Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

20 Year Cacowards [where are they?]

I'd read elsewhere that one of the co-author's is suffering unspecified technical difficulties, which will hopefully be resolved soon.

TheCupboard said:

How about "thanks in advance for the 20th annual Cacowards", hmm?

Actually being grateful for stuff is for squares.

I hope Nex Credo gets the 'best use of switches' and 'best sonofoabitch chaingun-baiting' awards. They don't exist, but a man can dream.

I sure as hell hope Temple of the Lizard Men 3 wins something.

Obsidian said:

Alfonzo, Xaser and kmxexii. Not sure which one is having internet difficulties. :/

I know :D
I just dont know if I am at liberty to tell.

glenzinho said:

Alfonzo as far as I can tell

He hasn't posted for a while, let's hope there isn't a court order at the heart of his internet woes.

GreyGhost said:

He hasn't posted for a while, let's hope there isn't a court order at the heart of his internet woes.

Goats. It's always goats.

fraggle said:

It wouldn't be the Cacowards without a lengthy and unnecessary delay.

I would like to point out that from 2004-2010 it was always ready for upload by the 10th.

it really saddens me to see that cacowards is delayed on the 20th anniversary probably the most important year for a doom birthday... and i don't think it's going to top the 10year extravaganza either... poor show... :(

Alfonzo and I had been in contact in the weeks leading up to the Cacowards. He ostensibly had things set up to go, with Xaser taking a more ancillary role as he hadn't spent a lot of time playing Doom this year. Neither had I - after a bout of pneumonia in late June I avoided playing Doom for about four months before coming back into this. Alfonzo was on a business trip since D2TWiD's release and on coming back I guess his internet was fuxxored, with him using a library connection for communiques. I last spoke to him on the 9th, when he said that he had the articles written already but on his laptop, which he was bringing to the library on the 10th. If you haven't already guessed, that didn't happen.

We did have the Cacowards picked, though. They will be released, one way or another, whether I write nearly all of them myself or I draft someone else to write Alfonzo's articles because going on a Doom marathon is steadily losing its lustre. What I can tell you is that I am not planning to be part of the next year's festivities, because I do not have the time nor inclination to be wholly responsible for this ceremony and I've let it stress me out enough as is, something I really don't need right now. I do regret that we didn't do something bigger then we've already planned for the 20th Anniversary, but hindsight - or very short-sighted foresight - is 20/20.