Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

gzdoom, disabling skyboxes

When using skyboxes and models with gzdoom, half the time skies in pwads load correctly, the other half they don't. Is there a console command to disable them? I can't find anything related to skyboxes in either of the HD packs I'm using:

zd-dhtp-20101225.pk3
GZ-Models.pk3
jdtp-comp.pk3

Skyboxes are defined in GLDEFS.

Don't know any console commands to disable them. What do you mean by "not loading correctly"?

plums said:

Skyboxes are defined in GLDEFS.

Don't know any console commands to disable them. What do you mean by "not loading correctly"?

If a pwad has a standard FSKYx, half the time the skybox will load and not the pwad sky.

If you don't want HD skies to override pwad skies, you should add this pwad the last. Order matters. Example:

gzdoom.exe -file zd-dhtp-20101225.pk3 GZ-Models.pk3 jdtp-comp.pk3 somepwad.wad

Each subsequent file overrides the contents of the previous one.

Sorry, my earlier comment wasn't helpful at all, I didn't realize these were Doomsday-style packs.

I can't find any skybox-specific stuff either but loading those files I don't see any skyboxes even, just high-resolution skies. In any case it's not too surprising that resources would conflict like that; my guess is that it's probably the texture names (sky1) taking preference over patch names (rsky1) on wads that don't have new TEXTURE1/2 lumps.

I don't know enough about HR textures to know how to fix that. Renaming the sky textures to patch names might fix it, not optimistic though.

Give me an example wad that doesn't work and I can play around with it later, if you want.

Da Werecat said:

If you don't want HD skies to override pwad skies, you should add this pwad the last. Order matters. Example:

gzdoom.exe -file zd-dhtp-20101225.pk3 GZ-Models.pk3 jdtp-comp.pk3 somepwad.wad

Each subsequent file overrides the contents of the previous one.

If the pk3's are in the autoload section of gzdoom's config file, and I drag and drop/add a pwad at the command line, shouldn't the pwad be loading last of all? I've had a similar problem here: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-editing/66244-zdoom-and-weapon-selection-order/

plums said:

Sorry, my earlier comment wasn't helpful at all, I didn't realize these were Doomsday-style packs.

I can't find any skybox-specific stuff either but loading those files I don't see any skyboxes even, just high-resolution skies. In any case it's not too surprising that resources would conflict like that; my guess is that it's probably the texture names (sky1) taking preference over patch names (rsky1) on wads that don't have new TEXTURE1/2 lumps.

I don't know enough about HR textures to know how to fix that. Renaming the sky textures to patch names might fix it, not optimistic though.

Give me an example wad that doesn't work and I can play around with it later, if you want.

uac_dead

Ugh, ok yeah the HR textures are overriding the ones in the wad, I can't get them to not do that without deleting them from the texture pack. It might be different if the textures were organized in a GZDoom native format but I don't know.

Are there any wads where sky replacements do work?

Also zd-dhtp-20101225.pk3 and jdtp-comp.pk3 are both high-res texture packs with a lot of the same resources I think? Do you need them both?

(edit: because I saw your other thread, I did get your PM, decided to just reply in this topic directly.)