Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HK!D

Doom Sound Effects in Movies, TV Shows and other Games

There was a south park episode called "Erection Day" were there was a pimp shooting a pistol. The pistol sound was the sound from Doom, just slightly edited.

During the battle against Gohdan in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, the door-opening sound effect in PSX Doom and Doom 64 is used at the beginning of the battle and various times after that.
The Soul Cube spawn sound effect is also used before Gohdan shoots fire balls out of his mouth.

Most of the sounds used by the troopers and the imp death sounds are stock sounds of camel groans. They are from an old sound library, and many of the trooper and imp sounds appear in old movies, including Lawrence of Arabia, as , fittingly, the sounds made by camels in the background.

I found the camel sounds in a collection of the longer original clips. When I was working on DeiMWolf I originally used the imp as a temporary substiture for the mutant. I got so used to the imp death sounds that I took the same parts of the camel clips to used as id did for the imp, plus a third piece that sounded like one of the others, except angrier.

It is well known that many of the DooM sounds came from stock libraries, which is why they are heard so often in movies and TV.

Similarly, there is one sound I first heard in Blake Stone as the death of a small mutant that I hear frequently in cartoons and movies as the sound of prehystoric beasts and monsters, and because I heard it in Blake Stone first it always sticks out like a sore thumb.

Boingo said:

Similarly, there is one sound I first heard in Blake Stone as the death of a small mutant that I hear frequently in cartoons and movies as the sound of prehystoric beasts and monsters, and because I heard it in Blake Stone first it always sticks out like a sore thumb.

This thing! That death sound is probably one of the most common sounds for monsters and aliens.

That's the one!

I heard it for the first time in Blake Stone and in pretty much everything else since then.