Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2013 - 54 maps - /idgames link

Wow, this in seven days, you're pretty fast. Here is a miraculous FDA. :p I'm not sure if there is too much health, mine was fluctuating: started with 100, went down to like 10 during the first fight, then I restored to 100, then it went down to like 10 again in the next fight, etc. One thing I'm sure of: imo it was a bad idea to give four mancubuses (things 168-171) the "deaf" flag, looks a bit silly when you're fighting some of them while the others are just standing in a hideout.

edit: oh, and it might get stuck in coop. For example, someone crosses linedefs 1035-1036, the bars rise, then he dies before activaing the linedefs that lower these bars back and whoops: other players can't enter the area now. Some coop teleports would help, like in Doom 2 map08 if one player fails the ending platforming sequence, the others can just take a teleport that opens in some room.

played the last two maps on chocorenderlimits (due to it's vanilla-like emulation) and found this:

z86: map doesn't work, don't find the PLANET1 texture.

Also i made a self-counting of actual mapslot and... it must be map18, if i don't calculate wrong...

steveD: Found a HOM in the sky on the start building, also found some tutti-frutti effect on step4 textures in the same starting location... also reminding me of map19 of doom 2 on level flow

I sincerely apologize.I have decided against vision zdoomer. Can it be bacj to fellowzdoomer.I apologize sincerely.

Edit: on a different note, all these maps are darn good. I dont know about zdoom as at the moment, im android prboom limited, but the screens look pretty good!
Oh, and

What an insane boss map!

Well, nuts3.wad is still harder
Plus map22 of last year's dmp...

Memfis said:

edit: oh, and it might get stuck in coop. For example, someone crosses linedefs 1035-1036, the bars rise, then he dies before activaing the linedefs that lower these bars back and whoops: other players can't enter the area now. Some coop teleports would help, like in Doom 2 map08 if one player fails the ending platforming sequence, the others can just take a teleport that opens in some room.

Hi Memfis! Thanks for the FDA, it was awesome as always. Almost had you there in the PG fight. You played very well but also got a little lucky with those Chaingunners. ;)

I'll fix that co-op issue. You are definitely right about that one. I looked at Map08 to see how they did it, so I'll basically just copy what Petersen did. :D It's funny to look at that map in DB2, and it looks so simple, but it's one of the real masterpieces in Doom 2.

On the deaf Mancs, it seems to me that 3 of them see you right away, 2 at the very least, and typical dodging will reveal most players to the last Manc or 2, or if they run up the stairs . . . ;D I'll wait a little bit on this one. Mainly, I did not want the Mancs wandering, since they'll hear the battle once the PG platform is lowered, although I could try Block Sound lines instead of the Deaf flag.

When you played, it seemed things got relaxed after you killed that Cyb. You really had no problem outside (I do! :D). Should I add more monsters out there? And what about the pop-up Mancs, should there be 6 or 9 instead of 3? It's real easy to run past 3 of them, but then again, I wanted to give the player options to avoid some of the combat if that's what they wanted to do. Decisions, decisions. :D

I thought for sure you'd make it at the end. I made kind of a dickish move putting trees up there that players can get stuck on. And here's another question -- it's easy to run past that Cyb. He's there mainly for shock value. I've thought of replacing him with 6 Revvies or 2 or 3 Archies.

And yeah, 7 days of total work. That's the fastest I've ever made a complete map. DB2 makes it possible.

walter confalonieri said:

steveD: Found a HOM in the sky on the start building, also found some tutti-frutti effect on step4 textures in the same starting location... also reminding me of map19 of doom 2 on level flow

Thanks a million, walter! Funny thing, I had Chocolate Doom, but it runs really bad on my machine, but still, I tried to check a version of this map. Chocolate Doom froze my machine and I had to do a hard reboot, couldn't alt-tab out of it, couldn't ctrl-alt-delete, either, and at the time, I had 3 hours work on a newer version of the map sitting in DB2. And once the machine rebooted, AVG said Chocolate Doom was infected and removed it from my system! :D I was so butthurt over losing 3 hours of work that I decided not to install a new version, so you can see why I appreciate so much you testing the map. I've revised my original post to reflect that the map requires a limit-removing port.

