Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooM_RO

Frictional Games teaser site.

So this site is causing quite a stir on the net. Apparently, Frictional Games, the creators of Amnesia have put up a teaser site for what is presumed to be their next game http://nextfrictionalgame.com/

A stuck loading screen and garbled images that suggest hacking with a sci fi background? Could this be it?!

I'm gonna let you guess what I'm thinking about, it's probably obvious. That System Failure at the bottom of the screen looks suspicious ;)

EDIT:

Is that who I think it is?

https://twitter.com/frictionalgames/status/384269908789309440/photo/1

It funny how I just in summer played system shock 1 and 2 and thought that its been 14 years since ss2 launch and will there ever be ss3. My waiting is over before it even started if this truly is ss3. I need more space survival horror with material scavenging and hacking computer systems.

If it is true, I don't I will be cautiously optimistic. Games by Frictional are quite anti-gameplay and we all know how important the gameplay of SS2 was. Their games aren't particularly scary either. Sure, they are moody and atmospheric but not scary, especially the new one.

According to some people on the net, the garbled text at the bottom is the famous quote by Rene Descartes "Cogito, ergo sum" (I think, therefore I am)which indicates that an AI (with a female personality, as suggested by the previous link I provided) will become self aware. Even if it's not SS3, it will probably be a spiritual successor.

Nothing here is reminding me of SS3, I think a lot of it is wishful thinking being blown out of proportion. Show me a Trioptimum logo, and then we'll talk.

You're mean :(

Ok, so a video just popped up. While I'm quite sure it's not SS3, it might be a spiritual sucessor.

The thing is, System Shock didn't invent:

- Homicidal AIs
- Deserted sci-fi enviroments
- Garbled images

Most likely, it's a spiritual sequel like Routine. Not that I don't want SS3, but I'm a see-to-believe guy (I remember when the original promo images of Dead Space were mistaken for SS3)

About dead space: Dam dlcs. Bought dead space 3 and new playable content was laucnhed after that. I wouldn't mind if it was just about weapons and multiplayer stuff, but but it continues the story. If somebody makes a game, include all the story in retail version if its all ready and finished.

Yeah, while AMFP was very atmospheric, it was very low on the scare meter. Gone Home is the superior game. Still, there are too few Sci-Fi horror games.

The video from the site. Pretty weird but doubtfully rendered from a game engine. [/B][/quote]I was waiting for that wire mess to come alive and stick some metal rods thru that chick and after that slither away from that room like a snake. Didn't happen but it was funny imagining that.

Horror movies and videos are like comedy to me. I don't know why but I watch horror movies and laugh whenever the scary part happens.

Then sodding Amnesia comes along and shoves a brick up my ass so when I shit myself I shit bricks.