Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dobu gabu maru

The DWmegawad Club plays: Kama Sutra

Alright, so it's Kama Sutra. This is a fairly popular WAD, and it's not just for the infamous "Icon of Sin" battle at the end of it: it is regarded by many as being the true spiritual successor to Hell Revealed. Hell Revealed II is a worthwhile WAD in its own right, but if we judge it solely on how well it seems to carry on the mood and style of the original, it is not particularly successful, to say the least. Kama Sutra, on the other hand, feels a lot more like HR despite the many differences between the two, the primary reason for this being, I think, that KS has a kindred sense of thematic quirkiness, which it pairs with a very distinct visual style and a generally irreverent attitude towards itself. Uh....I suppose the occasional direct homages to HR (and others) and generally nose-bloodying gameplay (which does at times reach the same pitch as that of HR in full swing) help, too!

Map 01 -- Into the Underground - 100% Kills / 100% Secrets
On the subject of gameplay, I think I would say that KS has perhaps a few more distinct 'gears' in its engine than Hell Revealed does, which betokens a bit more variety in playstyle and a somewhat more gradual combat curve overall, but many parallels remain. Enter 'Into the Underground', a quick little appetizer tailor-made for 'zerking and other types of point-blank combat....much like the first map of HR, really!

.....also like that map, it is perhaps a bit tacky. While I agree the BGM is a questionable choice, I'm not really as distracted by the somewhat discordant theme as some others have been--within the essentially nonexistent framework of Kama Sutra's unstory, I simply imagined it to be an old abandoned vine-grown building of ill-repute that has an entrance to some dangerous subterranean realm in its backyard--but the progression, which in such a small map is dictated more by thing placement than by architecture, is a bit awkward, to say the least. The SSG secret is probably the prime example of this, as in order to make any use of it at all, you have to skip some monsters along the way....otherwise the last one has been killed just moments before players are likely to find it (maybe it can also be 'grabbed' from floor level, but I've never actually tried). The blur sphere, assuming you know how to get it (I find leaping through an apparently solid set of bars to be quite tacky, as well), is legitimately useful early on, although it's likely that it won't yet have worn off by the time you're ready to go outside, where its effect is more of a handicap than a help. The two-switch upright plate in the room with the strange scrolling vinewall texture is also quite apparently more than a little counter-intuitive, judging by others' comments, although since I've played before it didn't hold me up at all.

It also doesn't play very well if you aren't comfortable fighting in melee (lots of pistol-time, which most players don't enjoy much), which I suppose will be a significant issue for some. If you are fine with a little fist/chainsaw action, however, it's smooth and simple enough (even the symmetrical staircases are meant to facilitate a speedrun, I assume). Just for kicks, this time I played with only the fist up until the last hell knight, who I evaded in order to reach the secret SSG, which I then used on him to finish.

I suppose that in some ways, this map strongly belies Kama Sutra's status as a demorunner's WAD in that its pace and progression is a bit clunky on a first-sight or during casual play, but it has a very smooth/eyeblink progression for those with foreknowledge of its layout. I don't think it's a particularly special map, myself, but it does its job as a map 01 decently well in that it introduces players to the WAD's general quirkiness. Those not impressed would do well to soldier on--again much like HR, Kama Sutra starts off kind of slow but really starts to grow on you once it hits its stride.

BaronOfStuff said:

Evening ladies.

I'll have a go at this one after missing last month (in addition to how many years of saying "NO" after a co-op followed by SP run back in 2009), but my tolerance for bullshit in PWADs is much lower than it was.

Rofl, those end maps go over the top in Survival Coop for sure.

MAP28 - Hard Target, bastardized monstrosity, whenever I played wads most of the time I don't use savestates for the sake of a challenge and I stupidly wanted to beat this without said saves for some mad reason. I got so damn closed to the end then fell off and face rocketed myself on a wall due to a Caco.

Then Ryback beats it with -Fast monsters haha.

Map02 - “The Hidden Engine” by Jakub Razak
Short and violent, I guess the exit set up was changed as you can grab all the keys without actually doing to section leading to each key.
This is fun but if you make a poor route choice then you can get screwed over big time. Died a couple of times in the start room.
Perhaps there are too many hitscanners in this map.
Still the length of the map means you won't be too frustrated.

