Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

swinging doors

I've been using the doomworld editing pages to practice some fancy shmancy tricks for the normal doom engine, to be used in my upcoming heretic levels. Right now I'm trying swinging doors and I understand most of it... but what is "trigger 91: raise to adjacent ceiling" or whatever. Could someone explain this to me? Thanx.

Guest Fanatic

In Heretic or DOOM?

Heretic. But i thought they were both basically the same. You can do Doom engine tricks like crossbeam bridges and swinging doors in heretic, right?

Not exactly; I don't think there's any source ports with Boom-esque features for Heretic except for Legacy which I think added Heretic support recently, and maybe ZDoom which I know supports Hexen. I could be wrong on those but they're worth looking in to.

I'm not talking about boom tricks lut. I mean the tricks explained in the "normal doom2 tricks" section of the doomworld editing pages. Like the bridges you see in Requiem map 13.

Oh... I read "swinging doors" and thought you meant Hexen-style polyobjects, like the doors entering the main building in Hexen's Map01.

AAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEBODY JUST HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it "raise floor to adjacent ceiling" or "raise ceiling to adjacent ceiling"?

but what is "trigger 91: raise to adjacent ceiling" or whatever. Could someone explain this to me? Thanx.

That's the Doom/Doom2 trigger used to instantly LOWER a raised platform to the ground as described in that tutorial; number and description. I have no experience in editing for Heretic, so I wouldn't know what the trigger equivalent is there (if there actually IS an equivalent). My guess is that any WR 'raise floor to adjacent ceiling' would do.

but what is "trigger 91: raise to adjacent ceiling" or whatever. Could someone explain this to me? Thanx.

That's the Doom/Doom2 trigger used to instantly LOWER a raised platform to the ground as described in that tutorial; number and description. I have no experience in editing for Heretic, so I wouldn't know what the trigger equivalent is there (if there actually IS an equivalent). My guess is that any WR 'raise floor to adjacent ceiling' would do.

Thank you, great mordeth. Thankyou thankyou thankyou.