Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Icarus Demos [-complevel 2]

vdgg said:

MAP11-MAP20 UV Max movie

Nice. :) Also, I think it should be 6516ic11 because of the naming standards.

vdgg said:

MAP11-MAP20 UV Max movie

Awesome. Fortunately I have large supplies of popcorn. :)

Now you come to mention it, the tough map11 followed by map12's perilous beginning is a rough start to a Max movie.

Grazza said:

In ic29, there might be a void glide possibility, but I haven't verified it myself

Have you tried it since then? This is a weird case: the map geometry seems to be perfectly allright for the glide but I just can't do it. I've tried everything: longtics, shorttics, various places (there is 8 places where it "should" be possible), pushing myself with a rocket...

i see only 2 places :( Both are in the south-eastern room with little alcoves with buttons in them. Both SE and NE should work, but i managed to successfully glide out of bounds using the NE alcove. The southeastern one gives a wobble effect, but then it pushes me back. Maybe i should try building it later.
Where are all other spots though?

Map 04 Respawn in 2:16. Absolutely shocking to be perfectly honest. I plan on filling all the others that need respawns this week.

Springy said:

Map 04 Respawn in 2:16

Something went wrong here, the demo included is 3 seconds long...

Respawn for map 03 in 2:44. Rather annoyed really I seemed to have mistakenly named the lmp file as the warp parameter somehow so my faster time of 2:1something got deprecated when I got annoyed when it didn't play back (found out just after recording now that it was renamed). Easily beatable but I'll try and improve it again someday. EDIT: @Memfis I thought that one played back for me, Jesus Christ on a cocaine overdose I'll reupload it in a minute.

ir03-244.zip

Okay, try this one (if the other doesn't work can a mod please delete that?). Icarus respawn map04 in 2:14. I've played this one back no problems. I think I must've just had the record parameter in the wrong order (would explain this -warp.lmp demo mistake that cost me a better demo for the map03).

ir04-214.zip

MAP19 Tyson in 19:18. I feel lucky just to exit. Plenty of health at the end is very misleading, I think it was harder than MAP06 and MAP11.

ic19t1918.zip

I was inspired by my recent Doom Wiki work on Icarus to record two miscellaneous demos, one even more miscellaneous than the other. The first is an improvement to my old MAP11 -nomonsters route demonstration demo from 2007, with more optimized movement.

IC11o118.ZIP - MAP11: Feeding Frenzy UV -nomonsters in 1:18

The other is a theoretical demo on MAP13 imagining how an NM100S demo might look if its bugged secret was fixed. Think of it as like my "alternate route" demos for WADs in my /idgames/levels/doom demo thread which complete the levels assuming the bugs resulting in super-easy runs were fixed. I've included an optional patch WAD with this demo where the secret flag is moved to the correct sector without affecting the nodes, and which can be used to prove my run is valid.

IC13an50.ZIP - MAP13: Asylum NM100S (theoretical) in 0:50

• IC13FIX.WAD - Optional MAP13 patch WAD moving the secret flag from sector 119 to 122, for verification purposes

I noticed that Icarus was rather lacking in the UV Speed department, with some maps having NM runs and even Strollers, but nothing decent on UV. So as a first step towards fixing that...

map04 (Engineering by Jim Lowell), UV Pacifist/Speed in 0:12

ic04p012.zip

Took a moderate number of tries. The chaingunner normally either rips you to shreds in no time or else seems strangely disinterested in shooting you.