Map02 - “The Hidden Engine” by Jakub Razak

Amazingly for the amount of traps in this map, including a particularly nasty one involving chaingunners ambushing you from behind, the only death I had was right at the start. That start is very harsh and confusing, there are some invisible walls in the centre which you can't shoot through, but without knowing that it seems like you are immediately surrounded by hitscanners and with nothing but a peashooter. Bit of a damage lottery, but there's enough health around to ease the pain. Much use of in-your-face instant monsters which I'm sure some will find a bit gimmicky, but everything was survivable and there was enough health and ammo to never have to worry about resources. The only thing I wasn't keen on was those invisible walls at the start (very few scenarios I can think of where invisible walls would not be annoying)

Oh yeah, seems you can get trapped in those chaingunner lifts in the bottom left section.

Just want to say, I figured out the normal way to get the SSG secret.

Spoiler

In the last room with the nukage, where there's a hellknight on HMP or higher one of the pillars in the nukage has a lion face on the back side, press it and run to the opposite pillar to be teleported to the SSG.

Of course, if done that way, like Demon of the Well says, it ain't useful.

Oh, and MAP01 sure looks fun on solo-net :).

MAP02 The Hidden Engine

*Regular Run*

Mostly zombiemen and imps. Had a hard time figuring out where to go first, but I think going to the southeast area to get a chaingun was the best bet. It's neat to run around zombiemen in the northeast part, provided taking some of their pea shots. The black area with imps popping up might've been the only problem, as imps sometimes don't die in a point blank shotgun blast. Main deal was of course the teleporting zombies, on HNTR, only zombiemen teleport. There's a revenant on the exit platform and not an archie on HNTR. Final Time 1:45.

*Reality Run*

I would probably say trying not to get hit on HMP or higher is impossible here. But HNTR is manageable to a degree. The beginning could be the true trouble spot, with shotgun guys to your immediate sides and three zombiemen up front. I had to get lucky with them as I had no chaingun at the time. I then vouched the blur artifact secret in the southwest. This'll help me with the black area against faraway shotgunners, and also the teleporting zombiemen after the southeast part was done (there's only zombiemen on HNTR). Still requires luck (and memorization of teleporters) to do it. Ironically, I missed the rocket launcher in this run, yet in my regular run I got it :). But still I managed to do the no-hit run though, with some luck at the beginning. Final Time 2:17.

map01 - i've never liked ks map01 that much. I hate the combination of zombies with low/no armour and weak weapons. Even Gusta can't make that kind of gameplay fun or interesting for me. But once you have the green armour and the shotgun, it's a nice, breezy map with a bit of a nostalgic feel in the layout and texturing.

map02 - Method's maps are generally more orthogonal than Gusta's, and this is one of the orthogonalest. Despite the pretty basic, uninspiring layout, I think the gameplay on this map is a little stronger than map01, although it can be kinda heavy-handed. The fights in the starting room (both of them) and the imp/chaingunner room are too chaotic for me (although you can cheat the second starting room fighting pretty easily).

The early maps of kama sutra aren't nearly as unfitting as those in Hell Revealed, but from map08 onwards there is a huge leap forward in both design and gameplay, so if this is your first playthrough, be aware that there are much greater things to come.

Map 02 -- The Hidden Engine - 100% Kills / 100% Secrets
If map 01 quickly makes the point that KS is a little bit on the eccentric side, map 02 quickly makes the point that, for all of its whimsy, KS generally doesn't fuck around as far as combat goes. The first few seconds of action can very easily result in death unless the player reacts quickly (or is very lucky with infighting), as the platoon of zombies that greets the Doomguy's arrival is genuinely dangerous within the enclosed space, at least vs. an unarmored target wielding only a handgun.

That's pretty much how this map works: it uses mostly relatively weak enemies, but they are legitimately dangerous both by appearing in volume and in being placed in rather cruel ways (esp. where chaingunners are concerned). While in truth it's really not very difficult considering the large number of medikits freely available in and around the main hub, there is almost no downtime in this map, with every inch of it being packed with bad guys to the point where its sheer relentlessness, particularly for a map 02, might overwhelm and intimidate some players. There are a few small-but-nasty traps to make it through, as well, particularly on the blue key path.

About that, while small and possessing a very elementary layout, there is some interest here in that the 3 keycards don't actually serve to directly unlock any doors or activate any switches--they are simply prize tokens which conveniently indicate which paths have been cleared and which haven't, with the actual progression happening by way of triggers at the end of each path that lower barricades blocking off the exiting teleporter (the exit room itself freely accessible from the outset). While in practical terms this device makes little effective difference from a more standard setup where the keys are required to open a series of doors or somesuch, the cosmetic difference gives the proceedings a little bit of personality, and so is appreciated.

