Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Altima

24-hour 20th Anniversary Celebration Stream

I wanted to give back to the community that I've been blessed to be a part of for so long, so I have decided to host a 24-hour live stream on Twitch.tv to celebrate the 2 long, fantastic decades that this game has been around for, and the community it has following it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gpocmPYJFc
http://www.twitch.tv/altimamantoid

I realize there is a race on that same day when the stream will be taking place, so it quite possible I may join that race on the same day and stream it during the anniversary stream.

Huzzah for 20 years of Doom! And for livestreams celebrating this fact! I may get involved myself at some point on the same day.

Awwwww yissssss.

(Thanks for using my remix of D_E2M8 in the first eight seconds of that. :P)

Sounds awesome altima, i'll try to hype this up any way I can! I'll definitely tune in a bit.

Guest Unregistered account
Altima said:

I wanted to give back to the community that I've been blessed to be a part of ETC ETC.

Wow! Hope I can see it...

Also, I love your videos. My year 8 friends won't have any of it, though...

Joe667 said:

My year 8 friends won't have any of it, though...

You tried showing them an Altima video? I bet they were on to his voice instantly :/

Eris Falling said:

You tried showing them an Altima video? I bet they were on to his voice instantly :/

Why is my voice always an issue? >=/

Guest Unregistered account
Altima said:

I expect it's because of your accent - I don't really mind it or notice anything wrong with it, but we're talking about friends who make fun of each other. Now that my arm's out of its cast, though, I think I'll give them a piece of my mind...

Altima said:

Sorry, I might have worded that badly. I don't mind your voice at all. I actually think it works quite well with your videos. But I see these "o god ur voice soooo anoying" comments on a lot of your videos, and I associate comments like that with immature kids.

Fair enough. I suppose I got the short end of the stick as far as the accent goes. Can't win them all, lol.

Thanks to EVERYONE for the great showing and for allowing me to entertain you and take a trip down memory lane as to why this game is so great and has stood the test of time. What was 24-hours of streaming turned into 27, but fun was had by all.

Happy Doomday to all!

I was there for most of it except Doom 2 and part of TNT and it kicked ass all the way. Thanks for doing the stream.

Also, the trailer which alerted me to it was awesome. I wanted to post that on Youtube itself, but the whole G+ integration has screwed up my ability to comment without losing my ability to upload videos.

Well done again. I was there for the 1st hour and also the last 7 hours too (damn time difference and work). Think I was the only Brit in the room when you had the wee toast at the start :D You did well in doing this and lasting so long.