Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Doing a lot more work on the Steam version. Just got a few more pretty big features put in, and unless Steam Workshop is implemented before the launch, this should be it! Those features are:

- Cloud storage for high scores, best times, saved games, etc.
- Steam-based leaderboards
- Steam-based leaderboard replays (using Steam Cloud)

If some of you guys who already have it want to give this version a try, let me know and I can get you your CD key. I'd like to have things tested pretty thoroughly before the launch. This isn't a release candidate - physics are still quite glitchy. Working on it! :)

I can't seem to watch replays, just says Connecting... but never does anything. Left it sit for a couple minutes. Can't cancel out with esc, either, have to kill the game through the task manager.

You can get out of bounds in E1L1 pretty easily, just jump into this slope and hold forward:

I tried to find other slopes where this can happen, but others just lock up the game, like the one I reported the other day. (Did you get that report? Never showed up on your forum, which is why I'm posting here instead.)

Also, the return to menu option in time/score attack silences the music until you restart.

Got the problem with replays not properly being set with the leaderboards. This should fix the problem of it locking up while trying to download the replay. I also reset the leaderboards to fix the broken replay-less entries.

The physics engine is still being worked on. Now that the bulk of the work is done on the Steam features, I can go back to giving that my full attention.

The other minor issues you mention will get fixed shortly, too.

EDIT: Your post appears now. Weird that it wasn't before. That version of vBulletin likes to moderate non-spam posts randomly.

@darknation: Thanks! We haven't launched just yet, though. Gotta get everything all fixed up to make sure that goes as smoothly as possible.

Those slopes should be a lot better now. I've got to make one more fix to them, but aside from that, they should be working just fine now. There's one other slope situation I've got to address which is currently resulting in a freeze. Once that's all taken care of, things should be in pretty good shape.

... and you should already have these updates thanks to the magic of Steam! Hooray!

Do you as a Steam dev get to see 'recommendations' that people write about your game?

Carnevil said:

... and you should already have these updates thanks to the magic of Steam! Hooray!

Still hasn't gotten my keys...

Where does this Steam release leave us Luddites without a Steam account? Has everything moved across to Steam or will there continue to be alternative outlets?

The only thing being removed from the website version is the leaderboards. It doesn't seem to be worth it to maintain two sets of leaderboards. It'll be less of a strain on the website and less of a strain on us to maintain two implementations. Besides, it wasn't all that great in the first place since that sort of thing is only fun when a lot of people are participating. Other than that, the website/other version should be pretty much identical - except for the lack of Steam-specific features, of course.

EDIT: Just to be clear, yes, it will still be available on other outlets.

That's excellent news. Thanks for replying. :) (Personally, I'm not really interested in the leaderboards anyway.)

Oh, something I've been meaning to mention, the featured maps are no longer compatible with the current game version. Might it be an idea to take them down rather than have the game download them and then refuse to play them? (Of course, this may have been done since I last checked. If so, forget I spoke.)

Yeah, I'll get those reset once this launches. They still work for those who have the alpha, which I think is most people. What I'm thinking of doing is an update every two weeks (with a countdown timer on the title screen - this is currently implemented) and then introduce/swap out new featured maps at the same time. Should add some extra oomph to each update.

Oh shit, how did I miss this going on Greenlight or even TotalBiscuit covering it? I should check it out and see if I can't get a copy.

Easily! We haven't exactly been promoting this very much! ;) That's about to change though in about, oh, six days.

If you (or anyone else) was planning on picking up a copy, now's the time to do it, as the alpha discount will be coming to an end. If/when you do so, hit me up and I'll get you your Steam key.

Won't be long now! Here's some of what being on Steam specifically means in terms of features and whatnot:

For those of you who currently have the Steam version, it should be pretty bug-free AFAIK. Let me know if you run into any issues.

You may want to cut back on the "uh" usage in your video ;) I took a introductory speech class not too long ago and that used to be my biggest problem when making presentations and I got called out every single time :P

Regardless, this is all fantastic news! I'm glad to see everything has worked out for you and is on the uprise. I will be sure to pick up a copy when I spot it's debut in the Steam Store

I kind of wish I had taken advantage of Toastmasters while in college. Oh well. Recording raw still seems to produce much better results than scripting things out and doing multiple takes per paragraph, which I had been doing on the past several of them.