Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

How do I mass-export textures to files?

Most tools only offer this feature for patches, not complete Doom textures. Currently I need all Doom textures exported to PNGs so I can perform some operations on them. Is there a tool that helps with that?

Yeah, I got myself a copy of Slade just for this function. But make sure to download the latest beta, stable versions don't have it yet I think.

So exporting works. It wasn't obvious since there was no Export as PNG option as with lumps, but it worked. Can I do the reverse operation easily? Import a batch of PNGs into textures with the same name.

What I intend to do is extract all Doom textures, perform some operations on all of them, and import them all as single-patch textures back into the PWAD.

Very easy to do that.

Archive -> Import Files -> pick the files you want (use shift or control to select multiple files).

Put P_START and P_END tags (empty entries) around all the graphic lumps.

Select all lumps, right-click -> Gfx -> Convert to -> choose Doom Gfx (paletted), set other options if you need and click convert all.

With the lumps still selected, right-click -> Gfx -> Add to TEXTUREx -> Create New. It should generate a list of textures where each texture is the same as the patch name.

Memfis said:

Yeah, I got myself a copy of Slade just for this function. But make sure to download the latest beta, stable versions don't have it yet I think.

It's definitely in the 3.1.0 beta that is on the main site.