Marijuana

Marijuana:  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Marijuana:

• I smelled some smoke once, that\'s it
    • I do weed/hash at least once a month
    • Coco puffs every weekend!
    • used to smoke it, now i\'m sober.
    • Weed is for weaklings, heroin is where it\'s at!
    • Drugs Are Bad!

Fredrik said:

DRUGS ARE EVIL!

Long live the sane, sober mind!

indeed...

but what about marijuana for MS treatment?

orion would probably want me dead for this, but I think drugs (and stuff like marijuana) belongs on a hospital only, and ONLY for treating patients.

Weed may not be damaging in itself, but afaik, it makes you addicted and once you're addicted you begin to get used to weed and when you're used to weed, you'd want something stronger than weed to satisfy your "needs" - result: You end up being a REAL druggie and this is where you're in deep shit.

This is something I've been TOLD, it's not something I KNOW for certain.

Never have. Never will.

5 reasons.

1. Waste of money

2. I run the risk of arrest

3. It would break my parents' hearts

4. I don't like things that adversely affect my actions

5. deadnail uses Marijuana, do I want to be like deadnail? No.

I don't think marijuana is really that bad. I hope most of you people who have problems with weed also have problems with drinking and smoking, or else you're being quite hypocritical. If you're going to start bashing drugs, marijuana really isn't the one to bash, there's far more potent and dangerous stuff out there.

Even though I'm saying this, I really don't do it at all very often, maybe three or four times a year at the most, and usually in the form of brownies, where it's perfectly harmless.

I do, modders doesn't, she spent 30 minutes once holding onto a door opening, after smoking some pot :)

OK, this'll sound a little weird. I think drugs should be legal, like alcohol. I also beleive kids should be able to drink if they are under close supervision. This country is where you're supposed to be free to do whatever you want. If you are dumb enough to do drugs keep it to yourself, don't offer kids a joint. Also keep others in mind, don't get high and try to go to work and kill somebody with your car.

But in my mind DRUGS SUCK!

Archvile64 said:

I hope most of you people who have problems with weed also have problems with drinking and smoking...

Like me, for example.

Lament said:

Never tried, really want to try

Ditto

I just lack a) the money, and b) friends to do it with.

EDIT: Err, thats not saying I have no friends. I'm just sayin very few of them smaoke weed and when they do, I'm never around. :(

sgtcrispy said:

I'm the only "now sober" person? Neat-O!

I'm also sober now. Except I have been it before too :P

I've never tried smoking weed, but with my experience with alcohol and tobacco, there's a 90% probability that it's overrated.

Alcohol: Most alcoholic drinks taste like piss imo - the reason it's so popular is because for some reason, people like the feeling of getting drunk (it was fun the first time for me, but not anymore). I do drink alcoholic drinks at parties, but I keep my alcohol usage at a minimum.

Tobacco: THIS is something I don't get. People claim that it tastes nice, but I've tried smoking both cigarettes and a cigar and BOTH just taste like smoke - nothing there.

I've smelled weed and imo, the smell is not pleasant - just like with alcohol and tobacco, so if I ever "tasted" weed I'd likely think it tasted like shit.

In addition, all three are addictive, cost money and are not the best for your health (weed may not be so bad, but you still SMOKE it, which means that it's quite likely bad for your lungs).
I can't see a good reason for wasting my money on any of these three, when I could spend them on upgrading my comp and purchasing cool computer games.

Now if you wanna enjoy these things, I wont try to stop you (but Hell if I know HOW you could possibly enjoy these things), but I reserve my right to think that it's shit.

sgtcrispy said:

I'm the only "now sober" person? Neat-O!

What are you talking about? I've been straightedge all my life. But if all goes according to plan, that won't be true for much longer.

As for the smell of weed, I think it's one of the best smells ever.

Archvile64 said:

He means he used to smoke it but he doesn't anymore.

Oh

I see

I've smoked weed maybe 5 or 6 times. It's a lot of fun, no hangovers or puking like with booze, no physical addiction like many "harder" drugs. It's something I recommend everyone try a few times (since for some reason you don't truly get high until your third time or so).

dsm said:

I've never tried smoking weed, but with my experience with alcohol and tobacco, there's a 90% probability that it's overrated.

