Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Unregistered account

Linguica's Lair: A Vanilla map?

Has anyone thought that SkullTag's D2DM7: Linguica's Lair may have started out life as a vanilla map? I mean:

- There are no flats on walls/textures on floors

- There are no SkullTag weapons (although there is an item - a Hissy behind bars)

- No texture/flat warping

- No line horizon effects outside the map

- There seems to be only one type of linedef effect, and that's lowering the floor which the ------ is on. It's also a lift effect.

-There's no use of source port features - And the funny thing is that SkullTag told mappers to use SkullTag items and ZDoom features in their maps, kind of to show off their use.

What do you think?

Yes. The map was made by Toke, who was kind of a purist when it came to his maps. This map started off in vex-doom, and made its way into Skulltag shortly after.

Another of his maps, d2duel5, in skulltag.wad also does not use any skulltag weapons. It it one of my favorite duel maps :)

Vulture said:

Another of his maps, d2duel5, in skulltag.wad also does not use any skulltag weapons. It it one of my favorite duel maps :)

So is he dead now, or was that message outside the map just a joke? Because someone could have put it there for him.

Is it not also that the map is old enough that some of the features mentioned as not being there were not in ZDoom (and therefore derivatives) at the time? e.g. I don't think flats and textures anywhere was possible back then.

Enjay said:

Is it not also that the map is old enough that some of the features mentioned as not being there were not in ZDoom at the time?

I've got no idea, I'm 12. I wasn't alive when these source ports were released.