Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

You know what? I'm glad they started over.

The more I've thought about it, the more I've realized that id could have gone ahead and finished the less-than-stellar Doom 4 that was ultimately scrapped, made plenty of sales and probably even have gotten (some) positive reviews. Instead, they admitted it sucked, and are so willing to make a proper version that they just plain started over, disregarding all the work that went into it. I don't think this is a DNF situation. They're not concerned with the gameplay being cutting edge or the engine outdoing everyone else's. They're concerned with their product truly looking and feeling like a Doom game and nothing else. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but this is a good sign.

Yeah. I think the middling success of RAGE might have been a bit of a wakeup call for them - made them realise they can't just slap "id" on any old game and expect a red carpet reception.

I'm also glad that they scrapped the project. I hope the Doom 4 has the soul of original doom 1 & 2 with new era modifications and enchances without ruining the final project. I dont want it to be exact copy of original doom with just updated engine. I want Doom 4 to be revolutionizing game like it predecessors were.

So much money and time wasted. Bad games can be released, but since people have said it wasn't anywhere near release speaks volumes for what a hydra of a fuck up Doom 4 would have been.

I still feel that no matter what the game, no matter what the name it will still be a let down or just meh.

That's just my speculation, based on the following points that I think I've already mentioned:

* They still don't have a Design Director (a year and a half after the restart). Not to mention they're looking for a lot of people now.
* They fired Creative Director earlier this year (a potential change in direction).
* They hired a brand new Art Director not too long ago (who made it sound as if they'd barely started on the project).
* There were constant changes on leadership positions throughout the past year and a half.

I'm not claiming it's true. Personally that's the scenario I'm betting on but believe whatever you want as there's no proof. I say we won't see anything new until at least late 2015 or further.

Can Bethesda get Rockstar to make a Doom game? If iD owns the franchise and Bethesda / Zenimax own iD. They can still use the engine and design the game.

I look forward to 2015 when people get fired and 2018 when the game gets released at the end of the next gen cycle.