Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

Doom2Remake By Me !*Pre-alpha v0.3 GamePlay Footage*!

Cire said:

Any ETA on a 32bit version yet? :)

This version is not relevant anymore :S

I'v checked graphics comperation between Unity and UDK and it seems like UDKS visual effects are far superior than unity .Considering the fact that this remake supposed to show better graphics and the same gameplay as the original and not for commercial purposes, it seems like UDK is the best choice for it . I will have to learn UDK from the begining and C++ ( I'v been using C# for a while in Unity so i donno how much time this will take (Plus learning the UDK API )) so it will probably take a while before my next release .

Well, thanks for asking :)
After learning some UDK i'v decided to wait for Unreal Engine 4 which will not use unrealscript anymore and will have better graphics, in the meanwhile, I'm working on learning anatomy and sculpting in order to make more realistic models, the ones i'v used so far are not that great, I'm aiming to make it as close to AAA quality game as i can :)

I'm currently waiting for Unreal Engine 4, But in the meanwhile, Im making some assets :)
DoomGuy Armor low poly with Normal and AO maps .

A lot of you seem to forget that id is paired up with Bethesda, who has sued the crap out of interplay for doing things fallout related, despite the fact that interplay created the IP to begin with. even if id is pretty lax about it, its the lawyers at Bethesda you need to worry about now.

the green armor looks great, but its a little cartoonish for doom, try adding some cuts and roughness, like he's already been to hell(lol)

It's been a while since my last update, i wasn't working on this project for some time, but now I'm moving it forward in UDK :

I really love UDK Light shafts XD !

Only few meshes,only to show that this is still alive, I will probably update more rapidly from now on .

Looks pretty good. The only reccomendation I have to say is to not just recreate it, but expand it. Little things like making the end elevators actually go up/down and add some more atmosphere. Less gore, more horror. Don't be afraid to switch up some lighting (which I see you've already done with the sky texture.)

Overall looks good, may bring some new and improved elements into an already great game.

Sahkan said:

I'm currently waiting for Unreal Engine 4, But in the meanwhile, Im making some assets :)
DoomGuy Armor low poly with Normal and AO maps .

Um, making the models different from the sprites but still act like the monsters is still illegal. [/B][/quote]I think its not illegal if its non profit

Looks really nice, looking forward to test a new release! :) Off-Topic: What happened to Unreal Engine 4 by the way, I saw some really nice videos of it quite a while ago, then I haven't heard anything?

I released this one a while ago, this is last UDK ( unreal engine 3 ) release, now i'm restarting the project in Unreal Engine 4 .

http://www.indiedb.com/games/na21643/downloads/doom2remakebysahkan-last-udk-version

Approximately 250mb file .

First basic doom 2 map with some extra decorations and a full functioning imp, you will have an RPG with infinite ammo .
Slay endless army of imps !
Enjoy :D

Guest Unregistered account

This looks great, but unfortunately I can't play it - I don't know how to use .7z files!

Joe667 said:

This looks great, but unfortunately I can't play it - I don't know how to use .7z files!

This is just like winzip or winrar .
Install this software :
http://www.7-zip.org/
And extract the files out of the 7z file ( Right click => 7z => extract... )

Impboy4 said:

I hate to break it to you, but you're going to get a cease and desist letter from id Software if you continue this. Just warning you.

Why would ID Software send a cease and desist letter if it's just a fangame?