Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

A simple map01 CTF redo

THIS IS PLAYABLE NOT FINISHED!

I wanted to mainly use doom II textures and I did except for one modded one in red base. Its for capture the flag in zandronum with only this, skulltag.wad, and the doom II IWAD. This is just a quick release to see if anyone likes it.

Its not a big deal just a copy pasted mirrored map01 with minor edits tell me what you think.

Here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?twid6bcq7m0fiu4

I will be making some changes to this and maybe revamping it for a samsara mappack.

Hey kalinus, so I just downloaded the wad. I've never played a Capture The Flag game in Doom. I'm more into deathmatching, but I'll give a little input on your wad:

Looking around, I can tell by some of the missing textures that this is still a work in progress wad. I like the idea of creating two identical entryways from Doom 2 that attach to each other. However, I highly recommend that you get rid of the liquid textures (blue water & red lava) on the walls, and replace them with more suitable textures that represent blue and red teams. That's just my opinion. Let me know if you want some custom MIDIs, sprites, and sounds too! :)

-DG93

doomguy93 said:

Hey kalinus, so I just downloaded the wad. I've never played a Capture The Flag game in Doom. I'm more into deathmatching, but I'll give a little input on your wad:

Looking around, I can tell by some of the missing textures that this is still a work in progress wad. I like the idea of creating two identical entryways from Doom 2 that attach to each other. However, I highly recommend that you get rid of the liquid textures (blue water & red lava) on the walls, and replace them with more suitable textures that represent blue and red teams. That's just my opinion. Let me know if you want some custom MIDIs, sprites, and sounds too! :)

-DG93

Hey sorry I took so long to respond. I got busy and thought I already responded. You are right it is a work in progress but its almost done. At the moment its not ready for a new upload The original idea for this was to make a decent map using only doom textures but there wasn't good ones red and blue teams. I currently have the missing textures fixed and water and lava are temporarily changed to blue and red computer textures. Until I make decent blue and red textures that fit or maybe some decorations.

I may hit up for some custom stuff by the way. I got alot of projects I'm working on. This was my first map to be released on the net the others will take alot of time until a beta is ready.

Sounds good dude. I'm actually in the process of making custom sprite replacements of characters/things from the game Blake Stone, so if you are interested just let me know ^_^

Alright I'll let you know also if your interested I'm making Turok weapons and maps for Doom. Also I haven't announced it on the forums but I'm making a halo texture pack.