Edit: Thanks for the comparison to Map19 of Doom2. Haven't played it in years, but looking at it in DB2, I remember it's one of the maps I really liked. I also noticed the odd height variation on the outdoor sky texture. Any idea why they did it that way?

SteveD said:

It's funny to look at that map in DB2, and it looks so simple, but it's one of the real masterpieces in Doom 2.

Oh, I know that feeling. Pretty much all Doom 2 maps look very simple in the editor but when I try to make something equally minimalistic it just turns out so shitty. id were wizards. :)

For the outside area maybe add some revenants since their attacks are a lot more tricky to dodge. Cacos and imps aren't that dangerous when you are given so much space.

I see you have a secret BFG there so having a cyberdemon at the end is okay I think, it won't slow down uv-maxes much and non-speedrunners can just skip him, which is kinda fun to do too.

z86: map doesn't work, don't find the PLANET1 texture.

Oops, leftover doom 1 textures. Removed them all, and ninja uploaded the file (has same name and url).

PRBoom is way too tolerant with this it looks like.

Also made some minor changes: swapped a bfg and a plasmagun, and added a radsuit instead of an unnecessary green armor.

Hey Ed, does that mean you are Megatron and do you want me to change your name?

Z86, I downloaded from the same link but it looks like the wad is exactly the same size as the old wad. Can you confirm?

EDIT: Z86, I understand now, there were never any new textures in your wad.

Here's a preliminary maplist, but there are a still a couple maps that haven't been submitted, so it will change a bit in the end:

MAP #	AUTHOR		    TITLE				  COMPAT		SUBMIT #	
1	Xaser	 	    Stove Pipe 				  (limit-removing)	1	
2	C30N9	 	    Brick Break 			  (vanilla compatible)	2	
3	Hurricyclone	    6 Sectors Under the Sea 		  (limit-removing)	3	
4	Retog	 	    Yergon 				  (vanilla compatible)	6	
5	Fernito	 	    Ferno 				  (vanilla compatible)	7	
6	Matt534Dog	    The Last Stand 			  (vanilla compatible)	14	
7	Marnetmar	    Pazuzu's Revenge 			  (limit-removing)	17	
8	minigunner	    Raiders of the Lost Shark 		  (limit-removing)	20	
9	sgt dopey	    Technecrosis 			  (vanilla compatible)	21	
10	Alfonzo	 	    Postmodern Hydraulics 		  (vanilla compatible)	22	
11	an_mutt	 	    Gothicy Beetle 			  (vanilla compatible)	23	
12	dobu gabu maru	    The Manifold Fever 			  (limit-removing)	28	
13	Marcaek	 	    Bentryway 				  (vanilla compatible)	29	
14	SFoZ911	 	    Fire Fighter 			  (limit-removing)	30	
15	schwerpunk	    TDSW 				  (vanilla compatible)	35	
16	JudgeDeadd	    Hatchet Job 			  (vanilla compatible)	36	
17	Obsidian	    None So Vile 			  (vanilla compatible)	40	
18	Z86	 	    Infernal Alignment 			  (limit-removing)	41	
19	SteveD	 	    Don't Touch That Dial! 		  (limit-removing)	42	
20	cannonball	    Death Metal 			  (boom compatible)	9	
21	Katamori	    1024x32x10x10x3x2x1Monster 		  (boom compatible)	10	
22	Pcorf	 	    Visation 				  (boom compatible)	11	
23	ClonedPickle	    Dripping Oven Oil From Your Third Arm (boom compatible)	18	
24	Fellowzdoomer	    Hell's End 				  (boom compatible)	24	
25	TheMionicDonut	    LETS ROCK! 				  (boom compatible)	37	
26	joe-ilya	    Steak streak 			  (boom compatible)	38	
27	Demonologist	    Ex Tenebris 			  (boom compatible)	39	
28	Du Mhan Yhu	    GreenHell 				  (zdoom compatible)	4	
29	Ed		    Twilight of the Gods 		  (zdoom compatible)	5	
30	EndGameGamingMain   Millitary Enterance 		  (zdoom compatible)	8	
31	Baratus	 	    Go To Hell 				  (zdoom compatible)	13	
32	Netherstorm	    Incarnate 				  (zdoom compatible)	15	
33	Tarnsman	    The Adventures of Pope Steve 	  (zdoom compatible)	16	
34	Kate Stone	    Language Barrier 			  (zdoom compatible)	19	
35	Scypek2	 	    Ode to everything 			  (zdoom compatible)	25	
36	Ijon Tichy	    Futility 				  (zdoom compatible)	27	
37	Phendrena	    East of Eden 			  (zdoom compatible)	31	
38	Eradrop	 	    End Of Days 			  (zdoom compatible)	32	
39	obake	 	    UAC: Unsettling Athletic Corporation  (zdoom compatible)	34	
40	The_Trigger	    Water control 			  (udmf compatible)	12	
41	walter confalonieri ffffabolous secret level 		  (udmf compatible)	26	
42	ShadesMaster	    NUKAGE PROCESSING 			  (udmf compatible)	33

