Doom - Endgame / Sweet little dead bunny
Doom - E1M8 - Phobos Anomaly
Doom - E3M3 Pandemonium
Doom - E1M4 - Command Control
Doom - E2M9 - Fortress of Mystery
Doom E1M1 - Hangar TRVE Cover
Doom E1M1 Unplugged cover
Doom - E2M1 - Deimos anomaly Cover

These sound pretty nice, especially the endgame, e3m3, e1m1 TRVE and e2m1.

All the themes have a nice black metal aesthetic to them.

You should put these up for download too, they're pretty cool and would love to use some in my personal high def music WADs.

No E1M5? :(

Actually, these are very nice and very different to the covers that I have heard before. They seem to use quite different instrument types to the covers that I have heard to date.

Thanks to you Retog, Mr. Chris & Enjay.

Let's go for E1M5, the next one, stay aware ;)

I do not have a storage area for mp3 but google "youtube to mp3" Mr. Chris, or freemake video converter is fine too

Wow, that's a really interesting take on those tunes. As I said with the previous ones, they are unlike the covers that I have heard before. Nice and "dirty" sounding. Of the new ones, I think I like E1M3 best but they are all good. I even like the visuals on the videos. :)

look, i absolutely hated it(i'm not into that kind of music), but if there is someone who likes it, i'll give it a like, just for your effort xD

I found the clarity of those Youtube links to be horrible.

But from what I could hear, I don't think the style is my cup of tea.

Vermil, I guess you are not much of an extreme metal (particularly black metal) fan.

#19 / E1M9 Military Base
Need to be re-done. this one needs a good cover or nothing, and it was shitty

It's not electronic music remixes Vermil :) theses are rock covers.
And even so you're on rock, it's my very personal vision of this stuff... shared.

thanks

Mr. Chris said:

Vermil, I guess you are not much of an extreme metal (particularly black metal) fan.

There are some major problems with these tracks, and I don't think genre preferences have much to do with it. The mixing is really whacked out all around, sometimes to the point of total incomprehensibility. At its best, I would describe it as sounding like a garage band recording in a wind tunnel using a potato for a microphone. In addition, the guitar performances often get way out of sync with the rhythm and tempo of the sequenced parts, or even just out of time with themselves (as in the e1m1 "acoustic" version).

I'm not sure if JoseBeausejour is intentionally aiming for a "super-lo-fi" aesthetic with these, but even as someone who enjoys noisy, ultra-abrasively-recorded albums like Vampire On Titus, I found these remixes to be pretty much unintelligible.

Everyone here seems to have varying tastes and preferences it seems, so expect praise, critique and criticism.

esselfortium said:

a garage band recording in a wind tunnel using a potato for a microphone.

Wasn't this a review for a GBV song?

Mr. Chris said:

Everyone here seems to have varying tastes and preferences it seems, so expect praise, critique and criticism.

Bad mixing is bad mixing, period.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Mr. Chris said:

There is nothing black metal about these remixes whatsoever and I'm not sure I understand why anyone ever thought these were in any way black metal. That you would suggest these are anything like black metal is confusing to me.

That said, this is closer in sound I believe to E2M1 than this. The guitar fonts in particular are outrageous in their shit factor and occasionally I swear they switch to Acoustic Grand Piano for no reason. It's almost a relief to hear that dumpy, rang-out, wet-ass piano-like guitar soundfont take the place of the distorted one, which I swear to you I cannot hear a single actual note in. The only way I can keep time in the song is sort of through the drums, but even the drum sounds don't really make any sense and sound like they were recorded in a garage with a playschool tape recorder on a First Act drumset, then played back and rerecorded through a shitty Windows 95-era microphone, then mixed down for use in a Wolfenstein 3D mod.

That guy DeXiaZ at least had redeeming qualities in his remixes, even if I didn't like them and they had glaring issues. These are just noise.

I like these, very atmospheric and badass sounding. People trying to "prove" their "objective" opinions in this thread are annoying, however. :)

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Memfis said:

I like these, very atmospheric and badass sounding. People trying to "prove" their "objective" opinions in this thread are annoying, however. :)

I'm afraid anything you say about music I can never take seriously after learning that this is one of your favorite genres of music

That being said, I'm hardly trying to "prove my objective opinion as fact". It's ironic in a dramatic sense that you and Mr. Chris both seem to like to say that if someone has an opinion that differs from yours, that means they are jealous haters that are just trying to "prove" their "objective" opinions or whatever... As if your opinion were fact.

Memfis said:

People trying to "prove" their "objective" opinions in this thread are annoying, however. :)

well, some of those people actually produced music before. even if you look away from the "subjective", i'd say you'd still value their technical insight... right? and regardless of that, it'd still be foolish and biased to sweepingly dismiss any negative commentary... right?

No, they just sound like shit and Memfis is wrong and should read the book "Dealing with Being Objectively Wrong and Having a Shitty Opinion" by Thrasher Turkington. But no seriously, when talking about technical aspects of production, it's less a taste thing and more a "that mixing is just bad" thing and you should probably listen to the people who have musical production experience.

Fisk: I don't think I ever said that, did I? What I think is that some people should include more "I think"\"in my opinion"\etc and less "period"\"you should feel bad"\etc in their posts so that they don't sound so douchey. Just select more respectful words when saying that you dislike a piece of art since obviously there are no right and wrong opinions, that's all I want from people...

Fisk said:

These are just noise.

The more noise the better.

You're the only one here who feels the need to preface their opinions with ">>>THIS IS MY OPINION<<<" In a creative medium, opinions matter. Passing criticism off as "just your opinion" as if opinions are irrelevant is a good way to let people know you don't give a shit about your work.