Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sicamore

Zandronum SNS #101 - Doom's 20th Celebration with John Romero

Last week, we celebrated the 100th Saturday Event hosted on Zandronum. This week, join us for the celebration of Doom's 20th Anniversary - with John Romero! The grand master himself has agreed to join for a taste of his own game! The wads, as voted by the community, will be TerminusEst13's Samsara paired with a compilation of classics - Alien Vendetta and Hell Revealed 2. Since 32 maps would be too little, we doubled the experience to make a whole 64 maps to blast through. The blend of newschool and oldschool Doom will surely be a great representation of how Doom has changed over the past two decades. Make sure not to miss SNS #101!

IWAD: doom2.wad
WADs: AV, map20fix ,HR2, samsara-v.031-beta.pk3
What day: Saturday, December 7th, 2013
What time: 18:00 UTC
United Kingdom: 19:00
Russia / Moscow: 22:00
Eastern Time (US): 2:00 PM
Where: Vicious Pariah's servers
More info...

Get Zandronum and check out modern Doom.

Well, if the server doesn't crash due all the people trying to join, I just hope that we can actually PLAY this thing and not turn this into a massively unorganized and annoying interview.

In other words, remember guys: I know that everyone wants to talk to him, but let the man play the game, and try to don't scare him saying things like "OMG u are teh fukin JON ROMERO!! U are the GOD OF VIDIAGAEMS!!! I luv u! I nammed my daughter Jannet Doom Quake Romero, and I tatoo'ed your're name in my ass!!!!!1"

It was hard to lure him to play with us, and we don't want to see him trying to escape.

It was hard to lure him to play with us, and we don't want to see him trying to escape.

I think we may need confirmation of this

IMX said:

I think we may need confirmation of this

Nope. All it took was e-mailing him and asking "Yo, interested in playing with us for Doom's 20th anniversary?". He said "Yeah, I'll try and be there".

'Course, that doesn't lessen the message of "don't be a douche to him", but still.

Why don't they put in a password and e-mail it to Mr. Romero?

Maybe put it on the topic so only the ones who read the post can join in.

So... third time's the charm? Are there odds on him not showing up? :)

dew said:

Are there odds on him not showing up? :)

Quite big. Also there are chances of the server hitting the 64 max player limit before he joins, or someone can just change its player name to John Romero and pretend to be him. (You know, this is an unique chance for trolls to strike)

To my surprise, during our >6 hour ZDaemon session noone tried to impersonate John when he was supposed to appear. Zandronum demographic seems to be quite different though so I don't know what to expect there.

Memfis said:

To my surprise, during our >6 hour ZDaemon session noone tried to impersonate John when he was supposed to appear. Zandronum demographic seems to be quite different though so I don't know what to expect there.

It is guaranteed to happen.

Did he show up? I assume no, because no one is saying anything, heh. Three out of three... shall we ever learn?

Memfis said:

Three? TNS, SNS, ...?

I maybe wrong but he may have been invited to an event on Odamex in the past. If he didn't show it wouldn't surprise me seeing as he probably has a very busy schedule and would more than likely not have much time to join. I doubt whether he'd have been there long anyway seeing as a portion of the Zandronum community is about as mature as processed burger cheese (no offense).

I had a peek on Zand and yeah, that seems to be the case. One of them said that he should have just turned up as a surprise instead of everyone knowing beforehand, which sounds like a good idea. Eh. :-/