Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

best utility for viewing graphics?

SLADE renders everything in black and white (pcx files?) whereas another that I tried (the only one to work properly under win7-x64... XWE or NWT I think) had a very old-school interface and treated everything as lumps. I know some editors allow for viewing graphics but I'd like to be able to export them as well.

SLumpEd is what I use if that's any use. I believe it may view them as lumps, but they can be exported as PNG and BMP, and even imported as such.

Clonehunter said:

SLumpEd is what I use if that's any use. I believe it may view them as lumps, but they can be exported as PNG and BMP, and even imported as such.

It seems that SLumpEd displays them in black and white, and exports them in b&w, whether I export as bmp or png.

Did you set up your base resources (iwads) and are you selecting a palette? SLADE shouldn't be b&w.

plums said:

Did you set up your base resources (iwads) and are you selecting a palette? SLADE shouldn't be b&w.

Didn't have iwad set up - as for palette, how do I set it up, as in, what values?

SLADE 3 is by far the best utility for viewing Doom graphics since it is the only one which has a built-in toggle for aspect ratio correction.

invictius said:

SLADE renders everything in black and white

This is because you are looking at an archive that does not contain a palette, and you have not set a base resource archive containing a palette, and you have not chosen to use one of the innumerable built-in palettes.

SLADE's palette management is extremely powerful and thorough. Just pay some attention to the UI.

See those things? Those weird, wonderous things? One says "Base resource" and the other says "Palette". Try to learn what splendid mysteries they hold.