Aesthetics are the map's weak point. I suppose they're adequate enough if you pay them no particular attention (easy to do given the map's fast pace, in fairness), but certainly no more than that, and they fall apart a bit if you stop to look at them. Apart from a general tan/beige-ness, the different key legs are again discordantly textured and eyecandy is limited to some simple directional lighting and some extraneous slime pipes during the last part of the yellow key path. About that, I don't really like the appearance of that area in general, or that it's very easy to miss one of the last two sets of insta-pop imps. As an aside, it's also possible to completely bypass the second blue key trap if you move fast enough to duck under the fast bar that initially comes down to block the teleporter, but I imagine that was either an intentional speedrunning trick or simply a natural foible that was left in towards the same the end.

it's the first time for me with kama sutra. of course I heard of it before but since I came pretty late into the whole doom community there is still a lot I haven't played yet.

Map01: Into the Underground
no real interesting thoughts here. it's pretty lame I think, nothing to difficult to fight your way through the enemies with pistol and berserk pack. but that's gonna change pretty soon, at least that's what I heard so far from this megawad. must agree with the others, music choice is kinda weird but nice to hear.

ps: first btsx and here again. hmm, is this net difficutly (solonet) something that's usually a feature of megwads? I usually don't play doom in multiplayer so I never noticed it.

MAP02 : The Hidden Engine = 91% kills 0% secrets UV

When started : A bunch o' gunners will appear every where around you.

What I do is I get behind the computer section and snipe everyzomb in your sight!
That was wonderful!
Reminds me of TNT's "Steel Works" map that makes you do same tactic but instead you have a chaingun and zombiemen with imps to shoot.

I first go to the computer area and get the pointless chainsaw , W00t!
Then I go to the underground place and mow down another shotgunner bunch and go up kill the Revenant and prepare for another bigass ambush and kill stuff.

Then I go to that high section that's all about closet traps and equip a pointless RocketLauncher ,stop giving me such pointless weapons. This map is way too crampy to use it! The best weapon is the chaingun and the berserk pack!
Now , berserk time!

I grab a berserk pack and go to a teleporter , I ignore all the chaingunners and go punch the imps who block the way on that tiny lightful bridge and go straight to the teleport and punch the imps away!

Then I go to the teleport pad and win.

What disapoints me in the map are those keycards : They're completeley pointless!

I also kill that archvile when the last platform is left.

MAP02: The Hidden Machine - 2 deaths

Stats: http://i.imgur.com/PHUbh40.png

Intriguing level design, or at least traps. The hellknight imp berserk hallway killed me both times. The stupid chaingunners picked me off, so on the second playthrough I shot rockets at them. Couldn't find the secret, but then again I didn't try too hard to.

The chaingunner trap at this area was a real arse move, considering that you have no space and have to depend on your reactions. Good thing revenants are easily dodged in a narrow corner.

http://i.imgur.com/VsOAqc0.png

I also don't think the rocket launcher was necessary at all in this level. Neither was the chainsaw.

The Hidden Engine - K:100% S:100%

I found that this level ramped the difficulty up quite a bit. I don't know what was worse, the confined path room with Chaingunners pegging you from afar, the chaingunners coming from behind, or the Revenants in a tight hallway. Well, I am playing on UV so ask and ye shall receive, I suppose.

I spent most of the level <50% health, scraping by but saved the berserk pack for after everything was dead. Smooth move on my part, I guess.

I also opened the door to the AV first completely unintentionally. so it was nice to potshot one ahead of time when in later levels they'll be given more room to run around I'm sure.

The invisibility secret helped out in the Imp/Chaingunner room, but marginally. It was still a pain in the ass to take those guys out and that room is a murder spree (giving me my first death). My least favorite section of the WAD thus far, for sure.

Oh and while the zombies filled the starting room of the last key I figured instead of teleporting back, I'd just run through the doors, using them as cover. Worked like a charm!

Never played this before, doing it pistol start, UV, keyboard.

MAP01: A strangely innocent start to something I expected to be the successor to Hell Revealed. Berserk right off the bat ensures there’s no boring or plodding combat since you can turn any bipedal creature into explosive goo. HK at the end was too strong for just my fists but otherwise it was a very straightforward affair. Visuals are very nice and serviceable so far, hope it keeps up.

