Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sicamore

Blood collectibles

Hello all,

So I was browsing the internet the other day to look for some collectible games. I found a lot of Doom material, some Wolfenstein, even an unopened copy of Heretic; however, I couldn't find any Blood at all. I found two or three used Jewel Cases and a strategy guide for 900 (unbelievable) dollars, which made me think that searching for this game isn't a good idea. Then I stumbled upon this:

http://www.deathmask.net/collection.php

What in the name of lucifer's ass? I've seen Doom collections like this posted here, some even bigger - but a BLOOD collection like this? Wow!

One question: How was this achieved? Surely even when the game was on shelves, it would have been hard to get your hands on so much material. This guy must have been pretty well off financially (since he has several copies of the unopened box itself), and according to the site, he is also only missing 3 things to complete his collection.

Sicamore said:

One question: How was this achieved? Surely even when the game was on shelves, it would have been hard to get your hands on so much material.

Why would it be hard? Blood was all over the place back in the day, bargain bin or otherwise, not to mention years of people selling unopened copies over ebay. Shit, I think I bought one whole unit retail in 02 or 03.

I'm not sure if this has to do with Monolith's marketing strategy, but I never actually saw the physical game in Canadian stores, strangely enough.

I only got original big box version of Blood 1 UK edition in my collectiong but I'm planning to expand my blood collectiong later. That blood filled mousemat is very interesting looking piece of collectible.

SavageCorona said:

I wanted actual collectible figurines not disks. I am now very very very sad.

I know your feeling. I want to collect everything loosely related to Doom and other games that are important for me.
regards. Maniac collector

SavageCorona said:

I wanted actual collectible figurines not disks. I am now very very very sad.

To be fair, the thread was originally titled "Bloody Hell!", which wasn't very descriptive.

Sicamore said:

One question: How was this achieved?

Perseverance and the odd lucky break works for me. The stack of unopened copies might be from a warehouse clearance sale, which are/were a good way to acquire older games dirt cheap.

Finding old games in sealed condition is much easier in US than in northern Europe. Maybe because of those storage areas with lots of mini storages. Those must help to preserve many items intact, long lost in dusty cardboard boxes.

GreyGhost said:

Perseverance and the odd lucky break works for me. The stack of unopened copies might be from a warehouse clearance sale, which are/were a good way to acquire older games dirt cheap.

Yep ^^^

I have no idea what these games are. Never heard of them.