchdoomer, is that golden frame custom frame or was it bought from a store? I don't have any custom frames but I'm planning to buy some cooler frames if I find more doom posters I don't yet own.

Waffenak said:

Thanks. Importing vitrines from Netherlands to Finland might be expensive, but thanks anyway :)

Its probably cheaper to buy one in Finland :)

Waffenak said:

Dutchdoomer, is that golden frame custom frame or was it bought from a store? I don't have any custom frames but I'm planning to buy some cooler frames if I find more doom posters I don't yet own.

The frame is a custom one, I was going for a frame that would fit around the poster nicely. And the gold frame looks nice with the gold lettering on the poster.

Nice framing job. I'd like to do something similar with a few of my posters but don't have much in the way of wall space.

@Waffenak - I don't recognise that Hexen 2 poster, where did you find it?

GreyGhost said:

Nice framing job. I'd like to do something similar with a few of my posters but don't have much in the way of wall space.

@Waffenak - I don't recognise that Hexen 2 poster, where did you find it?

Hi. I got it from Hexen 2 developer few years ago. I like the design of stained glass with Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse theme.