MAP02: A little harder than the first map although I wouldn’t exactly call the hitscanner party at the start a “good” kind of hard. You can collect the keys in any order but nothing is really too memorable outside the imp walkways (which I found somewhat novel but aggravating). Felt lukewarm on this one overall.

Map02: The Hidden Engine

A fun little map. Pretty short and fast-paced and while not particularly tough, it can be an adequate challenge to those not familiar with the setup. The blue key route is easily the nastiest one, thankfully I had some vague memories of the hidden dangers there and got through very smoothly. Like the start and how you gotta think fast or you're toast. Seems like I wasn't the only one to die there once. Not much can be said about the YK route, it's basically a hitscanner massacre with some Imps and a rev stuffed in the middle. Don't forget to grab the SSG though, you're gonna need it in the BK area. RK route is the strangest one and my least favorite of the lot. Not very challenging other than the Chaingunners who may sneakily deplete your health sniping across the room. Last and possibly the least there is an AV helplessly stuck on the exit platform so I mercifully ended it's misery with four rockets to face.

MAP02: The Hidden Engine
100% kills, 1/1 secrets

There's some strange design bits and some traps that could be deemed "bullshit", but I love short and bloody levels, and this definitely qualifies. I don't mind "bullshit" traps so much since I'm a frequent save/reloader and can defeat a trap once I know how it works. There's quite a few in this map - don't jump into the teleport for the yellow key (instead, go back and snipe the zombies), and turn around and kill the chaingunner first in the green armor hallway. The revenant trap after is a bit more of a pain (since it's very difficult to dodge missiles in the small hallway). I didn't mind the imps appearing out of nowhere since there was a berserk pack thoughtfully provided right beforehand... imp pops up, imp pops apart.

Look-wise nothing special, but nothing bad either. Use of the keys is a bit strange since the key barriers open up by themselves when you pick up the keys - I might've gone with "buttons" that you push into the floor myself, but whatever.

MAP01:
Oh ha ha. Berserk plays right into my hands. Literally.

I go forth to beat the shit out of everything with my fists with great success, then run around around acquiring equipment before exiting. There's more than enough health on the map to make up for any loss, and no reason to grab the armour until the end.

Next!

Map 02 - The Hidden Engine - 100% Kills, 1/1 Secret.

Very short, brutal level, but it was quite a bit of fun. The hardest room was definitely the area with the revenant, although what gave me the most trouble was the chaingunners in that same room.

Besides the opening trap, what gave me quite a scare initially was opening a door and seeing a dormant archvile on the other side. Ironically, that encounter proved to be one of the easier battles if not due to the newly acquired rocket launcher.

The only secret took me quite a bit of trial and error, I also should mention that I got stuck in that same main room in the small monster closets that open up. There doesn't seem to be a switch to get yourself back down so I had to noclip.

Overall, a lot of fun, an improvement in design over the last level, and a nice thrill ride that offers a taste at what will come down the road.

Well it's the third here already so I figured I'd get this out of the way. Might be too busy to do this tomorrow (or today, technically) anyway.

Map03: Mr. Adolf Kill You!

Another short and bloody one. Not a very tough map at all but remembering the crucial ambushes surely helped a lot. I do recall the YK-ledge being very deadly when I first played this but now the opposition had no chance. Another hitscanner massacre occurs before the YK door but this one is extremely easy. Otherwise it's rather standard stuff. The bestiary consists of mostly small scale enemies but they come at you in numbers to keep you on your toes.

I didn't remember the correct route at all on my initial playthrough today and ended up playing this all backwards. This just meant that I had plenty of ammo to go around all the time and it felt that I kind of broke the designed balance. With the "normal" route, I thought the ammo balance was pretty good and there's certainly no excess ammo until the very end. Also found Gusta's special secret place, pretty funny stuff. Bother Mr. Adolf and he will truly kill you!

Map02: The Hidden Engine

100/100 kills/secrets

A condense map packed with violence and not much else. The use of hitscanners here can be downright draconian, not sure how much I enjoy the opening tilt. The narrow-rail area is at least something different, even if it isn't entirely interesting. Aside from that, I will say that I like the use of revs and the AV in this map - they're put in areas where they are generally harmless in the latter and easy to distract in the former. The result is that it eases you into facing the harder enemies. This will, obviously, change soon. Decent map, but nothing overly memorable.

Map03: Mr. Adolf Kill You!

