Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Doom64EX 2.3 Feedback Thread

va_** functions are defined in stdarg.h, so include that in the files that's giving the error.

Kaiser said:

va_** functions are defined in stdarg.h, so include that in the files that's giving the error.

Well I got some more missing includes in various files, and after adding them, I managed to get doom64ex to compile. However, the wadgen utility still doesn't compile and adding the missing include to (apparently) MD5.h doesn't fix the problem.

Linking C executable WadGen
CMakeFiles/WadGen.dir/Rom.c.o: In function `Rom_VerifyChecksum':
Rom.c:(.text+0x14f): undefined reference to `MD5_Init'
Rom.c:(.text+0x165): undefined reference to `MD5_Update'
Rom.c:(.text+0x17b): undefined reference to `MD5_Update'
Rom.c:(.text+0x191): undefined reference to `MD5_Update'
Rom.c:(.text+0x1a7): undefined reference to `MD5_Update'
Rom.c:(.text+0x1bb): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateInt32'
Rom.c:(.text+0x1cf): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateInt32'
Rom.c:(.text+0x1e3): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateInt32'
Rom.c:(.text+0x1f7): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateInt32'
Rom.c:(.text+0x20b): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateInt32'
Rom.c:(.text+0x21c): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateString'
Rom.c:(.text+0x232): undefined reference to `MD5_Update'
Rom.c:(.text+0x248): undefined reference to `MD5_Update'
Rom.c:(.text+0x25e): undefined reference to `MD5_Update'
Rom.c:(.text+0x276): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateInt32'
Rom.c:(.text+0x28a): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateInt32'
Rom.c:(.text+0x29d): undefined reference to `MD5_Final'
CMakeFiles/WadGen.dir/WadGen.c.o: In function `WGen_AddDigest':
WadGen.c:(.text+0x11a): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateString'
WadGen.c:(.text+0x129): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateInt32'
WadGen.c:(.text+0x138): undefined reference to `MD5_UpdateInt32'
CMakeFiles/WadGen.dir/WadGen.c.o: In function `WGen_Process':
WadGen.c:(.text+0x19f): undefined reference to `MD5_Init'
WadGen.c:(.text+0x4da): undefined reference to `MD5_Final'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [WadGen] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/WadGen.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
For the time being, I just copied over the wad and soundfont file from my Windows 7 installation so I don't need wadgen and I can just use the doom64ex binary.

Is it be possible to add shadows for monsters in the next release?

oh... and are there any Doom64 "megawads" or high quality usermaps? I didn't find any.

The mouse still registers movement even when the game is paused (i.e., when you hit the pause key and the word Pause is on screen). So if you pause, then move the mouse (like you go to click around in other windows or whatever), the player will now be facing in a different direction when you unpause.

Is there a limit to the number of active sound channels that can play simultaneously? An option to enable a limit might be a good idea. This is most noticeable when using the chainsaw on an enemy, as the "saw cut" sound effects overlap each other so rapidly and keep piling up that they can become incredibly loud and start generating static feedback on certain speakers.

Also, is there any way to revert to using MP3's for the music? The soundfont is pretty nice, but some songs (Final Outpost, a.k.a., "The Damned," in particular) aren't super-accurate to the originals. Some players might also prefer to use the high-quality Doom 64 MP3's that Aubrey Hodges sells on his Bandcamp website.

The collision detection is still a little funky, too. When the N64 collision compatibility is off, demons/spectres are literally incapable of infighting with many monsters. They will run after their target, but will never bite them, or even enact their biting animation. By comparison, when the compatibility is on, some monsters (and the player) can actually become trapped inside the demon's hitbox, halting or limiting their movement as they're chewed on.

I doubt anyone's even reading this topic anymore, but I'm still going to report this anyway, just in case.

Megamur said:

The collision detection is still a little funky, too. When the N64 collision compatibility is off, demons/spectres are literally incapable of infighting with many monsters. They will run after their target, but will never bite them, or even enact their biting animation. By comparison, when the compatibility is on, some monsters (and the player) can actually become trapped inside the demon's hitbox, halting or limiting their movement as they're chewed on.

I doubt anyone's even reading this topic anymore, but I'm still going to report this anyway, just in case.

Hi, Doom64 EX's development repo hasn't had any changes in some time, however that hasn't stopped the demand for D64EX to continue. As a result, I decided recently to start a fork of the project that seeks to clean up things a bit and fix up the bugs, while verifying that we are still adhering to Doom64's actual behavior. Things are still in the early stages so only the source is available, at the moment. There's tons of work to be done, and thus far, all 3 of the contributors(including me) are using Linux, so some testing on Windows and Mac OS X would be appreciated as well.

Current Goals:
Cross platform for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, BSD
Clean-up, migrate to C++11 compliance
SDL2 port
Fix bugs, fix bugs, fix bugs!
GLES2 compliant renderer(so that it works on mobile and desktop)
libretro port(for Android and iOS support)

Still investigating into mapping features. I'm going to have to focus on editing tools later, I have a ton of work to do as is.

All the repos are split up on my GitHub.
https://github.com/MP2E/kexplus
https://github.com/MP2E/Wadgen
https://github.com/MP2E/d64bsp
https://github.com/MP2E/blam

As many bugfixes will be ported to upstream as possible! :)

Excellent! I'm very excited to see where this goes. I know at least some people shy away from D6EX because it's still somewhat unstable.

Honestly, for me, all I would like is better control configuration (ie/ remappable controller buttons) and some more maps. I've never had a single crash that I can remember. I'm not sure what these stability issues are...

I've had it randomly crash on me before, and it crashes after the majority of custom maps are finished. (I guess since the MAPINFO lump doesn't specify the next level, it just bombs out.)

And I agree: Better remapping would be nice. (In particular, hitting F5 to take screenshots makes it pretty hard to get any good action shots.) I also wish there was more range to the mouse sensitivity options. Mouse sensitivity seems to max out at 20 if you use the option screen slider. I had to max out the acceleration bar, then use console commands to bump up the X sensitivity to 70 in order to get a good turning speed. (Though that's a smallish quibble since I can still get the sensitivity where I need it to be.)

don't know where to say it so I do it here:

congratulations for getting the first cacoward lifetime achievement kaiser!
the work you put in doom64 to make it an accessible and therefore well known part of the doom series like the other entries is outstanding.

Can't argue with that. Doom 64 was a great but sadly forgotten entry in the series. Having someone so passionate, dedicated and knowledgeable bring it "back home" to the PC to reunite it with its brethren has been a wonderful service to the community.

Sp00kyFox said:

don't know where to say it so I do it here:

congratulations for getting the first cacoward lifetime achievement kaiser!
the work you put in doom64 to make it an accessible and therefore well known part of the doom series like the other entries is outstanding.

Thanks!

Development on Doom64EX was a handful and I am glad the project turned out the way I hoped.

Hopefully I'll get version 2.4 done sometime this year.

Congrats Kaiser - your port made me appreciate
Doom64 to the max.
Keep up the great work!

P.S.: love the color to color shade on walls.