Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Luke Dacote

Doom box art cover t-shirt

kb1 said:

Not selling your poster, are you?? Which t-shirt were you talking about? I'm trying to get Zed to make me 1... or 5, like that poster! Is that what you meant? Or were you referring to the collection?

Nah sorry man the posters not up for sale, and for the t-shirt I was just talking about the one originally posted from the Bethesda website.

kb1 said:

Holy shit, I want that poster! Don't suppose you're selling it, huh? :)

Nah, Its pride of my poster collection and very first doom poster I acquired so it has sentimental value for me :)

About the Doom shirt I have, I love it and all but one thing bothers me: the quality of the fabric used for it feels just like the fabric from some of the cheap $5 shirts I have :| Come on Bethesda and ID, you could have invested in a slightly better shirt fabric (Made in China, go figure).

Even some of my extreme metal band t-shirts I paid $12-20 for have higher quality fabric and yet I feel a bit gouged/miffed for paying a total of $25 for a cheap shirt with the Doom box art logo on it.

TL;DR shirt fabric is really cheap feeling

kb1 said:

Zed: There's high demand for your skills! Are you up to the task? I'd go $30 - $40 for a bad-ass custom Doom t-shirt.

Heh. Actually, I think you are referring to my friends' skills. I'm still in the "planning" stage with them, but real life (that bitch) keeps getting in our way. Don't worry, I can assure you something will be done, just give me some time. Thanks again to all for your interest, and good day.

Zed said:

Heh. Actually, I think you are referring to my friends' skills. I'm still in the "planning" stage with them, but real life (that bitch) keeps getting in our way. Don't worry, I can assure you something will be done, just give me some time. Thanks again to all for your interest, and good day.

Ok, just be sure to PM me 'cause I'll forget to look at this thread :)

Oh, and, yeah, I got one of the Bethesda shirts - the print is hardly visible, looks like it was washed 1,000 times. I have no idea how they got it to look so barely visible - damn disappointing.

kb1 said:

Oh, and, yeah, I got one of the Bethesda shirts - the print is hardly visible, looks like it was washed 1,000 times. I have no idea how they got it to look so barely visible - damn disappointing.

If they're using digital printers I expect they could alter an image's brightness and contrast to give prints a faded look, probably save a bit of money by using less ink.

I'm having second thoughts about those Bethesda t-shirts, maybe I should learn to do embroidery and make my own.

kb1 said:

Ok, just be sure to PM me 'cause I'll forget to look at this thread :)

Don't worry, I'll make another one at the right time. Honestly, this wasn't the purpose of this thread, and it might be considered off-topic, I think.

kb1 said:

That's a fucking shame. Maybe GreyGhost's suggestion is best:

GreyGhost said:

Embroidery!

GreyGhost said:

I'm having second thoughts about those Bethesda t-shirts, maybe I should learn to do embroidery and make my own.

Heh, that reminds me of some old ebay auction where ex-Id software employee sold custom doom sweater along other doom items. That sweater looked badass and it was made by someones granny if I remember the backround story correctly. Bethesda star making copies of those instead!

I dunno if I should be making a new thread so I'm bumping this one since its related, Bethesda is trying to rip my wallet wide open with their new overpriced Doom Hoodie.

40oz said:

I dunno if I should be making a new thread so I'm bumping this one since its related, Bethesda is trying to rip my wallet wide open with their new overpriced Doom Hoodie.

Wow, that looks really nice. And only $48, on sale. I bet it's at least another $20 for shipping to Canada, too, if they even ship outside the U.S. :(

e: Haha, the shipping estimate is $19.70, I guessed right!

I dunno, I like it but it shoulda had some kind of art on the back or something to merit being that much. Most hoodies are rarely over $30 unless they're heavy, have extra padding or have a really artsy pattern on them. Not much to show here for that much money :/

It's absurdly expensive, but I'm not sure I'd want anything on the back anyhow. I'd just like to be able to get it for under 40 bucks. I don't know what would work on the back in any case; maybe a big cacodemon?

Thinking about it, the icon of sin texture would make a great shirt, most people would probably think it was from a metal band though.

Always only the logo is displayed in the merchandise shirts, I want something diffrent, like heavy weapon dude shooting or archvivile casting

If all else fails - create your own artwork and check out some of the "design your own t-shirt" sites on the Web.

I remember in the late 90's I was walking into a movie theater to sit down and this older guy was walking in front of me. The back of his black shirt had the large Doom logo or maybe it was the other way, id on the back and DOOM on the front and I asked him where he got it. He said it was given out to people by the publishing company or marketing or something. Must have been a rarity!

terminus12 said:

http://www.doomworld.com/pageofdoom/graphics/UltimateDoomPoster.jpg

I don't know how common/uncommon it is to have this poster, but I do actually have a copy of it, its back at home though. Also that t-shirt is pretty sick I might buy one.

There are reprints of this on ebay. I bought a couple from two different vendors a few years ago. One was too glossy. The one I have on my wall has since had the black ink fade away, leaving a reddish hue over the entire image.

The faded colors are a tad irritating, it's like someone turned down the luminance in photoshop without touching the hue or saturation. Still, I like the grey color, black gets too visibly dirty too quickly (especially if you have pets).

I like the grey color, black gets too visibly dirty too quickly and wearable for more days.

kb1 said:

Pro Tip: Turn your printed shirts inside-out before running them through the wash. Hang-dry the really special ones.

Its too dark honestly. They could have just made it bright and still cracked like they do other old "vintage" shirts. I love wearing one specific "vintage" shirt and people stop me and comment on it all the time. That I've kept it alive for 25 years. No... I bought it at Kohls for $10 a year ago.

I personally avoid buying merchandise. A lot of times it's more expensive and I'm on a limited budget.

If I have to choose over the actual (entertainment) product or the merchandise, the actual product is always going to win.

I remember in the late 90's I was walking into a movie theater to sit down and this older guy was walking in front of me. The back of his black shirt had the large Doom logo or maybe it was the other way, id on the back and DOOM on the front and I asked him where he got it. He said it was given out to people by the publishing company or marketing or something. Must have been a rarity!

Lvangundy said:

johnlee said:

johnlee is a human bot that got stuck in an old Doomworld thread? Now he's bouncing off the walls while repeating what others have said.