Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmxexii

Cacowards 2013 nomination thread

I can't remember if I nominated this before but I also want to add a vote to Pirate Doom and Espi for the achievement award. Every project I have played of Espi's has had beautiful visuals and absouletly absorbing gameplay, his speed runs were also great to watch and I think his motivation and determination to entertain people with his wads and demos should earn him that award. He's still in my top three favourite mappers to date.

Also, I must have missed something here but there's a High/Low 5?? I know the giant Brotherhood of Ruin map has finally been released but I never knew this so thanks for pointing that out.

Id vote for ZD3K, Xdoom been working hard since a long time for this to work. He made a nice work so far. I know he aint done yet but he deserve to be listed for his current work :)

- Jimmy, your pal from Ontario doomy :)

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17215

I would like to nominate "That Amazing Space Amazon" from Richard Smith Long for best gameplay mod and if it ever exists or could be done this year, best weapon mod.
His Hydra shotgun and Unicorn rifle are my favourite weapons ever! And I don't even speak about that mechsuit I stupidly missed in my review (my apologies, didn't find it out during my tests *slaps himself*).
Really a must try!

+1 BTSX. just an amazing set of levels with great atmosphere and some of the best midi tracks I've heard so far.

Damnation was quite possibly the best wad I've played this year. It earns my nomination for a Cacoward. There is a non-MP3 version which is 50 MB - so if you guys haven't played it due to that - give it a try - you'll like it.

I'd like to nominate Obsidian for MOTY as well as Arclite.

I nominate The Floor Below by Timeofdeath: this thing is one of the most clever things I've ever seen. Granted, I did type in -Kill monsters and then wander around it, but still. :-D

Currently:

Mod:
Amazing Space Amazon. My weapons/gameplay mod of choice right now.

Wad:
Damnation. Playing through it right now, and it's pretty damn good.
Interception. A nice, vanillaish megawad.

Pirate Doom
Back To Saturn X Ep.1
ZDCMP2 (Fuck it, even in RC status this thing is that good and deserves a prize. Those who haven't played it yet are missing something quite good)
Zone 300
Vanilla Sky
NOVA: The Birth (I kind of stopped playing it after a certain oddly-shaped map in the middle of the wad, but despite that I'm still nominating it)
Doom II The Way id Did
Project MSX

Samsara for Best Multiplayer

And for everything that's sacred, jack101's Mayhem Mansion should at least get a mention on the following Cacowards

While the year isn't finished yet, my current candidates for this year would be:

- ConC.E.R.Ned (it's a megawad for Doom 1, and a good one)
- Switcheroom (I love the idea of "merging" classic id maps)
- Doom II the Way id Did (almost naturally... will there also be lost episodes again?)
- Hellbound (huge, impressive maps, awesome city levels - my personal favorite)
- Interception (maybe not as spectacular as the rest, but the maps just work)
- Zone 300 (simple and fun, you gotta love it)
- Back to Saturn X Ep.1 (not finished yet, but who cares)

NightFright said:

While the year isn't finished yet, my current candidates for this year would be:

- ConC.E.R.Ned (it's a megawad for Doom 1, and a good one)
- Switcheroom (I love the idea of "merging" classic id maps)
- Doom II the Way id Did (almost naturally... will there also be lost episodes again?)
- Hellbound (huge, impressive maps, awesome city levels - my personal favorite)
- Interception (maybe not as spectacular as the rest, but the maps just work)
- Zone 300 (simple and fun, you gotta love it)
- Back to Saturn X Ep.1 (not finished yet, but who cares)

Did not you forget "Unoly Realms"?

I will put my vote down for Unholy Realms, incentive to released it before mid December :)
Also I will nominate D2TWID if one of the maps breaks hilariously XD

franckFRAG said:

Did not you forget "Unoly Realms"?

I haven't come around to playing UR just yet, and ofc I can only recommend what I have checked out by myself. ^^
Wanted to wait until UR goes final, but if it doesn't happen any time soon, might as well just try beta2.