100/100 kills/secrets

Gusta's penchant for adding humor to his efforts becomes more apparent and his map design goes up a half-step in this one. There aren't any real traps to speak of (SSG excused) as he instead elects to let monsters flow into the playing area nice and steady-like. The only real downside of this map is that it's very easy to clear everything out before even having one of the keys. The result is quiet, boring stroll from one side of the map to the other. Still, decent fun to be had and a better sign of what's to follow.

MAP 02: THE HIDDEN ENGINE
99% kills, 100% secrets
insane good traps, I got trapped in the blue armor lift, but I'll be indulgent with that. Nice central room and after all I made the right choice by saving that berserker for the last part :)

Done on UV

Map 01: No deaths
Go berserk.
But seriously, everything but the end fight can be resolved quite easily by a simple mouse click, not to say that the level wasn't fun. I was quite enjoying running around and punching shit. Quite a good starting level. Yellow key area is a bit blah but that is a quite minor nitpick to this otherwise good level.

Map 02: One death (FUCKING ZOMBIEMAN)
Aaaaand get raped.
The monsters didn't like the ass kicking you gave them back in the previous map so they set up an ass kicking of their own with you getting pummeled right out of the bat. It doesn't get much better as some of the traps were quite unforgiving in practically every aspect. Two issues was getting stuck in the blue armor lift, and the fact that the super shotgun secret wasn't marked as a secret. That super shotgun made me wonder later on what would have happened to my poor ass if I had never found it and caught myself in one of the more unforgiving traps. I cringed, and decided not to test that as I moved into the exit. 10/10 would get raped by again.

Map 03: One death (An imp. Which is funny considering I was being swarmed by monsters way higher on the oshit meter)
Hello? Is anyone hoOHSHITOHSHIT
Pretty much my thought process when I played the map. The only reason I survived the first ambush was because the enemies were nice enough to yell out before initiating kickass.exe and my brain managed to register that I needed to get the fuck out right now. And thankfully the door which I came through didn't get blocked off. Since I quickly ran out of ammo trying to resolve the clusterfuck behind the door I grabbed the SSG only to get pounded into fine paste. A quick restart later I wondered something. You have several choices which you can choose at from the start, but most of them seemed only for late game due to the type of monsters there. After choosing what I saw as the correct path, and managing to clear out the SSG trap with the rest of my rocket supply and about 20 pistol shots, the map dropped in difficulty and it was pretty easy to handle off the rest of the baddies around the map. A tough map provided you are completely clueless about what to do, but a rerun or two and the map might as well be considered finished. Not much to replay but good for a run.

MAP03 Mr. Adolf Kill You!

*Regular Run*

Fun to speed through. Makes me rethink why I'm doing this on HNTR. No major problems throughout. But I did noclip into an easter egg of an area that wasn't a secret. (had an image but deleted cuz I didn't want to spoil it :D) There's also a voodoo doll somewhere within the level as well. Overall, it's a filler Between Levels. Final Time 1:01.

*Reality Run*

Not hard. The hardest bit was probably the numerous zombies in the north. I peek out from a corner carefully there picking them off one at a time. Everywhere else was easily handled, though I got I bit too close with the sole revenant in the level. Final Time 1:45.

I really liked the starting areas of MAP02, although the invisible walls around the keys were dumb, IMO. The only part of this map's gameplay I didn't like was the void area with the imps raising out of the floor. Texturing lacks a theme again, which I'm hoping isn't the theme of the wad. It won't bother me if the gameplay is good, but it's disappointing after BTSX and even Favillesco.

Edit: Decided to go ahead and play MAP03 real quick since others are already posting about it and I probably won't get a chance tomorrow. Short, fairly easy map. Nothing really remarkable, I liked it though. We've got floor imps again, which I'm going to start calling flimps. Texturing seemed a lot more coherent this time, being a base situated on a cliff or something like that.

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting Hurricyclone's reality playthrough of MAP31.

MAP03: Mr. Adolf Kill You!
100% kills, 1/1 "secret"

Another map with strange design quirks that I still liked due to its short and brutal nature. There's basically two big traps here (the floor imp trap and the caco unleashing hitscanners immediately behind and a pain elemental further behind) and other than that it's just mow down the stuff in front. I'm not usually a fan of "monsters appear out of the ground" but so far it's been alright since it's used as good ambushes, but I wonder if I'll tire of it later in the wad.

It's still an eyesore (lots of random texture changes) and there's an awkward point in the map where you've killed every enemy before: the yellow door, going through the teleport to grab the blue key, hitting the blue key switch to remove the bars, then going through the blue key door to the exit teleporter. (Why even have the blue door AND blue bars?) Also kinda disappointed there was no secret on this map, could've just tucked something away in the sludge. I dunno, just seems real lazy to me, especially on a level of traditional design.