While we're at it... Kate, is your map even possible to finish legitimately? All I can achieve is getting myself killed in various ways.

sure, there's a short number of boom maps in this year edition...

And vanilla. just hope that the majority of it isn't zdoom. Imandroid limited, so unless they make Zdoom for Android or I hurry up and get s computer, Icant play fdmp2013 fully. Or dmp2012.

EDIT: nvm. Didn't see the list clearly.

Wow, 42 maps. We've successfully surpassed last year's map count.

And we've also seen Memfis gave up (oh, totally unexpected) and Ribbiks not submitting, say, silver-colored fork-themed map. Now that's depressing.

Done (hopefully): Waystation M-00

Port: Boom Compatible
Authors: Dennis "Exl" Meuwissen and Lee "DooMAD" Wallis
Build time: 1 Month
Editor used: Doom Builder 2, Slade, Wintex
New Music: Yes
New Textures: Yes
New ANIMATED lump: Yes

No coop or DM starts. Single Player only.

If anyone finds bugs please post 'em up. I apologise in advance for the rather bastardish ending (particularly on UV).

//EDIT: Quick bug-fix, managed to put some armour in a wall somehow and also nuked the 3D mode camera. Should be good to go now.

DooMAD said:

Done

If anyone finds bugs please post 'em up.

Really cool map, a lot of dutch devil vibe in it, with it's over-detailing and "realism" in it.

No major bugs found... but needs few more ammo imo

A Christmas miracle! Of sorts, I suppose.

Click me to download, plz.

Name: Merry-Go-Kill
Port: Boom or PrBoom+ as a minimum
Mode: Single Play only
Music: Yes (specific track: "Waiting For Romero To Play")
Build time: about 8 hours total. Yes, yes, it's too much for a small map.
Tested: Once. BUT IT WORKS, okay?

Is supposed to be small slaughtermap... But, I think I fucked up, kinda. So, it is just a small map. Have fun, if you can.

but needs few more ammo imo

Fellowzdoomer said:

Needs more health inside the base after the rising stairs.

Thanks for the feedback, can I ask what difficulty setting you were playing on?

Sorry for dbl post but...

JudgeDeadd said:

While we're at it... Kate, is your map even possible to finish legitimately? All I can achieve is getting myself killed in various ways.

so many ways to die...so many doomy ways to die...

Sorry. I had too. I HAD TOO!!

DooMAD said:

Thanks for the feedback, can I ask what difficulty setting you were playing on?

I'll add my blab, too. Gorgeous map guys, one of the coolest tech bases I've seen. Haven't finished yet, several deaths on UV thanks to exceptional Sergeant placement for the most part. You do a good job acting like an angler fish and distracting me with a Caco here, a Revvie there, while a Sergeant applies the killing blow. That or one of the many annoyingly wonderful Lost Souls gliding about. This is really a clinic on how to use lower-tier enemies in concert with heavies. Well done!

I've considered dropping down to HMP or HNTR to learn the map, but I'll try to stubborn my way a little longer on UV first. ;)