Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

The Metal / Rock Music Fans

speaking of boundary pushing bands we also have backstreet boys boy-band pop combined with in flames melodic death metal which i think is really awesome because you'd never hear anything like this in the 80s but here we are in the future and it's genre clusterfucks like this that make me excited for even more future developments in the genre of 'heavy metal'

also it has members of Nightrage and Cipher System which means this band is tr00 and should be heading to metal-archives.com anytime soon

and as neil young once said, "keep on rocking in the free world", that is all good night

also if anyone calls me out on only listening to entry-level troll bands then contrary to such a criticism i do actually know my stuff because here is a russian pop punk/hardcore metal (also known as easycore) band you have never heard of which i think is one of the best in the scene due to advanced technical ability and excellent synthesiser usage. and as we all know the more obscure bands you listen to the more your street cred rating on internet goes up and allows you to differentiate between what is metal and what is non-metal aka MALLCORE

also i just posted 3 songs in a row am i cool yet

Always like Rollins. Both his work with Black Flag and his solo stuff. Also sometimes hearing the right song with the right message can help you through some bad times in life. Both Liar and Low Self Opinion where positive influences as a kid when I really needed them.

@Kontra Kommando: thank you for sharing.
and the news of tonight...
Korn's new album "The Paradigm Shift" is out; it's supposed to be released on 8 oct, but it has leaked.
have a look.

saifi said:

is it like rap and metal?
x_x

no but i'm all for rap and metal combined, limp bizkit were pioneers of that style along with vanilla ice

I like they lyrics for this song, kind of reminds me of what goes on in the heads of gamer/computer nerds. lol

I don't need anyone
Don't need no mom and dad
Don't need no pretty face
Don't need no human race
I got some news for you
Don't even need you too

I got my devil machine
Got my electronic dream
Sonic reducer
Ain't no loser
I'm a sonic reducer
Ain't no loser

People out on the streets
They don't know who I am
I watch them from my room
They all just pass me by
But I'm not just anyone
Said I'm not just anyone

I got my devil machine
Got my electronic dream
Sonic reducer
Ain't no loser
I'm a sonic reducer
Ain't no loser

I'll be a pharaoh soon
Rule from some golden tomb
Things will be different then
The sun will rise from here
Then I'll be ten feet tall
And you'll be nothing at all

@Jimothy:
that's pretty nice & scary stuff 0_0
+ Motörhead "Aftershock" is out.

TawmDee said:

no but i'm all for rap and metal combined, limp bizkit were pioneers of that style along with vanilla ice.

I'd say Body Count was more influential the Limp Bizkit or Vanilla Ice ever where. Also such things as the Run DMC/Arrowsmith had way more influence then anything else.

Satyr000 said:

I'd say Body Count was more influential the Limp Bizkit or Vanilla Ice ever where. Also such things as the Run DMC/Arrowsmith had way more influence then anything else.

hey whoa now mr musical expert sir maybe i should have been more clear, cause when i'm talkin' about 'rap metal', i'm talkin' about the sub-sub-genre contextual cultural offshoot that involves supreme amounts of ignorant wiggerism on display like limp bizkit and vanilla ice themselves have demonstrated (though vanilla ice only embraced such a trend in 1999 - the year of the woodstock riots baby woooo!! summer of love!!)... and such wiggeristic tendencies have been an influence in this post-modern age for plenty of artists out there even today

but if we're name-dropping bands like body count (who are totally more influential for being 'that hardcore/metal band with the rapper' rather than 'true rap metal'), then i better throw your attention to this. way before the run dmc/AEROsmith (spell it right, sucka!) crossovers, way before the anthrax goof-off rap songs and collaborations, hell even before beastie boys were ripping off metal riffs to use in their hip hop songs... we had... this...

My friend was a guitar tech for the Bad Brains. He said that at one point, they were considering Ice-t to be the front man. But Ice-T declined, and fronted Body Count instead.

TawmDee said:

crossovers, way before the anthrax goof-off rap songs and collaborations, hell even before beastie boys were ripping off metal riffs to use in their hip hop songs.

The Beastie Boys were originally a hardcore punk band in the early days. They got the idea for their name from hanging out with Rastaifarians; Beastie Boy is some kind of Jamaican phrase. They were also fans of the Bad Brains, which is why they chose to share the B.B. initials.

A lot of those NYC bands from the 80s, especially Brooklyn, all know each other. A lot of the thrash metal, punk, and rap grew out of the same underground community of peers there. The guy from the video you posted is from NYC, and is part of that community as well.

[QUOTE]Kontra Kommando said:

The Beastie Boys were originally a hardcore punk band in the early days. They got the idea for their name from hanging out with Rastaifarians; Beastie Boy is some kind of Jamaican phrase. They were also fans of the Bad Brains, which is why they chose to share the B.B. initials.

A lot of those NYC bands from the 80s, especially Brooklyn, all know each other. A lot of the thrash metal, punk, and rap grew out of the same underground community of peers there. The guy from the video you posted is from NYC, and is part of that community as well.
[/QUOTE

music is serious fucking business

Happy Halloween!

This was my band, I was the singer. (Shameless self-promotion)

I don't know the person who posted it. But I think it awesome, somebody out there in South America took the time to do it.