Map 03 -- Mr. Adolf Kill You! - 100% Kills / No actual secrets
More of the tight (literally) design characteristic of Kama Sutra's early going. As others have noted, this is a little more reasonably coherent in theme than the previous two maps (a tiny metal outpost on some headlands near the sea), although there is still some weirdness in the form of the scale-illusion sailboat down in the 'sea' over by the yellow door, and the jutting stone bridge fragment (??) that has the yellow key itself at its end. I think the sailboat is a charming idea, myself (although it does require some extra effort in the area of suspending disbelief), but the sky tiling over by the bridge fragment is a bit of a disaster pretty much no matter what .exe/settings you see it under. That's the kind of eccentricity that characterizes this WAD, though.

The player is given a choice of two directions to move in at the outset, and both have an upside: one requires a bit more skill, again centering on some Tyson-style play, but ultimately allows for a smoother/more efficient progression through the map (read: it's the speedrunner's route), while the other affords more staple weaponry earlier (some of it off of dead zombies), enabling more conventional/casual play. This dichotomy works because supplies/ammo are quite nicely balanced and placed in this one--just enough of the good stuff no matter your itinerary. I myself opted to take the more efficient route, which involves a little Streets of Rage pastiche on the bridge, a dash for the SSG, some zombie slaughter, a wet and sloppy mancubus telefrag, a quick sparring match with an arch-vile (on UV he magically bursts from a tiny screwhole or something in the blue switch room), and a bit of cleanup before exiting, all in 2-3 minutes--the hardest part is deciding when to use the limited rocket supply.

It's not meisterwerk stuff, but it does the job. For a wacky bonus challenge, see if you can get the item from the unofficial/unmarked super-secret and exit the map before you get voodoo hex'd--I couldn't!

(Although, it is possible to get the item without springing the trap at all.)

Map03 - “Mr.Adolf Kill You!” by Adolf Vojta
Short and pretty easy. again playing fast is the best thing to do and not to get bogged down with slow play, I did fist a few imps and a hell knight which was fun. Again the monsters are pretty weak though but it's fun nonetheless. Also lol at the hidden joke in the map and I like the sailboat :)

map03 - everything is better with the ssg. Kind of a weird layout, but I guess it works. Map03 is definitely easier than map02, despite the appearance of mancubi and arachnotrons. I played this map pretty weirdly because I picked up the yellow key early on and then forgot I had it. I can't think of anything else to say really. I guess the texturing is pretty bad here, really.

MAP03 : MR.Adolf kill you - 1 death - UV - scratch start - 100% kills & secrets - no savestates.

The start was quite interesting :Kill those enemies with the RL and get your ssg , run backwards , run back in to kill the gunners and grab the box o' shells in the entrance of a cave tunnel and kill the PE out of the window so he won't burp anysouls from he's mouth.

The cave tunnel has lots of clips : Prepare your chaingun and track zombies down(the revenant will help you somehow through!)and then SSG blast the revenant ,get back to the start and kill the surviving imps!

Open the door in front of that lite flat that had a RL on it and collect the shells also remove the imps , when getting the berserk pack I quickly ran back to the starting area and punch them from that door track ,then...After the punching get a weapon ready and shoot the shotgunners that are hiding in the windows near the yellow card and open the yellow door back in that tunnel *backtracking* open the door and get into the teleport and hop off the platform , now you have the blue key!

Open that door which has a blue switch behind *surprise* Fight an AV!

Use an SSG or a RL to get him down , push the blue switch and open the blue door! notice that the button uppered those blue pillars and allow you to exit without using the RL tactic!(Which I used when I had no idea what to do with those pillars)

Map03 - “Mr.Adolf Kill You!” by Adolf Vojta

Well this was an interesting map, lots of traps again and a fairly open setting to choose the order in which you tackle it. Had a few deaths, but after the first trap I figured it was going to be a case of playing through carelessly the first time just to see what all the traps were, these things are generally only dangerous once. The stuff guarding the yellow key couldn't get out of that room and everything else could be dealt with from round a convenient corner once you knew where it would spring from. Not sure what these guys were doing down there:

they didn't live for long though.

Design-wise its pretty shonky in places, I get the feeling that the author wasn't too bothered about that side of things, and to be fair its a fun map to blast through. The "hilarious" hitler trap will get a lot of laughs around here I am sure.