Alcohol: Most alcoholic drinks taste like piss imo - the reason it's so popular is because for some reason, people like the feeling of getting drunk (it was fun the first time for me, but not anymore). I do drink alcoholic drinks at parties, but I keep my alcohol usage at a minimum.

You're weird :)

I think most stimulants are vastly overrated.

The far best highs I have had in my life had nothing at all to do with the consumption of any kind of substance. Rather my best "highs" were due to some truly breathtaking experiences, like the TOOL concert on last Roskilde Festival (will any of you be there this year? or experiencing the Doom Alphas (i must try that one stoned though).

This does not mean that I am against the use of drugs. I do like drinking a bottle of wine (if it isn't some cheap kind of piss) or a good blunt (if it is rolled/mixed well with good tasting tobacco and ganja).

The times where I drank just to be drunk or smoked just to be stoned are long since over. There is no experience to be had in the booze/drugs themselves. The only thing they do is to mess with what is already on your mind. But sometimes a night with the friends, a walk in the woods or a game of DooM for that sake might be enhanced by some kind of stimulant.

I have only used alcohol and weed myself, since I find that stronger drugs are just too difficult to control and keep at a reasonable level.

I would like to try out some form of hallucigenic but I don't know anyone responsible to take it with (you also need a drug-sitter to protect yourself from stupid behaviour).

the_Danarchist said:

As for the smell of weed, I think it's one of the best smells ever.

True sometimes but definately not always. If its good smelling/tasting weed the aroma is heavenly and enticing. If it's crap weed it just smells like piles of used underwear.

Also, the smell of marijuana mixed with the smell of french toast 7 o' clock in the morning is truly nauseating.

I find alcohol repulsive and hate all kinds of smoke, gas or other funny odors. Hence, I'm not interested.

Heh, when I was a little kid, I was hardline no-drugs, no-booze, no-smoking. I've mellowed with age and education. My old man has had me drinking wine with dinner ever since I was 12; hell, he bought me my first drink when I was 10 (a sangrea[sp?] during a vacation in Mexico).

I've never had the chance to try pot, and have no desire to pursue it, but I might try it if ever offered. My old Room Advisor, Juan, the big Kappa Sig party boy, does a bowl with his roommate on their porch some afternoons. (Of course I know if Peter, my roommate, ever found this out there'd be hell to pay.) Harder drugs? Hell no, I've seen enough shit to know what those things do to the human body.

Still can't stand smoking. I grew up in Utah, where smoking is all but banned outright (one of the things about living in a theocracy). I never got used to second-hand smoke, and even in Texas, I still tend to avoid the smokers on campus. I'd never do it myself; I'd never need the stress relief, and I have this thing against doing major lasting damage to this tender corpse of mine.

In my old high school, there were a number of Straight-Edgers. You know, the hardcore anti-drug youth philosophy? In Utah, Straight-Edge is classified as a violent gang by law enforcement. This after several incidents with thugs using Straight-Edge as a lisence to kick the shit out of people. Nowadays I understand a little of the drug culture and the multi-tiered industrial complex based around the drug trade and the American Drug War. It's interesting stuff, and I'm thinking about applying it in this story I've been meaning to write for the last two years.

IMJack said:

Still can't stand smoking. I grew up in Utah, where smoking is all but banned outright (one of the things about living in a theocracy). I never got used to second-hand smoke, and even in Texas, I still tend to avoid the smokers on campus.

I continually avoid people that is smoking. I leave the room as soon as someone lights a cigarrette. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Zaldron said:

I continually avoid people that is smoking. I leave the room as soon as someone lights a cigarrette. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Just the same here. And if I can't leave the room, I hold my breath for as long as possible.

Zaldron said:

I find alcohol repulsive and hate all kinds of smoke, gas or other funny odors. Hence, I'm not interested.

Ah, that's one thing we two have in common :-)

dsm said:

Ah, that's one thing we two have in common :-)

I thought you both had a penis too. =P

Archvile64 hit the nail on the head the first time round.
If weed is bad, then so is alcohol (therefore damning 90% of the population to hell). I believe statistics will show that alcohol is responsible for many more deaths than marijuana.
My dad got busted for possession in the 70s, and my wife and i both smoke it when it's available, tho we don't go out of our way for it.

I've never been drunk and/or high in my entire life. And I don't plan to be.
What would Orion say if he were here?